Instructional designer, technical writer, and editor with over five years of combined technical and eLearning experience. Extensive experience training, mentoring, and leading staff writing and editing documentation and analyzing, designing, and developing eLearning courses.
eLearning Instructional Designer
- Analyze, design, develop, and maintain college-level, credit-bearing eLearning courses using Moodle, Desire2Learn, and/or Articulate Storyline.
- Plan and develop training and compliance eLearning courses for faculty and staff using Articulate Storyline.
- Train and support faculty in all aspects of online course development and maintenance, including instructional design, Quality Matters, and learning management system functionality and best practices.
- Review courses for compliance with web accessibility standards, sound instructional design, and adherence to Quality Matters rubric recommend and spear-head edits, enhancements, and technology.
- Develop and teach courses within the Business Management Technology program.
- Provided direct service to the public by handling circulation procedures and issues while seeking career-related employment.
- Analyzed reference questions to assist customers in use of online catalog, databases, and other web resources and basic computer needs.
eLearning Instructional Designer
- Analyzed material for eLearning courses and developed courses by mapping and organizing information and preparing conceptual graphic ideas.
- Edited technical and soft skills courses and addressed issue reports and web accessibility issues.
- Mentored and trained 7 new developers on standards, techniques, tools, and features.
- Reduced the amount of time developers spent mapping courses by visualizing and creating macros in Microsoft Word to automate processes.
- Created and edited software demonstrations using Camtasia Studio produced simulations and wrote activities, exercises, video scripts, and assessments.
- Created documentation and established standards of quality for agile, ADDIE course development.
- Received Memorial Spirit Award in 2012 for hard work, dedication, and influence across the organization.
- Supervised crews of up to 35 enumerators and 2 crew leader assistants during field operations while seeking career-related employment.
- Conducted training by using classroom instruction, practice interviews, and on-the-job guidance.
- Assigned duties to employees, observed employees in the field, and reviewed and certified payroll forms and progress reports.
Career Center Technical Writer/Editor
- Researched, interviewed subject matter experts, and wrote The B G Guide to Graduate School published workbook for students applying to graduate school .
- Designed, administered, and analyzed an accessibility and usability test for the Career Center's website wrote a comprehensive usability report and presented recommendations to a panel of BGSU web experts.
- Reviewed and edited the Career Center's grant proposal for the Ohio Co-op and Internship Program's Request for Proposals April 2009 .
- Wrote and edited content for the Career Center's website: hire.bgsu.edu.
- Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
- Adobe Captivate 8
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe RoboHelp
- Articulate Storyline 1 2
- Articulate Studio 13
- Camtasia Studio 8
- Desire2Learn LMS
- iBooks Author
- Microsoft Suite of Products
- Moodle LMS
- Snagit 12