| Professional Summary |
Expert Epic systems and software designer specialized in developing cutting edge software that improves efficiency and enables end users with specific focus on maximizing system intelligence and reducing physician workload.
| Experience |
| Software Solutions Consultant at American Family Insurance |
Design, Develop, Support small to medium sized applications for document creation, scanning, printing, electronic data storage, and people management.
| Software Developer, Research and Development |
- Saved orthopedic surgeons one hour per day by designing and programming a tool to order, document, administer, and charge for procedure administered medications with a single click Adding a potential 5M/yr income to mid-sized organizations .
- Developer and primary architect of Epic's orthopedic application new in 2014 release .
- Expert in workflow analysis, systems architecture, design, and software project management
- Created Blood Marrow Transplant Workgroup, incorporating about 20 Epic customer organizations into creating an environment to share best practices across organizations greatly improving tools for this ultra-specialized profit center.
- Design and Developer of Body Map 2013 : A map of the human body from the view of a physician. The map is a structure that shows strength relationships between all parts of the body that are clinically treated with tools to group items into higher levels as necessary for simplicity of view.
- Oncology Treatment Plan Manager 2008-2012 : Multiple integrated views into the chemotherapy treatment plan showing events in a calendar, list, and table.
- Designed VEL masterfile for Orthopedics, an ultra-dense map of the body showing relationships to other Epic concepts.
- Developed extensively with the master files ERX, EAP, EPT, EMP, SER, LPR, LRP, LPG, LLP, TPL, TRG, OTL, PRL, OSQ, and OTP.
- Acted as primary liaison between R D/QA, and Implementation staff for the Beacon team.
- Phillips, Stephan L. et al., 2012 System and Method for controlling Displaying Medical Record Information on a Secondary Display. US Patent 20120253851 A1 Patent Pending.
- Focused on streamlining the oncology consult appointment for a patient.
- Dvorak, Carl D. et al., 2014 System and Method for Providing a Portable Computing Care Interface Specific to a Patient in a Hospital. US Patent ID Pending. Patent Pending.
- Designed algorithm to predict timelines for patient moving through complex outpatient procedures such as outpatient chemotherapy.
Beacon Oncology, EpicCare Ambulatory, Radiant Radiology, MyChart, Epic Server Tech, and Epic Client Tech
| Warranty Analyst |
- Managed a 1M install of enterprise software for warranty analytics. Install included analysis, build, training and the project saw a 300 ROI within the first three months. Installs occurred at 29 locations on 5 continents.
- Savings of 7M by leading warranty reduction initiatives over 6 years, 3M saved in the final year through negotiation using data gained from data analytics and parts analysis.
- Freed up an estimated 20M/yr in cash flow by designing and writing a predictive algorithm using Weibull analysis to estimate warranty accruals on newly manufactured parts.
| Technical Experience |
| Languages |
- Databases: SQL, Chronicles, MS Access, Oracle, WinSQL
- Platforms: Windows 7, Windows 8, Unix
- EMR: EpicCare Orthopedics, Beacon, EpicCare Inpatient, EpicCare Ambulatory, Radiant
- Others: SVN / Tortoise / Subversion, Visual Studio, Eclipse, Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, Basalmiq, Harvest, EpicStudio, Cach Studio, Epic Hyperspace, FileNet, P8