VMware and Windows:
- Hands-on experience in Project Management, Deployment, Installation, Administration, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of various Microsoft Operating Systems and Application, Networks and Computers.
- Extensive experience in Windows 2012/2008R 2/ 2008/2003/2000 servers at single or multi domain platforms.
- Experience in Active Directory, GPOs, DNS, DHCP, File & Print Server, Microsoft Cert server, IIS (Web Server), IIS 6.0/7, FTP, Terminal Server, RIS, RRAS, NAT, WSUS, Microsoft Clustering, Exchange Mail Server and ISA Server.
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like Installing, Configuring, Administering VMware ESX/ESXi and Created and managed VMs (virtual server) and also involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Expertise in building Microsoft Windows 2008 R2, 2008, 2003, 2000 servers using HP Smart Start, Array configurations, diagnosing server, Updating Firmware and PSP, Application Software under multi-platform environments, deployment & monitoring Servers.
- Experience in managing multiple Windows systems with Microsoft SCCM 2007 providing patch management, remote control, software distribution and OS deployment.
- Experience in Migration from Exchange Server 2003/2007 to Exchange Server 2010.
- Experience with designing, maintaining, recovering and supporting Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010 .
- Extensive experience with Windows 2008 clustering services.
- Experience in Scripting (Perl, PowerShell).
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in data center Migration.
- Expertise in the area of Virtualization with vSphere, VMware ESXi 5,ESX 4.x and 3.x hosts and Virtual Center server.
- Worked on vCenter Server 4.1, 5.1 and 5.5 for managing multiple ESXi Servers.
- Build and troubleshooting experience with ESX Servers and ESXi Servers.
- P2V and V2V conversions using VMware Converter Enterprise 3 and 4 and PlateSpin.
- Worked extensively on Templates and clones.
- Implemented and managed HA and DRS clusters.
- Knowledge on iSCSI SAN, NAS, NFS storage and RAID concept.
- Hands on experience with EMC storage Celerra and Clariion, VNX and VMAX.
- Extensive understanding of networking concepts, (IE. Configuration of networks, TCP/IP, VPN, VLANs, and routing in LAN/WAN, Ethernet Port, Patch Panel virtual networking, wireless networks &Cloud computing concepts).
- Experience with x86 / x64 Intel, HP, IBM & Dell hardware like rack-mounted servers, tower servers, desktop, laptop and other peripherals.
- Administration of production Windows Servers infrastructure that includes Domain Controllers, IIS Web Servers, File and Print servers.
- Administrating, creating and modifying DNS records, DHCP scope and reservation, DFS link, Web servers including record/scope creation, troubleshooting and WINS and DNS and managing user and group accounts Administration.
- Advanced knowledge with Linux operating system.
- Strong knowledge with Win 7 / Win 8 operating systems administration.
- Administrating and responsible for Microsoft File and Print servers cluster on windows 2003/2008. Managing printers’ queues, spoolers, files and folders permission, maintenance/failover of cluster whenever it’s required.
- Implementation of View 5.0, View 4.5 Desktop Virtualization View 4.6, VDI on Cisco UCS.
- Sound knowledge on Build and troubleshooting experience with ESX hosts and Virtual Center Server.
- Strong understanding of VMware Networking concepts like creation of vSwitches, different types of portgroups, NIC Teaming and VLAN Problem management on VMware ESX 5.X and Virtual Center and vMotion.
- Familiar with Data Center/Server Farm environment like Servers deployment, Cabling & labeling maintaining AC cooling, Environmental Sensing Devices, power and UPS monitoring.
- Knowledge in EMC Clarion SAN Storage, HP EVA 8400, NAS storage environment and IBM DS4800 SAN storage. ESX Architecture, guest OS installation, setting up of VM priorities, and Cloning and snapshots.
VMware: VSphere, VMware View 4/5.0, VMware ESX 3, 3.5 and 4.1/4.0, 5.0, Virtual center server 2.5, 4.0 and 5.0.,VMware converter enterprise, VMware Update Manager, HA, DRS, DPM, vMotion and SVMotion, VMware ESXI server, SRM etc
Operating System:Windows Server NT 4.0/2000/2003/2008 R2, WINTEL servers, Windows XP/Vista/7, VM Ware ESX/ESXi server, Citrix Xen Server, Hyper-V, TSM, Cisco ISO.
