- 8+ years of experience in Software Development and Expertise in OBIEE 11.1.1.x/ 10.1.3.4/10.1.3.3 and Siebel Analytics 7.7/7.8.2/7.8.4 , Informatica 9.x/8.x/7.x.
- Worked extensively on OBIEE Administration Tool, OBIEE Answers, OBIEE Intelligent Dashboards, BI Publisher, Delivers and iBots.
- Experience in creating requests, adding filters, creating prompts, and creating pivot tables using OBIEE.
- Implemented Security by creating roles & web groups, checks with External tables & LDAP.
- Experience in implementing security in OBI using Repository Variables, Initialization Blocks, and Session Variables.
- Expertise in Oracle BI Apps which include OBIEE/Siebel Analytics, ETL Tools and DAC in Banking, Financial, Pharmaceutical, Insurance and Sales & Marketing verticals.
- Strong experience in developing OBIEE/Siebel Analytics Repository (.rpd) - three layers (Physical Layer, Business Model & Presentation Layer)
- Experienced in Data Modeling using Dimensional Data Modeling, Star Schema modeling, Fact and Dimensions tables and Physical, Logical data modeling in the OBI Administration tool.
- Extensive knowledge in Debugging, Optimizing and Performance Tuning of Oracle BI/Siebel Analytics Dashboards/Reports by implementing Aggregate navigation, cache management and materialized views.
- Proficient with BI Publisher reports and using various templates to publish the reports as per user requirements.
- Developed KPI, KPI Watch list and Oracle Score Cards which enabled end users to measure the progress of a strategy.
- Expertise in writing, testing and implementing of stored procedures and packages using PL/SQL.
- Experience in extracting data from Siebel, Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, OLTP, flat files and integration and loading data to OLAP systems.
- Hands on experience in Data warehousing development using ETL tools such as Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x and developed Informatica Mappings and Workflows with Worklets & Tasks using various Transformations for ETL of data from Multiple Sources to Data Warehouse.
- Hands on experience with Data warehouse Application Console (DAC) in customizing, designing, executing and monitoring ETL Processes.
- Experience in Extraction, Transformation & Loading of data from multiple sources to Data Warehouse using Informatica OTB mappings and DAC.
OBIEE (11.1.x,10.1.3.x), Siebel Analytics 7.x,Oracle BI apps7.9.6
Informatica Power Center 9.x/8.x/7.x, ODI 11gR1
Toad, DAC 10.x
Oracle 11g/10g/ 9i/8i, SQL Server 2008/2005, Siebel CRM, Oracle EBS
Windows, UNIX, Linux
Confidential , Augusta
Confidential has to build an application for DHHS to support the child services provided by them in order to serve the people more efficiently. There are Oracle reports which are done previously but the business users and stake holders found them difficult to analyze them. To provide more customization and help the business to utilize the funds more effectively OIT has initiated a Data Warehouse project where the reports and Dashboards generated are multi-dimensional providing the project managers and supervisors identifying the counties and households receiving the benefits, analyzing the demographic information etc. OBIEE 188.8.131.52 is used for developing complex dashboards and reports. This Project enables DHHS to provide efficient services to approximately 250,000 Maine residents
- Participated in the design, development and deployment of reporting solutions.
- Designed and Developed Informatica Mappings from Scratch to Load the Data from Source System to Staging system and Warehouse System.
- Developed complex Initial/Incremental Informatica Objects (Workflows / Sessions, Mappings/mapplets with various transformations.
- Developed Informatica Mappings using corresponding Source, Targets and Transformations like Source Qualifier, Sequence Generator, Filter, Router, Joiner, Lookup, Expression, Update Strategy, and Aggregator.
- Designed the Physical Layer with Aliases, views and followed all Industry standards.
- Designed BMM Layer and presentation layer according to the Business requirements.
- Configured the OBIEE Repository (RPD) and Implemented Security (Object Level and Data Level Security in the OBIEE Repository and Answers) using Repository Variables, Session Variables.
- Created connection pools, imported physical tables and defined joins in the physical layer of the repository.
- Created Time Series Measures Year ago, Month Ago, Year-to-date measures Using AGO and To Date Functions.
- Created Dimensional Hierarchies for Drill Down, Level Based Measures and Created Aggregated Tables to improve the Performance of the Reports.
- Developed many Dashboards with different views (Pivot Table, Chart, Tabular and View Selector), dynamic dashboard prompts and guided navigation links
- Setup Usage tracking option to monitor frequently run reports in order to provide caching for the reports and perform database optimization by analyzing query performance.
- Created security settings in Oracle Administration Tool to set up groups, access privileges and query privileges and also manages security for groups in BI Answers.
