Senior Enterprise Storage Consultant
with a demonstrated history of success in hardware and software storage design, configuration, integration, support, and administration. Complete knowledge of SAN and NAS protocols, operating systems, applications, server/workstation/system integration, and data conversion/migration. Efficient, competent, and conscientious able to manage simultaneous projects within schedule and budget. Successful in rapidly analyzing and resolving multidimensional technical issues to maximize data security, system availability, and business continuity.
- Business Process Analysis Project Administration Problem Resolution
- Project Integration Customer Liaison System Administration
- Storage Engineering Data Migration Team Leadership
- Professional History
- Managed OnCommand Insight environment along with implementation and utilization of OnCommand Suite products
- SAN Administration of storage arrays on an enterprise level within a multiple site environment
- NAS Administration of storage arrays on an enterprise level within a multiple site environment including production, test and development
- Collaborated with technical architects, project managers and solution delivery directors on a daily basis
- Designed and implemented VSC backup and recovery procedures for VSphere VMDK's
- Troubleshooting on various file, backup, high availability applications servers
- Manage backup data protection and data life-cycle efficiency.
- Project work in a SME capacity implementing, upgrading and maintaining entire NAS environment
- Troubleshoot complex performance issues along with array spindle performance.
- Provision and management of NSeries and Fas6xxx Storage arrays along with the creation of procedural and operational documentation
- Configure and administer Recovery Point Objectives at different levels for enterprise mission critical applications.
- Perform data replication, both local and extended distance using SnapMirror,SnapVault
- Accomplishments Served as a technical storage SME for both Nseries and NetApp arrays. Key contributor of storage concepts and best practice design and implementation of a NFS NAS solution. Delivered end to end storage solution and transitioned environment to steady state team. Consulted with the customer, vendors and other engineers to establish project timelines and cost effective project management.
Senior Storage Engineer
- Responsibilities: Architect using OnCommand Insight 6.3.2 formerly SanScreen/Onaro. Setup and configure new hosts and arrays according to best practice guidelines. Deliver NetApp and IBM N-Series Ontap 7.x to 8.x storage migration. Design and implement storage and server automation via scripting. Performed extensive research and troubleshooting on storage dependent Unix and Windows systems. Administer NAS and SAN connectivity from storage array to Unix and Linux server clusters. Install, Configure, and Manage C-Mode in Lab Environment. Subject Matter Expert for Netapp, N-Series, and VMware.
- Troubleshooting on various file, backup, high availability applications servers. Support SAN and NAS environment IBM, HP, Brocade, McData, Cisco. Configure and manage OnCommand Insight OCI formerly SANscreen or Onaro. Manage petabytes of data across numerous of arrays and frames. Created standard operating procedures for disaster recovery events and testing in multiple locations. Performance tuning of Storage arrays and other operating systems for best performance. Data integrity, space management, and system performance analysis. Produce standard operating procedures on various customer technologies.
- Develop numerous ksh scripts for customizing fault alert handling. Windows Server and Unix operating procedures on various customer technologies. Provide Severity and Priority 1 support as a Level 3 Engineer. Accomplishments Served as the systems engineer for both VMware and NetApp systems and managed Windows servers, ESX hosts Unix servers, and NetApp clusters across 7 regional locations. I was often consulted by other engineers and administrator to resolve complex troubleshooting issues. Served as internal subject matter expert for storage an server administration, virtualization, SAN and NAS storage array environments. Skills Used Served as the internal subject matter expert for storage administration, virtualization environment, SAN/NAS, and distributed server platform. Assisted in building a training and lab environment for new hire orientation and existing support groups. Helped develop course materials for NetApp software and hardware. Compiled NetApp and other platform information to develop a baseline knowledge base for support engineers.
- CDI Corporation / IBM Global Services Senior Storage Engineer, January 2012 December 2012 Assigned as Netapp Storage Engineer to provide remote Storage Area Network SAN and Network Attached Storage NAS support services for the IBM client, State Street Bank. Provide Multi level technical support for diagnosing, reproducing, and resolving software and hardware issues such as NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol CIFS remote file sharing protocol. Perform configuration on NetApp Filers Including management of NFS, CIFS, LUN Management iSCSI FCP . Maintain storage capacity as needed to existing systems. Allocate shares/storage to new servers as needed. Maintain reports on disk utilization, availability and growth patterns. Maintain 24/7 availability to facilitate uninterrupted data functionality.
