Software engineer experienced in numerous facets of software life cycle including software development/deployment, test, configuration management CM , release management RM , CMMI, and process definition/implementation. Record of completing tasks in a timely and cost effective manner. Effective team player and work well with others at all levels and across all functions.
- Establish Enterprise-wide CM Best Practices.
- Develop, document, and train project teams in deployment procedures in compliance with CMS standards and policies.
- Document standard operating procedures for deployments, both in-house and to production environments.
- Write project-level release plans, implementation plans, and version description documents per CMS standards.
- Prepare and archive release packages for deployment to CMS data center validation and production environments.
- Build and deploy code to in-house test environment.
- Present CM overview to management and executive staff.
- Liaison with CMS Release Management Team to ensure seamless, error-free deployments.
- Responsible for CM process area in Maricom's successful certification in CMMI Level III.
- Prepared, updated, and implemented CM Plans and any accompanying procedures, based on the Maricom Systems policy and standards. Recommended and implemented process improvements to CM procedures.
- Developed training materials for project teams on CM process and requirements.
- Provided formal and informal training sessions to Project Managers and project teams on CM procedures and tools.
- Developed, maintained, implemented, and populated administrative CM templates used to customize project CM documentation.
- Perform configuration identification.
- Manage adopted Change and Problem tracking procedures.
- Coordinate and conduct planned inspections and internal configuration audits.
- Prepared deliveries from the development environment by creating and maintaining the master media for each baseline and deliverable.
- Provided assistance to Quality Assurance QA in verifying compliance to CM procedures.
- Performed user administration on CM tools.
- Coordinated with engineering staff to develop procedures for software component promotion and system releases.
- Migrated CM data from Harvest to ClearCase in support of CM tool conversion.
- Contributed toward the CMMI Level III certification of the project's software process.
- Documented and maintained system build procedures.
- Built and installed systems for field release.
- Conducted Technical Review Board meetings with engineering staff to evaluate and assign System Problem Change Reports SPCRs .
- Responsible for installation of air/ground communication software releases onto single-board computers and deployment to customers within the airline industry.
- Built and managed multiple baseline versions of software releases.
- Automated the build process to minimize manual intervention, reduce human error, and ensure consistency and reliability of the software.
- Identified deficiencies and implemented improvements to the build process.
- Documented the build process to correct inaccuracies and reflect updates in the build procedures.
- Contributed toward the CMMI Level II certification of the project's software process.
- Designed, documented, coded, tested and debugged application programs. Progressive responsibilities included project management work and software regression testing.
- Operating systems: UNIX, Windows, LINUX
- Tools: Visual Source Safe, Subversion, Harvest, Xrunner, MS Office, Hudson, Jenkins, JIRA, Alfresco, MKS
- Other: WebSphere, SharePoint