- VMware : Expert Level - vSphere 4 5.5, vCenter, SRM, VMware View,, vCloud Director, vCenter Operations Manager, vcloud networking security, VCAC
- Microsoft: Windows 2008, 2012, XPe, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2007, 2013, SQL
- Storage: Admin Level - EMC VNX, Clarion, VMAX , NetApp, Hitachi, Fusion IO, Pure Storage, Cisco MDS, brocade, Compellant, 3Par, Lefthand iSCSI SAN, Fibre Channel / NAS / ISCSI, Zoning, Tiering
- Networking: Brocade, Cisco, Nexus switching Datacenter Routing Switching, VPC's, VLANS
- Imaging: Altiris, Symantec Ghost, Platespin, VMware Converter
- Hardware: Cisco Cataylst, Cisco Nexus, Cisco UCS, HP Proliant Servers, Brocade networking, HP Networking, Dell/IBM/Solaris servers, Tape Libraries, JBODS, HP C- Series Blades
- Linux: Linux Redhat, Ubuntu, CentOS, Apache
- Misc: Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec Anti-virus, Mcafee e-policy orchestrator, McAfee Anti-virus for virtualized environments, Load balancers
- Programming languages: Powershell, Windows scripting, HTML, Batch files, Kix, Powercli
- Backup Software: Symantec Backup Exec, Tivoli Storage Manager, Commvault
- Create HBA templates, Boot policies - Local Disk / SAN
- MDS FI Based Zoning Configure SAN VLANs Configure WWPN, WWNN, WWxN pools
- Provision Mac pools, ip pools Add new vlans, push vlans to existing blades Update/Add licenses
- Configure nic templates, uplink port channels, unified port personalities, provision new unified ports on 62xx FI's
- Configure maintenance, BIOS, Firmware, and other compute polices
- Setup service profiles, firmware upgrades, provision new ESXI, Windows, Linux based servers on B series blades
- Cisco UCS 100 Enterprise Architecture, Design, and Delivery
- Confidential for ground up installs, remediation, and VDI rollouts on UCS platform as consultant for Cisco Advanced Services. Daily engineering support of Enterprise compute blade clusters, dual SAN fabric, and applications that provided service to 1mil subscribers.
- Add new blades, cable up chassis, IOMS, Fabric Interconnects, change local drives
- VMware / Horizon View SME Worked with various business units to provide ground up designs, remediation, and support of Enterprise VMware rollouts. Specified compute, memory, and storage performance requirements to match the needs of app owners at all tiers. Provide full architectural design along with hands on ground up build for all VMware related components. Autodeploy, Host Profiles, Clustering, High Availability, DRS, virtual switching components, scripting, automation
- Storage Networking Worked with various industry standard storage arrays and understand how they interact with today's virtualized datacenter. Familiar with Lun provisioning, NFS, CIFS, ISCSI, FC, VLANS, routing/switching, QOS, and cloud based technologies.
- Systems Engineering Supported IBM, HP, Cisco based datacenters running VMware, Linux, and windows operating systems. Rack/Stack, systems imaging, datacenter migrations, P2V, cabling etc.
Confidential had a need to transition the companies compute resources from the traditional rack stack Dell infrastructure to a Cisco UCS based converged infrastructure. Provided the design/deployment strategy for all Cisco UCS assets both domestic and international. Created the vmware remediation/design spec which called for the deployment of 6 special purpose vCenters , storage LUN size/zoning changes, and the implementation of isolated C240 based management PODS. Developed migration scripts to help offshore teams automation the migration of assets from Dell to UCS. Documented and tested migration plans for companies VMware view upgrades from 5.x to 6.x including SSL offloading using F5.
SR. Flexpod Engineer
Confidential to drive out inefficiencies in their datacenter by leveraging Cisco UCS / Flexpod technologies. Working with a team of 3 high level consultants to provide guidance, hands on support, and installation of a 500 blade Cisco UCS setup. Configure VLANS, port channels, VPC's on Nexus 5K to support VMware setup. Design/build VMware configuration, design/build Cisco UCS Infrastructure, Cisco CIAC setup, self-service portals for business unites, 2000 seat VDI setup , and owned L1 support during the handoff back to SCE.
Confidential provides managed Cloud services to various state and federal agencies. Provided contract Cisco UCS infrastructure engineering assistance for the Obamacare / Affordable Health Care Act project. Provided high level technical guidance, reviewed quotes for technical accuracy, reviewed SLA's and performed assessments to determine what could be done insure that the systems were robust enough to meet contractual agreements. Provide engineering support for managed services clients running VMware view 5.2 application packaging via ThinApp.
Engineer Datacenter Practice
- Work with Top Tier Cable vendors as they transition to the Cisco UCS FLEXPOD / VBLOCK platform.
- Confidential field deployment teams required a Network, Storage, and Virtualization specialist on each install. Successful as a resource for each required discipline. Having working knowledge of complete system allowed EMC to use as resident resource and facilitate the knowledge transfer to internal teams.
- Installs, upgrades, strategic guidance, Netapp SAN/MDS, customer-facing engagements.
- Design / Deploy VMware view VDI VMware advanced configurations.
- Served as admin for 2PB Netapp system for subscriber based systems.
Contract Virtual Infrastructure Specialist
- Performed data migration from traditional windows file servers over to ISILON nodes.
- Emergency ground up installation of 2 x 16 node ISILON x200 system, Brocade switches, HP Servers, VMware 4.1.
- Storage Network performance tuning for best vmware experience.
Contract VMware/VBlock Virtualization Architect
- Deploy EMC VNX/e, Cisco MDS, Cisco UCS, and VBLOCK based virtualization solutions.
- ESXI 4/5, VDI - Citrix VMware View 4.5 / 5 , Vsphere 5 Update Manager, HA, DRS.
- Data Center P2V Migrations, POC, Fortune 500 temporary residency assignments.
- Determine root cause and remediate troubled call center VDI deployment.
- Implemented client to data center monitoring which provided the data needed to fix storage and networking problems.
- Contract Virtual Infrastructure Specialist
- Configured etherchannel to properly load balance EMC isilon CIFS storage.
- Separated traffic via vlans, added 10Gig Networking reconfigured NetAPP, storage, and redesigned entire VMware