- Developed User Interface (UI) components folders, dashboards, pages columns, sections, requests/answers, filters, global filters, navigation links, and views/charts using Oracle BI Presentation Services.
- Extensively worked on complex BI Publisher Reports, Data Models and creating complex RTF Templates using BI Publisher Template Builder.
- Migration of Repository, OBIEE webcat and Informatica mapping across the environment.
- Worked on LDAP setup in weblogic console. Analyzed stuck thread, managed servers, created default authenticated user and configured settings through weblogic console.
- Created and assigned Application roles in weblogic EM. Worked on Trace level settings for weblogic managed servers.
- Implemented and configured Actions on development, Test, Production and UAT assigned users are groups and also masked the data and restricted users.
Confidential in particular have the need to create, generate and manage reports for various departments, both from the DUA and DCS functional areas. The pre-existing reporting needs were met by generating Data Marts on the source database with Crystal Reports or Excel or Access or other means. The first phase of the project includes Data Warehouse design, ETL jobs to load data from source to data warehouse, complete implementation of OBIEE 184.108.40.206 and complete development of 62 reports.
- Proactively communicated with the business users to understand the needs and develop requirement documentation.
- Set up the database connectivity and design the Physical Layer, Business Model and Mapping Layer and the Presentation Layer in the repository(.rpd)
- Modeled the Physical Layer with Connection Pools, Aliases, Views and Joins. Effectively developed BMM Layer by creating Hierarchies, Complex Joins, Measures (with aggregation rules, complex business calculations, level based, dimensionality and time series functionalities) to accommodate the business requirement.
- Developed the Presentation Layer by creatively organizing the logical columns into the Tables and Folders.
- Used Variable Manager in Administration Tool to define Repository and Session variables.
- Creating Users, Groups to achieve the object level and data level security in Repository and Web Catalog.
- Developed Ad-hoc and standard Reports/Dashboards with different Analytics Views (Drill-Down, Cascading Style Sheets, Pivot Table, Chart, Column Selector and Tabular with prompts, global and local Filters), implemented GO URL feature to traverse between the dashboards, passing the parameters.
- Extensively used BI Publisher for creating ad-hoc and summary reports.
- Used Filters (Global and Local) and provided customized prompts to avoid excessive data showing up in the reports.
- Worked on Multi User Development Environment (MUD), implemented to achieve single and centralized Repository development.
- Achieved performance tuning by implementing Caching, Aggregate tables and creating indexes on tables.
- Prepared source to target mapping documentation and then created mappings to load data in the target using ODI.
- Involved in preparing material and training Business users.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Confidential is the world’s largest commercial real estate services firm. The purpose of this project was to implement one system to access management information from different types of projects which is reliable, unambiguous and easily accessible. The related data was extracted from Oracle Confidential system and different ERP systems and loaded into Oracle Business Analytics Warehouse using Informatica 9.0.1.Business Intelligence reports & dashboards were built using 220.127.116.11.
- Involved in requirements gathering, analysis, and functional specification documents.
- Customized the existing Analytics Metadata Repository (.rpd) using OBIEE Admin tool by adding new measures into BMM layer.
- Upgrade the Repository from existing OBIEE 10g to OBIEE 11g.
- Designed and developed Web catalog, Reports/Dashboards with different Analytics using Oracle Business Intelligence Presentation Services.
- Configured Web Catalog Objects (Dashboards, Pages, Folder and Reports).
- Performance tuning of Dashboards/Reports and made changes to database by implementing the materialized views, partitions, re-building of indexes.
- Customized and Developed OBIEE Analytics Reports Account Activity, Revenue on business segmentation, Actual Vs. Forecast Response rates, and Segment and Offer responses.
- Implemented security by creating roles & web groups, checks with External tables.
- Managed Security privileges for each Subject area and Dashboards according to user requirements.
- Created the initialization block to capture the data level and object level security information and applying the same as filters via Group session variable in Presentation Catalog.
- Implemented various Repository variables and System variables depending up on user requirements.
- Created exclusive OBIEE Test environment for testing and development purpose.
- Involved in Merging the RPD and Web Catalog folder with OBIEE Admin tool and Catalog Manager.
- Created KPI’S and Oracle Score Cards to measure the performance and progress of the business strategy.
- Created iBots for caching the reports and delivering the reports contents.
- Extensively worked on the Informatica Power Center 9.0 tools –Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow monitor.
- Implemented slowly changing Dimensions (SCD, Both Type 1 & 2).
- Extensively worked on transformations like Lookup (Connected and Unconnected), Aggregator, Expression, Router, Filter, Update Strategy and Sequence Generator.
- Created and Scheduled Sessions and Batch Process based on demand, run on time, run only once using Informatica Workflow Manager.
