- More than 16 years' experience in IT industry, with Masters in Computer and Information Sciences.
- Lead dynamic and business critical IT projects. Worked with business partner's stakeholders and IT teams. Negotiated project terms.
- Lead high performing onshore/offshore teams that are involved in delivering complex business logic solutions. Thorough knowledge in Software Development Life Cycle SDLC . Worked on strategic initiatives including implementation.
- Extensive hands-on technical experience in developing web and client server applications using Big data Hadoop, Cassandra, MapReduce, Hive, Pig , Java/JEE technologies that include Spring, Struts, Java, EJB, JPA, Liferay portal, Maven, Hudson, Hibernate, AJAX, Servlets, JSP, JSF, JDBC, JNDI, JMS etc.
- Experience in variety of industries such as Telecom AT T , E-Commerce, B2B IBM , Finance JP Morgan Chase , Healthcare Priority Health , Manufacturing A.M.Todd company , Education Cleveland State Univ. .
- Worked with many vendor applications including Salesforce.com, SAP BO through service-oriented architecture SOA to integrate applications
- Wide range of technical skills in Microsoft technologies such as DotNet, C , Microsoft Project Server 2007, Office SharePoint Server MOSS , SSRS 2008s.
- Strong RDBMS knowledge in Oracle, SQL Server, DB2.
- Excellent hands-on experience and knowledge on Web Services technologies SOAP, REST, JSON, WSDL, JAX-WS, JAXB, Axis 2, XML, XSLT etc. .
- Experience in different stages of Software Development Life Cycle SDLC and knowledge of software engineering methodologies, principles and practices with Waterfall, Agile and test driven methodologies that includes Scrums, daily stand-ups and client interaction.
- Extensive knowledge in RDBMS in SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and Sybase-data schema design, writing SQL, stored procedures, views, triggers etc.
- Very good exposure to requirements gathering, analysis, design, development and implementation of software solutions
- Experience in server containers such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, IIS, and WebLogic.
- Hands on experience of Web Services using SOAP, WSDL and UDDI.
- Proven track record in project and product delivery schedules. Thorough knowledge in systems analysis and design techniques. Troubleshooting through complex issues that exist in integrated systems.
- Able to learn and analyze complex systems/ applications and problems quickly, and help develop solutions fast, following the procedures and standards in place.
- Partnered with executive/ middle management.
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
- Frameworks: Spring, Grails, Struts.
- BigData/NoSQL: Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Hive, Pig, Storm, Kafka.
- Identity Management: IAM, OVD, OID, OIM, Active Directory, LDAP.
- Vendor Products: Salesforce.com, SAP BusinessObjects.
- Web Services: SOAP, REST, JAX-WS, WSDL, Axis 2, JAX-RPC.
- Persistence Frameworks: Hibernate, JDBC, DAO, Spring JDBC, JPA.
- Distributed Technologies: JMS, JNDI, JMS, and Web Services.
- Scripting/Build/ Continuous integration: Jenkins, Maven, ANT, UNIX Scripts, bash, shell.
- Design and Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, behavior driven development BDD , test driven development TDD .
- Others: JSON, XML, XSD, XSL. XSLT, SOAP.
- Development Tools: Eclipse, Visual Studio, XML Spy.
- Testing/Defect Tracking Tools: JUnit, Mockito, JIRA, and HP Quality Center.
- Source Control: Subversion, CVS, VSS.
- Database/Languages: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and Sysbase. ETL Informatica , T-SQL, PL/SQL.
- Application Servers: Tomcat 7, JBoss 4.1, IIS 7, WebLogic 8.1/9.1, WebSphere 5.1/6.
- Microsoft Technologies: DotNet, C , VB.Net, Project Server, SharePoint Server MOSS , SSRS.
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Server, XP Professional, Linux Red Hat/Fedora , UNIX.
Director, Software Development
- Managed highly skilled development teams to deliver and maintain highly dynamic and interactive web applications to the customer. Managed relationship and project terms with the customer. Reviewed the project progress on an ongoing basis with core members.
- Improved Department's performance by improving processes and encouraging constant communication
- Improved Department's predictability and reliability by setting clear directions, priorities and expectations for on-time and on-budget delivery. Proactively worked with project partners to communicate any issues and risks.
- Initiated and worked with team members on improvement strategies for development, delivery and testing. Worked on project roadmaps for the department.
- Improved processes for delivering quality code and more stable products
- Designed highly interactive web application that served as the gateway to the customers, using Hadoop, MapReduce, Cassandra, Hive, Pig, Java, Grails, Groovy, jQuery, AJAX, Web Services, Tomcat, JSON and Oracle Identity Management Services OVD, OID, OIM, OAM, OIF .
- Managed a team of 20 members including Developers, QA and DBAs
- Design leadership responsibilities include system architecture definition, system specification, design, cross-functional leadership, vendor relations, debug and validation management, and customer facing roles.
- Designed complex customer-facing software solutions/services. Lead the design sessions with other technical teams and produced design documents.
- Built relationships with business and technology leaders and stakeholders to set medium to long-term technical initiatives. Took ownership of technology approaches and direction. Worked with senior technical members to come up with development standards and guidelines.
- Worked with business analysts and technology partners to translate business problems into technology solutions. Lead multiple project initiatives.
