Contract Program Developer
- COBOL and XGEN programming and business analysis to support Collections Department applications.
- Create new control totals reports for balancing between tax assessment creation and assessment posting systems
- Primarily responsible for maintaining the functional and operational integrity of corporate mainframe systems, implementation of new systems, procedures, and operating system upgrades.
- Security administrator for mainframe systems which includes defining and implementing user access control levels using Sarbanes-Oxley legislation compliance guidelines in coordination with internal and external audit departmental personnel.
- Provide access account password assistance to users as needed.
- Provide EAD administration and access security for management and programming staff.
- Perform yearly disaster recovery exercise assuring critical systems can be restored within acceptable timeframe window.
- Responsible for restoring all mainframe applications and working with other systems integration staff to ensure interfaced systems are tested and fully functional.
- Troubleshooting any operational software problems for the Computer Operations, Systems and Programming, or user personnel.
- Development and maintenance of all Workflow Language WFL programs required for program processing.
- Primary person for technical assistance, advice, and training for operations, systems and programming management and staff, and the mainframe user community.
- Administration duties for the Cypress report distribution system software.
Lead Analyst Programmer
- Performed application program analysis, design, and coding using Unisys EAD, LINC, and COBOL. Programming duties included maintenance, fixes, new features and functional enhancements for corporate sales, billing, sales analysis, and accounting systems.
- Worked with operations department to implement new application releases and changes seamlessly into the production environment.
- Conversion of LINC based systems to EAD. Successfully planned and executed technical upgrade
- from LINC to EAD for sales and accounting systems.
- EAD administrative duties including new systems release testing, qualification, and implementation. Established and managed backup and recovery procedures. Designed and implemented new security and change control procedures.
- Provided system strategies and recommendations to company management.
- Y2K data remediation, program certification, identification, and conversion of Y2K critical items. Programmatically populated expanded date fields and key sets and advanced date parameters forward to year 2000 for controlled system testing.
- Database Administration activities. Responsible for database backups, restorations, modeling from production to test and development systems. New database development, analysis, and data normalization.
- Performed software upgrades including a series of three consecutive operating system release upgrades to achieve Y2K compliance for production and development systems.
- Definition of outsourcing requirements and implementation strategy. Played an integral role in eventual hardware outsourcing transition. Directly responsible producing of all data transfer tapes used for outsourcing migration.
Senior Systems Specialist
- Implementation and technical support of a comprehensive hospital information system software product consisting of patient admission, discharge, transfer, billing, medical records, pharmacy, and clinical functional modules. Implemented thirteen individual A1 and A7 systems and networking between these distributed systems and a central A18 host system.
- Extensive on location travel to service client sites located in Texas, Mississippi, West Virginia, New Jersey, and Puerto Rico.
- Extensive DMSII database design and administration. Database analysis, design, and customization as per customer requirements. Performed complete and partial DMSII database recoveries, including a DMUTILITY Rebuild to restore customer's production data corrupted by program error.
- Designed and successfully executed four-pass reorganization on a customer's production database needed to implement a six year span of product development and modifications as a single process.
- Implemented GEMCOS to COMS MCS conversions.
- Supervised and directed other employees and customers' technical and operations staff.
- Numerous custom programming assignments in as required per client site. Testing and implementation of year 2000 compliant software changes.
- Developed program to collect patient admission data at each of thirteen local hospitals to be transferred and uploaded to A18 system for centralized processing.
- Some R D experience utilizing a Windows NT/ SQL Server environment with Visual Basic and Visual C programming interface. Gained experience working with Microsoft Office product suite.
- Designed and successfully implemented systems requiring extremely minimal operator intervention for batch processing, database and audit file backups and recovery.
- Developed and implemented methodologies for backup, recovery, and offsite storage of software and data. New implementations and upgrades of Unisys operating system software on all client platforms.
- Implemented system conversions from other vendors' products or manual systems which required minimal system downtime.
- System migration management consulting for a banking client moving from an IBM 3090 to Unisys A17 mainframe system.
- Provided technical support and cross training for fulltime technical and operational staff.
- Developed PERT chart management plan for system implementation.
- Developed customer acceptance requirements document utilized to assure all products and services contracted from Unisys
- corporation were properly delivered and installed.
- Recommended additional third-party hardware, software products and services to management.
- Negotiated with vendors on client company's behalf.
- Performed Implementation and technical support duties for a hospital information system software vendor before business slowdown and eventual layoff in November 1988.
Lead Technical Analyst
- Provided system software technical support for product distribution and inventory control application systems utilized by a Fortune 500 manufacturing business.
- Planned and executed production mainframe migration from Burroughs B6900 to Unisys A9-F.
- New software release implementations, system conversions, performance monitoring and database fine-tuning. Defined subsystems to optimize Actual Segment Number ASN architecture performance.