- CDI Corporation / IBM Global Services, The Hartford Group Senior Storage Engineer, January 2011 August 2011 Assigned as a Netapp consultant to provide remote Storage Area Network SAN and Network Attached Storage NAS support services for the IBM facility in Charlotte, NC. Conduct Business Process Analysis and perform capacity planning to ensure adequate system functionality. Implemented SnapMirror backups and de-duplication to maximize ROI on storage infrastructure. Set up remote filers for DR/Failover to alternate site for data redundancy and availability. Responsible for all upgrades for all NetApp filers, monitoring and alerting servers, storage provisioning for all customer storage requests, and purchasing additional storage as needed in a tiered/shared storage infrastructure. Implement new storage solution for remote sites. Mirrored data from primary data centers. Administer user accounts for enterprise-wide data access. Maintain 24/7 availability to facilitate uninterrupted data functionality.
- Artech / Glaxo SmithKline, Durham, NC Senior Storage Engineer, 2010 2011
- Assisted in design and development of SAP ERP project consisting of NetApp 6080 clustered filers, Snapmirror, Snapdrive, Brocade Director Fiber Channel switches, SnapManager for SAP, Operations Manager, and Protection Manager. Redesigned, documented, and implemented storage environments for Sarbenes-Oxley, engineering, marketing, and the pharmaceutical products information library. Installed end-to-end solution for future expansion and disaster recovery. Created engineering documents, test cases, and instructions for support personnel.
Provided support for enterprise storage in an investment and financial product environment. Maintained the storage environment containing one Petabyte of data. Facilitated system architecture, configuration, administration, provisioning, and troubleshooting. Provided performance analysis while identifying issues and providing recommended solutions consulted with management on new technologies and methods to improve SLAs, performance, and data availability.
Supported multiple network storage environments including both NAS and SAN architectures within a VMWare, Windows, and UNIX environment. Provided senior level knowledge/Tier 3 support within a Global 24X7 supportmodel, as well as Unix administration support and team leadership for a multi- platform data migration initiative
Provided enterprise-wide capacity planning, firmware installation, software and hardware configuration, performance tuning, problem determination, and documentation of solutions for data storage architecture. Coordinated upgrades, managed storage capacity forecasting, and researched best practices for the storage environment. Consulted with management to shape and implement short and long-term data storage as well as backup and archiving objectives.
Provided multi level technical support for diagnosing, reproducing, and resolving software and hardware issues such as NFS, the UNIX remote file sharing protocol CIFS, the Windows NT remote file sharing protocol Network Appliance's dedicated multi protocol network file servers, which featured an optimized file system including Write Anywhere File Layout WAFL and proprietary micro kernel-based operating system and Data ONTAP, which features an integrated RAID protection for data security
- Provided first level pre-sale technical support to AT T's Signature Client Program accounts. Trained local network consultants to become technical, deal project management, and bid management resources. Designed and implemented a Total Cost of Ownership tool to assist account teams when assessing requirements and evaluating customers' networks and storage environments.
- Responsible for engineering and configuration of complex fiber optic metro networks and storage area networks. Supported pre-sales account teams while working closely with solution and financial architects to shape a viable optical network solution. Compiled technical design documents for hand-off to implementation and life cycle teams.
- Early Career Nortel Networks, Durham, NC: Senior UNIX System Engineer, 2000 2001 Tek Systems/AT T Solutions, Raleigh, NC: Senior UNIX System Engineer, 2000 Tek Systems/Nortel Networks, Raleigh, NC: Senior UNIX System Administrator, 1999 2000 Education and Development
- Purdue University, Valparaiso, IN Major in Computer Science
- Miami-Dade Community College, Miami, FL Studies in Information Technology and Business Management
- Wilbur Wright Junior College, Chicago, IL Computer Science Program
- Managing HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array
- Cisco MDS 9000 Series Director Training
- Installing, Implementation, and Management of MDS Directors
- Netbackup Enterprise 5.x Administration
- Technical Expertise Hardware: HP N, K, L, D Class Servers - Nortel Op Tera Switches - NetApp Storage Appliances
- Brocade 4100 c-Class Switches - HP EVA Storage - Cisco ONS15xxx Switches - Sun Class E Servers
- Cisco 9000 FC Switches - Sun Ultra-class Servers
Software/Operating Systems/Languages: UNIX/AIX - UNIX-HP-UX
- Windows 98/XP/Vista/7 - UNIX-Sun Solaris Oracle10 - SQL Plus - NetApp OnTap7.x/8
- OnCommand Suite SnapMirror - SnapVault - SMSAP - Virtual Storage Console for VM VSphere
- Extensive knowledge of multi vendor synchronous and asynchronous data replication software and protocols
- Networking: NIS DNS DHCP SNMP SMTP FTP TFTP HTTP FCP CIFS ISCSI - NFS
- FCoE Brocade - Cisco FC Switches - Synchronous Mirrored Clusters
- Data Security: Veritas/Symantec 5X software Veritas NetBackup - HP storage solutions
- Certifications: Sun Certified System Administrator - Sun Certified Network Administrator - Cisco CCNA/COS in Progress - Network Appliance Certified Associate - Solaris 9/10 Certified References Available Upon Request