Seeking a position in a challenging role in the Medical Coding or Health Insurance Claims field, where my skills and knowledge can be further developed with opportunities for education and advancement
- Experienced in Medisoft billing software, Microsoft Word and other Windows applications
- Able to adapt to new computer systems quickly
- In-depth knowledge of ICD9-CM, CPT coding techniques and guidelines of medical coding, introduced to ICD10, trained in A/R and Revenue Cycle Management
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent written and verbal skills, detail oriented
- Strong customer service skills
- In-Depth knowledge of HIPAA laws
- Knowledge of coordination of benefits, Medicare and Medicaid
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Automotive Warranty Administrator
Ten years coding and processing claims for payment to dealership. Approved or denied coverage, prepared and submitted claims for approval and corrected claims for resubmission when necessary. Adjudicated claims within policy and procedures.
Christopher Williams Page two
Medical Billing and Coding Certification
Studied medical terminology and pathophysiology of body systems, Health insurance 1 and 2, ICD9-CM and CPT coding, Advanced coding, Medisoft billing software and advanced billing procedures as well as a Physician coding exam review
Commercial Aircraft Painter
Prepare carbon fiber surfaces on 787 sub-assemblies and apply groundcoats to mid-bodies and aft sections per Boeing processes and procedures. Correct surface imperfections in cooperation with Quality Assurance and management.
Prep automotive surfaces and refinish to factory specification. Worked closely with customers to achieve customer satisfaction.
Service Advisor/Warranty Administrator
Scheduled and greeted customers, wrote repair orders to customer needs and dispatched to appropriate technician. Followed through with repair to delivery of vehicle. Coded and processed warranty claims, sent to Ford electronically. Corrected and resubmitted claims when necessary.
Wrote, coded and submitted warranty claims, tracked and reported results. Worked closely with Ford and dealership personnel to maintain profitability of warranty schedule. Knowledge of post audit warranty procedures, keeping dealership in line with others. Contacted Ford Field Representatives and warranty help line as needed for proper claim procedures.