- 7 years of build and release management experience in Agile and traditional waterfall projects using Team Foundation Server, MSBUILD, Subversion, Jenkins, NANT, Maven and Jira to automate build process.
- Proficient in an Industry Standard Software Development Life Cycle SDLC and Software testing life cycle STLC
- Expertise with J2EE compliant IDEs like Eclipse3.2, RAD 6.0/7.0WSAD 4.0/5.0, JBuilder 7.0/8.0 and IntelliJ.
- Automated build and deployment with Continuous Integration tools such as Build Forge, Hudson/Jenkins, and Cruise Control.
- Managed software configurations and builds in a UNIX and Windows environment.
- Developed and maintained build scripts in Perl, shell, batch, and PowerShell scripts.
- Used Atlassian Jira, Confluence, Fisheye, Crowd, Stash and integrated Jira/Fisheye, Jira/Confluence. JBoss, WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Tomcat, and Apache web server configuration and deployments.
- Good experience in converting build.xml into pom.xml in order to build the applications using MAVEN.
- Strong command on source controller concepts such as Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Work under SLA Service Level Agreement Incident Management Remedy with increases productivity, scalability performance of application
- Efficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi component environment.
- Expertise with using Oracle 8i/9i, DB2 UDB 8.2/8.1/7.2/6.5 databases and writing SQL queries.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management SCM
- Worked with different Bug Tracking Tools like Rally, Jira, Bugzilla, ClearQuest and Remedy.
- Hands on experience in performing tasks in Databases like SQL Server 2008, Oracle, MySQL.
- Can work with equal poise in both Windows and UNIX operating systems.
- Software Configuration Management with Branching and Merging strategies, Version Control Systems, Build and Release Management.
- Executed Build/Release of application, maintenance of builds and patches, deployed the application in Testing / Production using ClearCase, UCM ClearCase, Subversion, GIT, AccuRev, ANT, Nant, Perl and Shell scripts on UNIX, Linux, Windows environments.
- Deployed on-site applications to AWS environments configured and integrated applications for AWS cloud applications.
- Proven ability to grasp new things, effectively plan, co-ordinate and meet the project deadlines.
- Strong Team Player with excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Languages : Perl, shell, awk, C, C , Java, J2EE, ASP.net
- Database System : SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL, MS Access
- SCM Tool : Perforce, Subversion SVN , JENKINS, JIRA, HUDSON
- Build Tool : ANT, MAVEN, MAKEFILE
- Servers : Weblogic, Websphere, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat
- Platforms : UNIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, Microsoft Windows Vista/ XP/ 2000
CM Build Engineer
- Developed and maintained UNIX/ Perl/ Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Participated in troubleshooting build for java errors due to vast exposure to J2EE.
- Produce documentation of CM plans and other project related artifacts
- Develop and enhance the automated configuration management system
- Configured Connection Factories, JNDI destinations, remote connectors for JBOSS messaging.
- Responsible for deploying enterprise applications from Admin console and enabling security using LTPA and LDAP for Websphere Application Server and also expertise in setting up security for single sign on and SSL.
- Enabled websphere global security with IBM Tivoli Directory Server ITDS .
- Worked closely with developers to define and configure application servers, virtual hosts, web applications, web resources, back-end resources as well as deployment of EJBs across multiple instances of websphere.
- Have good knowledge of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment WAS ND and integration with IHS IBM HTTP Server /Apache plug-in.
- Worked with performace testing team to run Jboss Messaging and JBossMQ side-by-side.
- Used UNIX scripts to automate administration tasks on Websphere.
- Used diagnostic tools like IBM thread and monitor dump analyzer, IBM heap analyzer and IBM MDD4J Memory Dump Diagnostic for Java etc to analyze the IBM java cores and heap dumps and diagnose the issues.
- Installed and configured Jboss 4.2/5.0 on different environments like Dev, Test, QA and Production.
- Developed, maintained and enhanced build and release management scripts in Ant for J2EE.
- Defined application servers on Weblogic Server, created nodes and horizontal created clusters, configured Oracle JDBC provider to provide connectivity via data source to the application.
- Created Bus members, provided configurations for messaging queue in Weblogic.
- Design and scripting of xml build files for J2EE build with ant compiler and providing technical support to development team for compilation problems.
- Deploying J2EE application EAR to Testing and Production environment using Websphere.
- Automate deployment and release distribution process with Shell, Perl and Hudson.
- Developed and maintains TFS source control and Team Foundation Server TFS automated builds and deployments.
Environment: Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, JBoss, Websphere, Weblogic, Apache ANT, Hudson Java, J2EE, TFS.
CM Build Engineer
- Setup various Team Projects into different Team Project Collections in TFS 2010.
- Configured TFS 2010 Collections, Build Definitions, Work Items.
- Installed ALM Update Services that provides compatibility with ALM work Item controls any other ALM Specific feature.
- Collected documents and links pertaining to Team Foundation Server in order to set up the environment.
