- Basic level knowledge and proficiency in SQL, VBA, and Java
- High proficiency in MS Access and Excel with ability to develop complex reports through VLOOKUPS, Pivots, as well as use of system generated and created queries
- ERP and web-based systems, Oracle-based data warehouse, and month-end reports experience
- Proficient in CGI Federal's Momentum financial management software, Carlson Wagonlit's E2 Solutions travel system, Gelco Travel Manager system, Quickbooks Pro, and Peachtree software
- Active Security Clearance: Top Secret, Granted on August 29, 2014
- Active Security Clearance: Secret, Granted on June 25, 2007
Operations Budget Coordinator
- Served as financial planning advisor to the Chief Financial Officer and management officials throughout the Bureau of Diplomatic Security, in estimating short and long term financial requirements for a wide range of diplomatic security programs and activities in High Threat High Risk posts.
- Assisted program offices in the preparation of estimates for budgetary requests, and develop budget justifications for submission to the Department, the Office of Management and Budget, as well as, Congress.
- Maintained close communication with program offices involved in HT/HR operations to ensure the proper planning of financial requirements, as well as, ensured program offices are compliant with appropriation laws.
- Advised management, program offices, and budget analysts on various financial and budgetary policies, procedures, appropriations, as well as revolving requirements, including OMB internal controls and Circulars, appropriations law, Anti-Deficiency Act, FAM/FAH, CFR Code of Federal Regulations , Prompt Payment Act, Federal Travel Regulations, and GAAP.
- Provided support to the Division Chief for Financial Planning on all matters pertaining to OCO funded operations.
- Primary point of contact at Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security, Office of the Chief Financial Officer, for assistance with financial management techniques used in daily business processes, including data analysis and reconciliation of financial system transactions, resolutions for adjustments, as well as best practices and regulations of the Department in order to be in compliance for over 4 Billion of fixed and no year appropriated funds.
- Developed custom Excel reports and compiled documentation in conjunction with the budget formulation team, the financial execution team, and worked with the program offices for policy discussion, and budget meetings, including A123, the Inspector General, and GAO audits, resource manager meetings, and congressional budget reviews process, among many others.
- Lead developer of custom financial management reports for Diplomatic Security, through data mining techniques and querying of multiple data systems in order to identify sources of funding, inefficiencies, and reallocations, recovering over 1.6Billion in prior year funds, 2Million in unliquidated travel funds, and determining incurred cost allocations for 30Million in payroll data.
- Prepared and trained others on monthly reconciliation and analysis of all DS appropriations through use of complex, linked excel spreadsheet reports, data warehouse, and the financial management system, to capture over-expenditures, credits, un-liquidated obligations, and upward spending adjustments and provide guidance and collaborate with Department staff or outside agencies to resolve documentation, system, or policy issues causing these errors.
- Provided other monthly reports on a regular basis, including central cost/payroll analysis, travel adjustments, reimbursements reconciliation, interests accrued, recoveries, unliquidated obligations, and overseas allotment reporting.
- Designed and maintained intricate, specialized reports in both Microsoft Access and Excel, on an ad hoc basis for specific requests from management, including conference travel, budget review documents, internal controls analysis, and other reports to fulfill new needs, including reports required to be in compliance, or to provide documentation for audit requests.
- Served as a liaison for financial transactions between Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security, Office of the Chief Financial Officer and the government agencies we provide service to, both domestically and overseas.
- Collaborated with the Department's Budget Planning office to process both intradepartmental and intergovernmental reimbursements.
- Primary point of contact for all reimbursement agreements between Diplomatic Security and other bureaus/agencies, including negotiation of, estimating recommended levels for services, reviewing memorandums of agreement and understanding, and managing compliance of services and costs provided for reimbursement agreements.
- Automated reimbursement and reconciliation process by creating and maintaining Microsoft Access databases and queries, reducing process time from weeks down to three business days for allocation of more than 2.5 Billion.
- Created paperless filing of all financial documentation through use of Sharepoint site and embedding documents with hyperlinks in Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
- Designed and developed written standard operating procedures, policy guidance and analysis of proposed initiatives for reimbursements, reconciliation, and invoicing processes.
- Extracted data and compiled data from Sharepoint site in order to invoice for over 70 Million in guard services that Diplomatic Security provides to several agencies and bureaus overseas.
- Assisted with annual reconciliations, correction of prior year adjustments, and compiling documents for audit requests.
- Perform special projects and research issues on an ad-hoc basis.
Financial System Analyst and Accountant
- Provided system development and implementation support services to Department of State for department-widely used financial and travel systems, including roll out procedures and testing of new system releases.
- Provided direct system support to users via serving on helpdesk two to three days a week
- Facilitated monthly user group meetings post-implementation of financial management system to provide guidance, as well as, gain feedback for improvement and resolutions. Also organized monthly stakeholder/user group meetings pre-implementation to facilitate amicable solutions to competing requirements among different bureaus based on their business practices.
- Reported data trend analysis for all system interfaces on a daily basis, tracking any significant variances to supervisors.
- Performed front-end, functional analysis, as well, operational back-end system analysis, evaluating data trends and abnormalities on a daily basis.
- Assisted senior accountants and budget staff in solving financial problems such as completing and correcting financial transactions, reconciling reports and identifying reporting discrepancies
- Maintained documentation for quality work instructions, processing notes and detailed functional specifications for interfaces and procedures.
- Experienced in fiscal year end close procedures and revised improved instructions for all period end reports.
- Created database system to run financial reports for management
- Updated and analyzed contract information in excel spreadsheets