Serves OS / Hardware /Storage: Cisco UCS Blades, HP Blade Enclosure C7000, HP Proliant Blades BL Series, extender 2000.
Business Objects: Bussiness Objects XI, Crystal reports, Dashboard Design, IDT, BI launchPad, CMC.
Backup Software’s: ADMT, MS Baseline Security Analyzer, Symantec Backupexec, MS Visio, McAfee EPO, Symantec Endpoint Protection, VM backup tools/Scripts and vRanger Pro. Veeam tools
Applications: MS Office 2003, 2007 and MS Visio, Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010 , System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM) and System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
Third party VMware applications: PlateSpin power convert, Solar winds, VshieldEdge, Vcloud Director.
Remote Tools: RDP, DameWare, RADMIN, VNC, LogMeIn, Dameware, PCAnywhere, Team Viewer
Email: SMTP, IMAP, Gmail Postini Console, Spam and virus filtering
Confidential- Tulsa, OK
Role: Infrastructure Administrator
- Primary windows admin for ERP application tower.
- Handled over 17 different apps under ERP suite and delivered each one on time with execellent customer service.
- Installation, configuration and deployment of windows 2008 and 2012 servers.
- Installation, configuration and deployment of SQL server 2008 r2 and 2012.
- Handled share creation and copies
- Handled Server cloning as part of the seperation process.
- Configuration DNS alias and server access
- Creating Virtual Machines, installing and updating VMware tools, Configuring and managing Virtual network, Virtual disk and memory expansion to the VMs, Vmotion, high availability.
- Created various automation tasks through SCCM/Scorch Process.
- Handled Orion for Allocation of IP address.
- Deployed Windows servers for SCADA.
- Installed and configured SAP Business Objects Enterprise XI 3.1
- Was part of the Desktop migration team in migrating over 3500 desktops to the new domain.
- Support vmware server infrastructure by handling VM issues requests like Guest operating system Disk expansion, adding CPU, increasing VM Memory.
- Creating service accounts and naming standards.
- Creating global groups and migrating users as per service requests.
- Creating Local Admin Groups and creating servcie accounts for app teams.
- Managing and creating Flie and Print Servers for ERP and creating new print queues.
- Assisted in editing scripts for various software deployment for System center 2012 configuration manager .
Confidential USA Inc- Malvern, PA
Role: VMware and Windows Administrator- Change Execution.
- Handling SIEMENS HealthCare Data Center as part of Remote Infrastructure Management with all Cloud Computing Technologies.
- Administration of Datacenter running with VMware Sphere 5.1 and Windows.
- Installation and configuring ESXi, Vcenter servers.
- Handling more than 800 servers including Virtual and physical.
- Remote installation of ESXi Hosts and Communicating with Network/Storage teams for Server Support.
- Creating Virtual Machines, installing and updating VMware tools, Configuring and managing Virtual network, Virtual disk and memory expansion to the VMs, Vmotion, high availability, Disaster Recovery Solutions (DRS).
- Creating Templates, deploying a virtual machine from template.
- Handling VM issues requests like Guest operating system Disk expansion, adding CPU, increasing VM Memory.
- Handling Vcenter Servers administration.
- Handling P2V and V2V VM conversion requests.
- Responsible for provisioning physical windows servers and virtual machines.
- Responsible for Virtual Machine access control, controlling administrative rights, monitoring environment, taking the performance graph of VMS and ESX host if required.
- Install, Configure and maintain Windows 2003 and 2008 Servers.
- Working on Citrix products XenApp Server 6.0 Environment, Handling Citrix Administration with multiple sites and farms.
- Working on Citrix XenApp servers for publishing applications.
- Deploying and scheduling patches to the servers through Shavlik tool.
- Configuring signature /Disk groups /volumes, Volume expansion through VERITAS Administration Console.
- Restoring Windows servers with BESR images during the Disaster Recovery.
- Handling Vmax storage migration for around 600 servers.
- Handling different processes Maintenance activities on weekends.
- Creation, Deletion and disabling of user login accounts, reset passwords and unlocking locked out user accounts through Active directory management console.
