- Excellence in troubleshooting software and hardware failures and malfunctions relating to telecommunications systems. Accumulated over 17 years experience with a major telecommunications equipment maker, consistently providing excellent performance.
- Experienced in the support of mid-to-large capacity enterprise customers with minimal supervision, managing multiple channels of trouble identification and resolution.
- Multiple certifications covering VOIP and Data Networking principles
- Creative problem solver with the ability to perform effectively under pressure, extremely self motivated and results-oriented. Strong interpersonal, time-management and customer service skills.
- Responsible for lab certification for software and hardware integrated into Bank of America's Global Call Center environment which includes installation of hardware, software and patch updates, and extensive testing of inbound/outbound call flow scenarios replicating day-to-day functionality in the bank environment.
- This environment includes a mix of Avaya Aura Communication Manager 5 and 6, Avaya Enablement Server, Call Management Server, G650 and 450 Media Gateways, and a variety of IP hard and soft endpoints.
Lead Spec Engineer
- Providing Level 2/3 support for the Managed Network Services Organization in support of the managed services contract for investment bank Morgan Stanley
- This support included serving as a point of escalation and troubleshooting on various platforms Avaya S8800, S8720, S8500 S8300 media gateways and LSP's which also included Audio Conferencing, Business Continuity, Call Blocking, Change Management, Click2Dial, PBX Admin, Premium Voice Private Lines, Turrets, Hoots and Speakerbus , Cisco Voice Gateway Administration, Session Manager, User Access and Vendor Management.
- Provided routing for branch to branch calls via the Avaya Aura Session Manager.
- Assisted with testing and turn-up of circuits.
- Monitoring via Ticketing/Trouble Tracking system and SNMP system
- Large scale Firmware and maintenance patching
Customer Support Engineer
- Provided onsite Tier 3 support to AT T Solutions high valued customers who include Firemen's Fund Insurance, Metlife, Bank of Scotland, American Express, Ameriprise, Amtrak, Honeywell, DHL, State of Georgia, TIAA-CREF, AAA of California, Cendant, Merrill Lynch, Sun Microsystems
- Duties included working on routine to moderately complex problems or issues on Avaya's converged line of large enterprise telephony servers. Tasks included troubleshooting hardware and software issues, performing software/firmware and operating system upgrades, along with end user issues.
- Responsible for the monitoring of client's network devices and the notification of multiple parties in the event of outages. These devices include routers, switches, voice gateways, PIX firewalls, and VPN Concentrators.
- Systems used: NetCool, Remedy, VitalSuites, Peregrine, Putty.
Systems Support/Application Specialist
- Responsible for the support of AVAYA-managed software applications integrated with AVAYA and/or Vendor Hardware equipment and Voice products. Interpret error messages to distinguish between application package problems, user problems, and operating systems problems. Instruct customer/client in use of equipment and applications, problem resolution steps and/or work-around. May document new problem resolution and/or recommend corrective/preventative action. Escalate unresolved problems to higher-level support as appropriate.
- Products supported: Definity G3si/mcu/r/csi/srp, S87XX/8300/85XX Media Servers, Definity and Intuity Audix platforms, Call Management System CMS .
- Interact with clients in a multi-channel environment that included client-initiated calls/emails, and trouble ticket queues with minimal supervision