SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS Seasoned, business-savvy professional with proven success in establishing mutually-beneficial customer and vendor relationships with a concentration in Information Security and a strong skill for addressing business requirements with information technology systems.
- Security Architecture Highly Available Systems Load Balanced Systems
- Perimeter Security Virtual Private Networks Windows Desktop/Server OS
- Enterprise Switching Routing Enterprise TCP/IP Networking IPS
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Responsible for analyzing firewall change requests and enforcing corporate information security standards. Work with application owners and various lines of business to vet and secure system deployments or changes. Design, analysis and implementation of firewall policies on Cisco and Checkpoint platforms. Oversight of compliance with corporate security policies.
Short term engagements interfacing with small clients on Checkpoint and Confidential firewalls as well as system and security architecture. Consultation on best security practices and acceptable use policies.
Contract position on firewall rule remediation team. Responsible for running Confidential analysis reports on Checkpoint enterprise firewalls. Read only access to firewalls to examine and tune policies. Entered and followed rule removal/change requests through the change management system. Worked with application owners and line of business owners to remove unused rules in policies to increase system performance.
Contract for six months then brought on full time. Lead support of 1400 IBM Proventia IPS/firewalls at retail stores. Support of Nokia/Checkpoint and Cisco ASA corporate firewalls. Ensured compliance standards for HIPAA and PCI for stores and corporate networks. Backup administrator for Bluecoat proxy servers and corporate IBM Proventia IPS devices.
Responsible for writing firewall rules on Lucent platforms for implementation by the Security Operations team. Involved in rewriting firewall rulesets for deployment on Juniper SRX firewalls to replace legacy production firewalls.
Ongoing support of diversified Atlanta customer base for information technology problem resolution and performance of short term projects. Also managed long term projects and short term contracts for the companies such as The McCammish Group Thompson, Ventulett, Stainback and Associates and Warranty Corp of America. Projects highlights include:
- Security architecture review for Cisco ASA/F5 implementation and CheckPoint firewall consultation
- Sun based Raptor firewall replacement and re-engineering of nationwide TCP/IP network with Cisco routers and switches
- SonicWall HA solution design and implementation
- Raptor, CheckPoint, NetScreen, Cisco PIX, and SonicWall firewalls/VPNs and ISS IDP systems implementation and support.
Concentration on application security, network access control and application layer network security device deployment. Provided oversight for PCI standards and acted as InfoSec SME for other business units within the company. Interfaced with customers to match business requirements with InfoSec standards and best practices.
- I returned to parents' home in South Carolina due to family illnesses. My Father and both of his parents passed away in a 10 month period.
- Sales and business development leader design, implementation, and deployment of multi-platform information systems corporate security architecture, policy, and compliance consulting management of field engineering staff. Design and implementation of highly available network infrastructure using Linux, Checkpoint, F5, Nokia, Cisco and RadWare products.
- Spearheaded start-up of security practice in Atlanta sales, business development and engineering developed and implemented strategic plan to achieve sales goals within established budget developed corporate security policies and security awareness programs design and implementation of highly available security infrastructure using Checkpoint, F5, Nokia, Cisco and RadWare products.
- Consulted with small to large companies to meet customer business requirements with technology responsible for delivering security solutions that lower customers' bottom line and/or increase revenues duties included presales support and client consultations, design and implementation of network security solutions including: intrusion detection, PKI, HA/LB, authentication servers and firewalls using products from Cisco, CheckPoint, and F5 in multi-platform environments design and implementation of CheckPoint FireWall-1 and Raptor Eagle on NT, Solaris and Nokia CheckPoint platforms.
Senior Security Architect, Secure Networks Team
Implemented high-level technology strategy to meet E-business requirements designed business solutions utilizing Intel, Sun and Linux platforms CheckPoint FireWall-1 and Raptor Eagle design on NT, Solaris and Nokia CheckPoint platforms including VPN services designed high availability E-commerce web sites using Foundry, F5, Cisco, Nokia and Radware products.
Senior Consultant, Internet Security Team
Design and implementation of secure Internet and Intranet connectivity CheckPoint FireWall-1 design and deployment on Microsoft NT, Sun Solaris and Ipsilon/Nokia platforms installation and deployment of Raptor Eagle firewalls on Microsoft NT and Sun Solaris Novell BorderManager design and implementation design and implementation of enterprise e-mail systems design of highly available and load balanced networks using Foundry, Cisco, F5 and Radware products content/virus scanning systems.