- Creating OUs (Organizational Units) based on the requirement.
- Managing Active directory and Group policies.
- Problem management and issue resolution for servers & clusters.
- Performing Root Cause Analysis for major failures.
- Implementing and monitoring backup on servers using Symantec BESR console.
- Resolving all tickets within SLA timeframe.
- Maintaining 100% uptime for the all servers in the domain.
- Call queue monitoring.
- Database Management (Backup and restore)
- Server Maintenance – Infrastructure Servers, Storage Servers, Domain Controllers, NSM
- SAP Business Objects (Heathcare query upgrades)
- DSS New Hardware Upgrades, In-Place upgrades & Service Pack Applies
- SQM In-Place Upgrades & Service Pack Applies
Role: VMware and Windows Engineer.
- Installing and Managing ESX and ESXi servers on HP and DELL hardware, and Installation of vCenterServer, vCenter Components and upgrading VMware Tools.
- Creating resource pools and adding the VM’s into the pools.
- Updated Firmware and ProLiant Support Pack for Windows 2000/2003 servers.
- Used tools such as VMware Converter, PlateSpinPowerConvert, and VeeamFastSCP to work on ESXi Environment for the P2V conversions.
- Design, Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and Network fundamentals, protocols (such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), Group Policy (GPO) and Profile Management.
- Expertise in remote control, patch management, software distribution, operating system deployment, network access protection, and hardware and software inventory using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM).
- Assisted in migration to Exchange 2010, configuring a reliable, fault tolerant and secure environment.
- Created Snapshots according to user’s requirement.
- Maintained Web Servers by installing IIS 6 , FTP Sites and creating Virtual Directories in IIS6 .
- Involved in Managing, Installing, and Supporting Windows 2003/2008 Servers, andVMware ESXi Servers 4.0/4.1.
- Building ESXi 4.0/5.0 Host and maintain those ESXi servers through Vsphere Client.
- Taking care of capacity planning for new clusters, ESXi and VM storage issues.
- Configured HA, DRS clusters, FT for important VM’s.
- Analyzing and implementing OS patches and hot fixes as well as other OS configurations and updates using Blade Logic Patch Management tool.
- Involved in configuring the new HP Servers with Windows 2008/2003/2000 by using Altiris tool.
- Capacity planning using Capacity planner and VMware guided consolidation for gathering the Physical machines CPU and Memory usage metrics.
- P2V Hot conversions using converter enterprise 3, 4 and 5 and P2V cold conversion using VMware Converter Boot CD.
- Performance monitoring using VizoncoreVfoglight and ESXTOP.
- Presenting FC SAN LUN’s, RDM’s iSCSI LUN’s and NFS mounts.
- Created vSwitches and different ports groups for different purposes.
- Taking care of NIC teaming at ESX server level for redundancy.
- Updating and upgrading ESXi servers using vCenterupdate manager.
- VMotion and Storage vMotion according to the requirement.
- Experience with troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, IIS and Active directory.
- Maintained Barracuda Spam & Virus Firewall for Exchange Server.
- Successfully Migrated Win XP users to Windows 7 using USMT (User State Migration Tool).
- Creating technical notes and user guides for new software and database for end users.
- Performed technical expertise for windows systems environments on issues related to servers, local services, data centers, and server configuration.
- Maintained records for event, audit and application logs.
- Implementation of Active Directory infrastructure and protocols (such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS), Group Policy (GPO) and Profile Management.
- Creating User Accounts and Groups in Active Directory.
- Installed and Configured Windows 2008/2003 Servers.
- Monitor all windows backup and perform fine-tuning every 15 days.
Environment: VMware ESX 5.1/5.0/4.0, VSphere 4.0,5.0, Vcenter4.0 .Windows Server 2008 R2/2003, Windows 7/XP, Active Directory, HP Proliant DL and Blade Servers.
Role: VMware and Windows Administrator.
- Installed, configured and administering MicrosoftWindows2003/2000 servers.
- Involved in the VMware implementation and expansion work.
- Add 50+ hosts bringing total to 105 managed hosts and administered more than 1500+ VMs.
- Created and managed separate VMware clusters like QA, Development and Production.
