Management professional skilled in compliance, information technology, and security supervision. Experience with complex situations and projects with critical timelines and budget constraints and work in multiple state and federal regulatory environments. Well-developed leadership qualities and organizational capabilities. Lead effective technical staffs focused on customer requirements and results.
Information Technology Manager
- CHIEF INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER, AccountNow Inc. a subsidiary of Green Dot Corporation 10/06 Present
- CHIEF COMPLIANCE OFFICER, nFinanSe Payments Inc., a subsidiary of AccountNow formally nFinanSe Inc. 4/11 Present
- Plan, implement and manage all physical and network security operations for public financial company that markets payroll and reloadable cards for the Master Card and Visa networks. Develop and execute corporate compliance strategy and prepare policies for all areas oversees multi-state money transmitter licenses review agency and contractual agreements. In charge of security and compliance for all retail operations including anti-money laundering and Bank Secrecy Act program for staff and retail agents monitor all account transactions for fraud or money laundering activity and coordinate with federal and state agencies for the investigation of suspicious financial transactions.
- Oversee information security across 4 data centers providing database and network services for all business units.
- Conduct risk based assessments to improve security and operational efficiency.
- Developed Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plan for the company and conducted multiple exercises to insure success.
- Manage 43 different state money transmitter licenses and maintain regulatory compliance with all required documentation and reporting.
- Review state and federal regulations to insure contracts and sales activity follow mandatory requirements.
- Analyze fraud patterns and develop policies, automated checks and manual to limit the ability of criminal activity with retail stored value products.
- Maintained compliance with Anti Money Laundering, Bank Secrecy Act, PCI and Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
- Completed eight Payment Card Industry PCI Data Security Standard level 1 audits with no remediation required.
- Plan, manage and coordinate major information technology projects including Public Key Infrastructure PKI , Windows 2003 migration and multiple security network solutions for information sharing with foreign governmental partners. Top Secret, SCI clearance.
- Piloted and implemented the first global implementation of secure voice over IP phone service for the Department of Defense resulting in improved communications quality. This was the system of choice for general officers during and after the Iraq war.
- Lead the upgrade from Windows NT to Windows 2003 with Active Directory on 7 global networks without any significant loss of service or impact on business operations.
CHIEF INFORMATION SECURITY OFFICER
- Plan, implement and inspect computer network security policy and architecture for 160,000 users on 7 discrete networks in 27 different countries.
- Analyzed global threat assessments and real time intelligence to direct proactive and reactive defensive measures to protect critical information, systems and networks.
- Responded to 3 major malicious software events and rapidly contained and eliminated the problem with minimal impact to business operations for secret network users.
- Developed the first secure system for sharing information with foreign governments on restricted government networks that became the standard supporting a presidential directive. This was used to share critical target information between foreign allies and was used as the model for the current multinational information sharing system.
- Managed 3000 circuits and 70 satellite systems during the fastest communications buildup in military history. This provided all of the long range major communications for troops in combat and later reconstruction.
DEPARTMENT HEAD, LOGISTICS AND MAINTENANCE DIVISION
- Direct maintenance and logistical support of 1600 vehicles and 800 communications systems valued in excess of 500 million.
- Procured 1,700,000.00 in special funding to allow accelerated improvements in key satellite capabilities that doubled capacity of the systems.
- Developed automated process that reduced turn in processing time from 22 to 3 days saving hundreds of man-hours and reducing inventory requirements by 65 .