- Involved in Creating Tasks in the DAC for New or Modified Informatica Workflows.
- Created Custom Index’s in the DAC.
- Involved in Building and Running Execution Plan with the DAC.
- Involved in running DAC Full Load and scheduled it for Incremental Load, also successfully handled the ETL failures with the DAC.
- Involved in importing and exporting DAC metadata in the process of migration from one environment to another.
- Performed Unit, Integration and Regression testing to validate and mapping functionality.
- Maintained extensive documentation for design, implementation and testing OBIEE Analytics requests, Dashboards.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Confidential categorizes customers based on a significant set of portfolio services that includes checking accounts, savings accounts, personal loans, credit cards etc.The purpose of the project is to obtain the data about the customers from different systems and aggregate within the data warehouse using Informatica and OBIEE.
- Effectively interacted with the end users for requirement gathering and defined requirement specifications document by access and retrieval of financial and personnel data from one single source.
- Worked extensively on OBIEE Answers and Dashboards to create the reports as per the
- client requirements.
- Used Informatica power center for extraction, transformation and loading data from heterogeneous source systems
- Extensively used Informatica debugging techniques to debug the mappings and used session log files and bad files to trace errors occurred while loading
- Used third party tools like Control-M for scheduling along with Informatica Power Center and Oracle10i
- Developed Segment Value Detail, Work Order Detail and OGA Repositories (RPD) by importing metadata into Physical Layer, applied Business rules in the Business Modeling and Mapping layer and created customized user views in the Presentation layer.
- Created Catalog Groups and set permissions for items in the presentation catalog and privileges and rights to users and groups.
- Configured Interactive Dashboard with drill-down capabilities using global and local Filters, Metadata Objects and Web Catalog Objects.
- Applied Cascading Prompts and Multi Level Prompts on Dashboards.
- Identified issues, performance bottlenecks, and optimized the Business Intelligence Dashboards and Reports.
- Developed different kinds of reports (pivots, charts, tabular) using global and local Filters.
- Wrote Custom SQL Codes for the reports.
- Applied Optimization Techniques for the better performance of the reports.
- Worked with business analyst and users (Financial Advisors or FAs) to gather analytics requirements and created the business model using star schemas.
- Trained End Users and Pilot Users about OBIEE Tools.
The project deals in creating an Enterprise Data warehouse consisting of the Compensation, Performance, Sales, Distribution, and Location subject areas as data marts. The sources being dealt are extracted from various databases and Flat files. Data warehouse was built in order to provide standardized reporting process for the sales force data. Oracle BI Platform Solutions was implemented for providing interactive Dashboard access to strategic business information from the company-wide data warehouse.
- Installed and configured Oracle BI EE 10.1.3.3/ Oracle BI Sales Analytics 7.9.5 on Windows.
- Worked extensively on OBIEE Answers and Dashboards to create the reports as per the client requirements.
- Worked extensively on various Cache Management techniques to increase the performance of the both Real-Time and Non Real-Time reports.
- Implemented Time Comparison and calculation measures in the business model using Time series wizard.
- Created groups in the repository and added users to the groups and granted privileges explicitly and through group inheritance.
- Extensively used ETL to load data from multiple sources to Staging area (Oracle) using Informatica Power Center 8.1.
- Developed many delta / incremental complex Informatica ETL process and Oracle Packages i.e., Mappings & Mapplets using various Transformations.
- Redesign Informatica & DAC mappings based on new requirements.
- Configured DAC to run nightly data loads on daily basis based on the execution plan.
- Configured new customized mappings & work flows in DAC for new customized subject area.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
The goal of the Sales Data Mart project is to implement a data warehouse as a single repository of sales data and enhance business processes to capture additional sales data that enable reporting. Sales DM is a consolidation of different sales reporting systems and provides Multidimensional Reporting of Order Bookings and Forecast data for the Sales Organization.
- Involved in translating high-level business requirements into logical business dimensional model.
- Designed and developed the OBIEE/Siebel Analytics Metadata Repository (.rpd) using OBIEE Admin Tool by importing the required data base objects both Facts and Dimensions with integrity constraints into physical layer using connection pool.
- Imported Physical tables from Oracle database and defined relations between Physical tables at the Physical Layer.
- Worked on building OBIEE Repository at 3 layers i.e., Physical Layer, Business Model and mapping Layer and Presentation Layer.
- Created Business Facts, Dimensions and defined Logical relation between them at the Business model and mapping layer.
- Mapping in data sources using Oracle BIEE Admin tool to create repository.
- Created Hierarchies, Levels, and implemented Business Logic by creating level based measures in OBIEE business model & mapping layer.