- 6 years of Hands-on Experience in the Database, Data warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- 6 years of strong experience in Informatica PowerCenter 9.x/ 8.x/7.x and Oracle, IBM Netezza DB.
- Experience in complete life cycle implementation of an Enterprise Data warehouse and DataMart such as Analysis, Design, Development, Testing, Technical Documentation and Object Oriented Design Analysis.
- Proficient Knowledge in PowerCenter tools like Designer, Workflow Manager and Work Flow Monitor
- Expertise in integration of various data sources like SQL Server, Oracle, XML, Flat files, DB2 and Netezza using ETL Tools.
- Extensive experience with ETL tool Informatica in designing the Mappings, Mapplet, Sessions, Workflows and Configuring the Informatica Server and scheduling the workflows and sessions using Informatica Power Center 9.5/9.1/8.6.1.
- Strong experience as supporting the BI applications and handling various kinds of production issues.
- Experienced in Insurance, Healthcare, Telecom and Financial domains.
- Vast experience in Designing and developing complex mappings from varied transformation logic like Unconnected and Connected lookups, Source Qualifier, Router, Filter, Expression, Aggregator, Joiner, Update Strategy and Sequence Generator Transformations.
- Profound knowledge in implementing different types of Caches for Lookup's- Dynamic, Persistent and Static.
- Good understanding of Ralph Kimball approach and experience in Dimensional data modeling, Star schema modeling, Snow-Flake modeling, identification of fact and dimension tables, Normalization, Physical and Logical data Modeling using Erwin 4.5/4.
- Expertise in creating mapping Parameters, Variables and Reusable Tasks Sessions, Command, Email .
- Implemented Pre-Session and Post-Session shell scripting to run workflows using pmcmd command.
- Good Knowledge on Power Exchange plugins for Netezza and Mainframe.
- Hands on experience working with UNIX and Linux Servers and Automation tool Autosys.
- Worked on Performance Tuning, identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks in various levels like sources, targets, mappings and sessions.
- Well Experienced in Error Handling and Troubleshooting various kinds of Issues.
- Sound knowledge in the development of relational database environment using SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL, Stored Procedures and Views.
- Excellent team player and self-starter with good ability to work independently and possess good analytical, problem solving and logical skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and communication skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
- Experience working in complex, cross functional and geographically dispersed team environments.
ETL Tool : Informatica PowerCenter 7.x/8.x 9.1
Reporting Tool : Cognos10, SQL Server Reporting Services
Data Modeling : Erwin, Star Schema, Snowflake Schema, Fact Dimension Modeling
Databases : Oracle 11g/10g/9i, Netezza, DB2, Sybase, MS Access, SQL Server 2008
DB Other Tools : TOAD 9x/8.6/7.6, SQL Plus, SQL Loader SQL Developer
Programming : C .Net, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Scripting, Java
Office Applications : MS-Office 97/2007/2010/2013
Web Technologies : HTML, XML, XSL, XSLT, CSS
Operating System : Unix , Linux, Windows Server 2012/2008/2003, Windows 8/ 7/Vista/XP/2003/98.
Work Experience :
Designation : Production Support Executive
- Monitoring the Daily and Monthly batch run using Informatica Monitor and Autosys and Performing daily checks to make sure there no gap in the load process.
- Handling Various production issues like Data/Environmental/Connectivity/Performance.
- Involved in Data migration from Oracle to Netezza, Validated and Analyzed the data with various test cases once after takeover of the application.
- Monitoring the daily batch run and Run the daily checks before batch begins.
- Resolving all priority level issues in production.
- Experience in working with CA workload control center Views to find the dependencies, Force Start, Off Hold, On Hold the Autosys Jobs.
- Creating and Executing the Scripts and Posting them to SharePoint Sites which are accessible by finance and marketing managers analyses and improve the business.
- Expertise in finding the root cause and fixing the Data Error or Component Error Issues in Informatica.
- Experienced in performing Change Request and Implementing them in Production Using SNOW application.
- Providing the DB Table and View Access to Developers and Business users in IBM Netezza
- Communicating to Vendors for Host files and Data related enquiries.