- Worked on design and architecture of complex features. Interfaced with other technical teams and helped drive technical solutions and decisions.
- Guided team members with technical direction and challenges, while setting reasonable expectations and timelines with the customers. Effectively delegated tasks to the team members for implementation. Reviewed code committed by the team.
- Presented project proposals, feasibility studies and demoed projects to senior management. Effectively communicated risks, assumptions and technical challenges/limitations to stakeholders.
- Supervised organizational development, recruiting and career development
Supervisor, Software Development
- Lead and designed e-commerce based products. Worked on web store order management system that Aggregates, manages, and monitors orders from all channels. This system Consolidates inventory information from multiple systems, generates a single view of all supply and demand data
- Simplified the e-commerce selling processes by automating the configuration, pricing and quoting of complex products, services and bundles. The selling/ quoting process also has business rules management that requires approvals for different thresholds
- Lead and mentored team members, both onshore and offshore resources. Managed resources' capacity planning and provided direction in general and in conflict. Interacted with end-users to come up with system requirements.
- Architected and designed software solutions that are medium to complex in nature. Analyzed project feasibility studies and estimated time efforts for the project activities. Involved in projects from requirements gathering to analysis, design and development. Assisted management to prepare budget and resource allocations.
- Worked on different software tools/technologies like Java/JEE, Spring, .NET, Hibernate, Struts 2, Web Services JAX-WS, JAXB, Axis, SOAP, REST etc. , JSP, Servlets, JSF, UML, CVS, Hudson, C , Informatica, WebLogic, HP Quality Center, Maven, ANT. Strong knowledge and in-depth experience on RDBMS: SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, IBM DB2 and Sybase, ranging from schema design to develop SQL scripts-stored procedures, triggers, views, etc.
- Integrated disparate systems with service-oriented architecture SOA using Web Services WS . The systems integrated ranged from legacy systems, stand-alone apps to 3rd party vendor tools e.g. Salesforce.com. Came up with innovative ideas to exchange information and integrate service layers with WS. Created mash-ups/portals with Liferay Portal.
- Prepared work breakdown structure WBS to assign, manage and track project tasks. Interacted with development teams by reviewing project progress and helped overcome technology challenges by troubleshooting issues.
- Worked on application design documents that encompass all components and integration points. Interacted with management, other technical teams and business/functional community. Worked closely with functional leads to help streamline and develop/ improve processes that eliminates/identify duplicate data entries.
- Designed systems by keeping Integration pain points and point of failures in mind. Translated business requirements into technical design.
- Lead the development efforts of the products. Took the ownership of many projects/applications, and carried the products from analysis and design to development, delivery and maintenance stages. Worked on different projects simultaneously. Implemented Scrum Agile as well as traditional waterfall methodologies. Lead/supervised software projects and activities and demonstrated products at different stages to higher management.
- Developed/reviewed use and test cases. Involved in system testing unit, functional, regression, performance and load . Performed code review and recommended code refactoring when needed.
- Involved in interviewing prospective candidates and provided feedback on hiring decisions to the management. Delegated work and provided work direction to team members. Coordinated efforts between different departments, assisted team members with new project estimates and change management processes
Lead Web Designer/Developer and Database Developer
- The applications are developed for the users to equip them with better information and management tools. They are developed for the Team Leaders and Managers, from area to national level. Applications developed are sales reports, referral status reports, management information services, new money reports, mega blotter, contact list etc.
Database Administrator/Sr. Software Developer
- Worked on SQL Server 7.0 database administration and also on its design and development. Upgraded SQL Server 6.5 database to 7.0. version. The database is used to store the information about the company's financial accounts. Roles include scheduling database backup, recovery, users access, importing and exporting data objects between databases using DTS data transformation service , linked servers, writing stored procedures, triggers, views etc. for reports.
- Visual Basic was used as front-end. Developed the VB Application to use against the database, using ODBC connections.
- Designed and developed an application called Patient Care Map Application for a healthcare company, which deals with the patients' health care, disease control and case management.
- The application was developed in Visual Basic 6.0 environment. ActiveX and OLE components are used, to exchange the information between other applications and also to increase the functionality of its own.
- The databases, Microsoft Access '97 and Oracle 8, were used.
- Development included, working on forms, class modules in VB, and writing stored procedures, triggers, creating tables, queries on the back-end database.
- Designed, developed, and maintained the health service department's database.
- The project used Visual Basic 5.0 as front-end and Microsoft Access'97 as back-end.
- Project gives statistics of the department such as details of each patient, patient treatment information, their provider, payment details, and other information.
- Developed and maintained a project to process the company's sales and product quality information for an Indian based company.
- The databases keep track of the commission for each sales representative.
- The product performance module aids in monitoring the performance of the products during the post installation phase.
- Worked on PL/SQL, triggers, cursors, views, security issues, error handling, etc.
- The front-end was developed using Visual Basic, and Oracle 7 as the back-end.
- Developed a customized text editor in Microsoft Developer Studio Visual C , for a networking company.
- The project was developed to create a user-friendly rich text editor in graphical user interface GUI .
- The editor was developed in multiple document interface MDI and uses both modal and modeless dialog box concepts for different tasks.
- The project used controller-model-view architecture.
- The project was developed using MFC classes.