SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Experienced professional with recent A , Net , Security , Linux , MCDST, MCSE, and Microsoft Windows Vista certifications with 18 years of installation and troubleshooting experience. Able to work independently or as a team leader providing customers and end users with exceptional service. Experience with 802.15.4 2.4 GH Radio as well as the use of relays and in RF systems.
- Upgrade Firmware, field troubleshooting, and performing RF surveys for electric utility meters and network devices. These devices communicated wirelessly to each other remotely to report customer meter read information. This was done via firmware upgrades, radio resets, and channel changes. When holes were identified in the network I worked with the designers to determine where additional repeaters were needed to fill the gaps.
POS upgrade Technician
Worked as a representative of Tolt Services and Compucom as an installation and upgrade Technician. Successfully installed new hardware and software for the conversion of Hannafords Grocery Stores from Linux to
WindowsXP. Am currently doing the Shaw's conversions. Used RF Scanners as part of the process. Traveled extensively all over the northeast as part of the job as a field technician,.
Splice Service Technician/Desktop Support
- Successfully installed new software and hardware for the conversion from Verizon to FairPoint.
- Effectively troubleshot, repaired and maintained telephone connections
- Reprogrammed computers as needed in addition to installing new applications
- Tested and repaired production Logic Boards to the board level
- Set up test equipment to perform required tests according to documentation
Assembler/ Test Technician
- Assembly and testing of printed circuit boards and other electrical assemblies
- Repair of PC boards to the board level as needed
- Set up required test equipment in order to be able to perform functional tests
- Received IPC certification.
- Used RF technology to program signs
- Used Excel spreadsheets to record test data
Calibration Technician II
- Tested and calibrated biomedical test equipment such as electrical safety analyzers, defibrillator testers, blood pressure meter testers, etc. using oscilloscopes, multi-meters, voltage dividers, frequency meters, RF meters, defibrillators, AC/DC and variable power supplies and custom made test fixtures
- Assembled , calibrated, and tested the RF meter that was produced there
- Used custom written software programs and quality data reporting systems for testing and reporting
- Troubleshot instruments and PC boards as needed and did rework such as component replacement
- Trained new employees to do calibration and testing on specific products
- Participated in several Kaizens to set up cell manufacturing and built test stations as part of the process
Owner/ Service Technician
- Service and sales of cash registers, scales, computers and peripherals such as printers, etc. used in retail and restaurant applications
- Installation and maintenance of hardware and software as well as training users on the use of the new equipment
- Attended several courses as new products were introduced
- Used Windows, DOS, OS2, TEC Connect, Simple Retailer software and 4PM Software.
- Purchased the company in 1992 and managed the company for 11 years which included all bookkeeping, using QuickBooks , payroll, taxes, hiring and scheduling as well as training of new employees and purchasing of equipment, accessories and supplies.
- Used Windows, Word and Excel to do my job
- Traveled extensively through out Vermont