- Performed software branching and merging activities for each release cycle Assist in the maintenance and administration of build and release systems.
- Installed Microsoft Team foundation Server 2010 Power Tools to enhance the native features of Visual Studio and TFS.
- Configured software build and automated build process and deployed to nonproduction and production environment.
- Provided 'Manual', 'Continuous Build and Integration', 'Gated Check-in' and 'Schedule' builds along with the option to force builds on that schedule even if no changes occurred since the last build .
- Involved in creating the branching strategy. Responsible for creation of branches, version label and configuration specs for developers.
- Responsible for daily build monitoring and troubleshooting. Fully responsible for development, QA, Staging and Production builds and deployments.
- Created Build Definitions for various environment build deployments DEV, TEST, and STAGE, Production .
- Worked with TFS Sidekicks to clear the user mappings and undo pending changes of other users etc.
- Defined Proxy Server and connected to a team project and configured a proxy server connection regardless of your Location, due to TFS performance considerations.
- Created Workspace to work on the files that are under the version control.
- Tracked the progress of Iteration in order to effectively track the progress of a project, actively reviewed the velocity in which work items are completed and the amount of work remaining for a given iteration.
- Created and maintained tools and scripts to deploy and configure software products.
- Designed, documented, implemented, and maintained scripts to enhance the build/release processes.
- Viewed the Burn down chart graphical representation when managing a sprint that to have accurate data at any given time. And viewed the Burn charts that can be applied to any project containing tasks with time estimates.
- Integrated Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project to manage project and, at the same time, stay synchronized with the Team Foundation work Item database.
- Enabled the association and change sets and work items that help to audit changes being introduced into build.
- Defined Build Locations and Drop Folders where in the output files binaries are placed when build is completed and made standardized the drop location and allocated permissions in order to allow team members to identify builds and their location.
- Provided Build Scripts for Database Projects to Deploy DB and populate Test data in DB for various environments.
- Trained developers and users to get familiar on TFS Work Items, Queue New Builds, and Work Spaces with Visual Studio 2010.
- Created test scripts using Team Foundation Test Manager and integrated it with Work Items in TFS 2010.
- Worked on TFS Portal to generate the reports and involved in creating user queries.
- Created Builds definitions and ran them and deployed product to different environments and user environments.
- Involved in the trouble shooting and resolved the issue that the user faced.
Environment: TFS 2010 Team Foundation Server , SQL Server 2008 R2, Team Foundation server Power tools 2011, TFS Side Kicks, ASP.Net, C .Net, XML, MS build, IIS 7.0, Web Deploy 2.0, Visual Studio 2010, Windows 2008 R2, Power Shell, Windows Batch Scripts.
Configuration Manager/ Build Engineer
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Integrated Maven with Perforce to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and administered Tomcat repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Mentor Business Areas on Subversion Branching, Merging strategies concepts.
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Involved in implementing Tool Suite Jira, Jenkins .
- Setting up continuous integration and formal builds using Jenkins with Maven and Tomcat repository.
- Installed and configured Confluence as the enterprise wiki to document development and change management procedures.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs backend through Weblogic Application Server console.
- Performed setup of clustered environment with Weblogic Application Server.
- Used Shell script to configure the Weblogic application server in all the environments
- Support Lead developers with Configuration Management issues.
- Worked for Creating the Software Configuration Management Plan.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool
Environment: Java, Maven, Jenkins, Jira, Jenkins, Linux, Weblogic, Subversion, Shell scripting.
TFS Build and Release Engineer
- Setup and maintained ClearCase UCM with ClearQuest for the GDLS Software Engineering Programs, as part of the Change Management System. Support Architecting / Administering the GDLS MGV Manned Ground Vehicle ClearCase / ClearQuest Multisite Process Infrastructure as part of the Future Combat Systems FCS program and several other ground vehicle projects.
- Established and created CCM Configuration Change Mgmt. system for project teams. Held regular meetings with several different disciplines CM, Engineering, Release, Integration Test Team, etc. to provide technical support
- Performed CM Repository management activities according to GDLS MGV SCM Plan. Provided data for metrics reporting for the project or CM activities. Identified opportunities for improvement as part of the Technology Change Management activities.
- Provide training/mentoring on rational tools, Configuration Change Management process, procedures, and activities for Software / Subsystems / Systems Departments.
- Established and maintained ClearCase repositories/UCM projects pertaining to version control, change management, document management, software builds, and release processes.
- Established and architected ClearQuest Change Tracking and Problem Reporting tools that support the SCM processes, standards, and methodologies for development projects.
- Supported and maintained SCM Plans, Change Request Management Plans, defining and documenting requirements, process improvements, developing and maintaining technical documentation in accordance with the organization's CMMI guidelines and department process improvement initiatives.
Environment: ClearCase, Clear Quest, UCM, SQL, UNIX, Shell, Perl, Windows NT server, J2EE and WebSphere