- Providing the Ad-hoc files to the Marketing Team upon the request.
Environment: Informatica Power Center 9.5.1, IBM Netezza 4.2.1, Aginity Workbench, Oracle, TOAD, Flat files, UNIX Putty 0.63 , Autosys ,OBIEE 11.1.2, SNOW
Sr. Informatica/ ETL Developer
- Involved in all phases of SDLC from requirement gathering, design, development, testing, training and rollout to the field user and support for production environment.
- Worked in Environment that was following Agile Methodology.
- Prepared the required application design documents based on functionality required
- Designed the ETL processes using Informatica to load data from Oracle, Flat Files Fixed Width , and Excel files to staging database and from staging to the target Oracle Data Warehouse database.
- Performance tuning of Informatica sessions for large data files has been done by increasing the Buffer block size, data cache size, and sequence buffer length.
- Implemented the best practices for the creation of mappings, sessions and workflows and performance optimization.
- Created mappings using transformations like Source Qualifier, Joiner, Aggregator, Expression, Filter, Router, Lookup, Update Strategy, and Sequence Generator.
- Designed and developed the logic for handling slowly changing dimension tables load by flagging the record using update strategy for populating the desired.
- Involved in performance tuning and optimization of Informatica mappings and sessions using features like partitions and data/index cache to manage very large volume of data.
- Documented ETL test plans, test cases, test scripts and validations based on design specifications for unit testing, system testing, expected results, preparing test data and loading for testing, error handling and analysis.
- Migrated mappings and sessions from development repository to production repository
- Performed Unit testing, User Acceptance Testing to check whether the data is loading into target, which was extracted from different source systems according to the user requirements.
- Involved in production support working with various mitigation tickets created while the users working to retrieve the database.
- Worked with BI team while generating reports using IBM Cognos.
- Created Stored Procedures to transform the Data and worked extensively in PL/SQL for various needs of the transformations while loading the data.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 9.1, Oracle 11g, TOAD, PL/SQL, Flat files, Netezza, Mainframes, UNIX Shell Scripting and Cognos
Designation: ETL Lead
- Understanding requirements and preparation/review of High level, Low level design documents and technical specification documents.
- Enhancement of Daily and Historical workflows according to the requirements
- Used Unix Shell Scripts to execute the DLY and HST Workflows.
- Developed mappings using different transformations like Router, Connected Unconnected lookups, Stored Procedure, Joiner, Update Strategy, Expressions and Aggregator transformations to pipeline data to Data Warehouse.
- Worked with Parameters and Variables, Pre SQL/Post SQL, Pre session and post session commands, Emails in Mappings and Sessions.
- Generated Scripts using Oracle Pl/SQL whenever needed.
- Written Queries, procedures, created Indexes, primary keys and data bases testing.
- Created sessions and workflows to sequentially execute the designed jobs.
- Responsible for monitoring all the sessions that are running, scheduled, completed and failed Debugged the mapping of the failed session to check the progress of data load.
- Worked with PMCMD commands like start workflow, schedule workflows, stop workflow, abort workflow etc.
- Migrated the Informatica PowerCenter mappings and Code/Folder migration from one environment to another as part of release management.
- Involved in Unit and System Testing of ETL Code Mappings and Workflows .
- Extensively worked with mappings variables, session variables and workflow variables
- Worked on sessions to be executed in parallel or series based on requirement
- Worked on pre and post session commands to send email notifications using Informatica Workflow Manager and renaming files in UNIX
- Migrating ETL changes from DEV to QA. Also involved in taking Repository backup to avoid any loss of code being developed
- Worked with QA team providing Developer support and resolving any issues in test environment
- Used Informatica scheduler to execute jobs accordingly
- Worked Closely with BO team and Risk Team customers to help understand the needs and make necessary ETL changes.
Project Management Activities
- Created Project related documents.
- Performed various Audits, Reviews, IPMS related Activities, Backup and restore
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6, Oracle 11g, TOAD, PL/SQL, Flat files, UNIX Shell Scripting, Sybase and DB2.