- Perform capacity analysis of production environment using VMware Capacity Planner.
- VMware tools upgrading and Windows patch updates.
- Migrated datacenters and converted physical servers to virtual servers using VMware and HP Blade servers.
- Created and managed resource pools for Virtual Machines.
- Monitoring and managing performance of ESX servers and Virtual Machines using Virtual Center Server for HA, DRS.
- Involved in live migration of Virtual Machines and Virtual machines files using the VMotion and Storage VMotion.
- Handled the VMware solutions to support multiple storage connectivity options such as FC-SAN, iSCSI, NFS (NAS) and internal storage.
- Administered and setup print servers in Windows 2003/2000 server.
- Creation & Troubleshooting of Virtual Network, ESXi & Virtual Machines.
- Creation of templates from VMs and deploying VMs from templates.
- Administer for windows server 2003-2008 and all related server services including FTP, AD, DNS, DHCP and VPN.
- Designing, maintaining, recovering and supporting Microsoft Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010 .
- Created Virtual environment by using VMware ESX Server.
- Creating a test Environment in VM Machines for Production Team to test their applications.
- Experience with data center hosting web sites maintaining application servers.
- Perform regular maintenance of Server 2008 and2003, which consist of adding users, editing user loginscripts and granting permission to directories and shared files.
- Monitor Sonic wall CDP (Continues data protection) 6.0 services for offsite backup.
- Provide Active Directory, Group policy and user profile maintenance.
- Maintain Symantec Endpoint protection management console.
- Provided technical support to troubleshoot network connectivity, network printing and user access issue.
- Troubleshoot windows infrastructure by resolving trouble tickets assigned by the users.
- Maintained and track hardware and software inventory and documents.
- Maintaining documentation and process for supported systems and applications.
Environment: VMware ESX 4.0/3.5, VSphere 4.0, Windows Server 2008/2003, Active Directory 2003, HP Proliant Servers.
Role: Windows Engineer. Duration:
- Installing, configuring & administering Windows 2003 Enterprise Server.
- Managing Domain Controllers and Additional Domain Controllers.
- Implementing Disaster Recovery in Windows 2003/2000 Domains.
- Configuration of Domain Naming Server (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Implementing Disaster Recovery by Optimizing FSMO roles Placement.
- Created User Accounts, Configuring User Profiles, Creating local and Global Groups and implementing Group Policies (GPO).
- Sharing Folders, Planning and Assigning NTFS Permissions and System Policies.
- Installation of Operating Systems Win98, Win XP, Win NT, Win 2000, Win 2003 etc.
- Configuration and Managing Remote Installation Service (RIS).
- Implementing user administration like adding, deleting and modifying user accounts.
- Responsible for operations and maintenance for TCP/IP.
- Routing via EIGRP, OSPF and BGP and network addressing.
- Provided looping for connectivity in case of major physical media breakdowns.
- Planning and scheduling the network down time for various upgrades and maintenance check.
- Involved in troubleshooting the physical layer issues.
Environment: Windows 2000/2003 Servers, Active Directory, Network Printers, Windows XP.
Role: Windows Administrator.
- Responsible for participating in providing transition support and services for the Delphi Automotive Widows servers to gather and define the processes needed for the HP global delivery teams.
- Publishing and assigning the user permissions to access the Applications in Citrix Management Console.
- Creating the load evaluators for load balance purpose while users accessing the Applications.
- Maintaining the file server, application and Print Server.
- Created User Accounts, groups and running scripts on production servers.
- Assigned local security policies on member servers and standalone servers using RDP.
- Manage and monitor Active Directory services and group policies (GPO).
- Worked elaborately on different windows environment which include Windows NT version 4.0, Work Station, Terminal, 2000 and 2003.
- Created objects like User Accounts, Computer Accounts, and Auto logon accounts.
- Assigning folder permissions to the users by gathering approval from the group owners.
- Efficiently created and managed various Groups (Domain Local and Global Security).
- Worked on HP Open View Service Desk (OVSD) tickets.
- Raised tickets for any issues discovered during validation.
- Categorization of server in terms of complexity and effort required to complete the primary system access tasks.
- Created standard operating procedures and process documents for training off shore resources.