- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Identify/Execute Cost
- Client Management
- Service Delivery
- Manage Cross Functional and Direct Reporting Teams
- Payroll Accounting
- Executive Payroll Management
- Expatriate Management
- Payroll Tax Filing Management
- 20+ Years Payroll Experience with Large, Complex Corporations, including Direct Supervisory Responsibility
- Capacity Planning
- Partner with COEs to establish goals/objectives
- Vendor Management
- Building Relationships
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Payroll and Human Resources Operations Manager
Responsible for managing a third party external HR/Payroll vendor of operations for 18,000+ (previously 28,000+) US employees. Partner with additional third party vendors during issue resolution activities, including but not limited to various interfaces to third party external benefits vendor systems and interfaces with internal systems.
- Ensure all of the payroll work streams are effectively integrated and executed.
- Manage the accurate processing of executive payroll, including long term incentives, bonuses, separation agreements, etc.
- Ensure company compliance with all federal, multi-state and local tax reporting requirements including quarterly wage reporting and annual reconciliations and provide direction to third party vendor.
- Oversee the resolution of tax notices, reconcile quarterly tax package from vendor. Ensure deposits are made accurately / timely.
- Approve payroll funding of $2 billion annually.
- Responsible for payroll projects, including but not limited managing bonus and merit cycles, and year end activities. Responsible for the implementation of cost initiatives, and problem resolutions. Manage continuous improvement initiatives and cost reduction activities.
- Point of escalation for key stakeholders and HR leaders.
- Subject matter expert on strategic Payroll/HR Operations initiatives and key projects.
- Drives and applies change management discipline to insure successful projects (ADKAR methodology)
- Ensures processes and systems meet quality standards to deliver a superior employee experience.
- Able to work in an environment of high expectations and deliver results accurately.
- Manage 6 payroll analysts (managed 13 prior to re-organization). Apply formal project management discipline and mentors others to allow learning of same. Insures vendor applies project management discipline.
- Collaborate with the Time and Attendance lead to identify problems and execute resolution for time and attendance system issues.
- Partner with Executive Compensation and 3rd party accounting vendor to initiate/manage payroll transactions for Expatriates to ensure accurate payroll wage and tax reporting.
Confidential, New Britain, CT
Responsible for the management of payroll operations for 10,000+ US and Canadian employees of a multi-billion dollar global manufacturing firm.
- Provided leadership and direction to field operations / human resources professionals of 200+ locations.
- Drove initiatives through the organization resulting in platform change for payroll application achieving improved efficiencies and reduced third party expenses (20%).
- Managed staff of 15 employees while providing capacity planning assessments and performance evaluations.
- Monitored department's performance and effectiveness with metrics developed for productivity tracking, control adherence, and audit results.
- Ensured adherence to union contracts (prevailing wages, audits, remittances, etc.).
- Developed and managed project plans for acquisitions and organizational changes.
- Vendor management of third parties providing services for payroll processing and related activities; maintained contractual Service Level Agreements with fee considerations.
- Primary liaison to the Human Resources and Benefits community coordinating integration activities of Payroll and Benefits.
- Partnered with HRIS team on the implementation of SAP’s HR application.
- Implemented Payroll/HRIS/HR systems (Ceridian, SAP, ADP)
- Developed and maintained budgetary controls for the entire payroll department, approximately $1.7 million.
- Instituted audit processes reducing error rate/manual check volumes by 25%.
- Implemented overpayment tracking/recovery process resulting in $250,000 reduction in annual losses.
- Managed Employee Self Service Project providing access to payroll information for all employees.
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
Senior Client Services Manager - Defined Contribution
Managed multiple “Large Plan Services” clients, overseeing operational support in a client facing role, maintaining responsibility for client retention of approximately $7 billion in retained assets.
- Provide consultative and proactive approach to clients assisting with their administration of 401(k) Plans.
- Provided leadership and direction to internal corporate action teams working with clients on acquisitions, mergers, divestitures, and other client business developments.
- Managed Associate Client Service Managers providing mentoring and formal development plans for succession planning objectives.
Service Integration Manager
Manage service delivery and data integration for clients utilizing multiple employee benefits product lines including Health and Welfare, Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, Employee Stock Ownership Plans, and HR/Payroll.
- Provided leadership in the development of a team focused on service delivery to clients by organizing and facilitating communication meetings with multiple operational support teams.
- Implemented and directed product enablement efforts for roll out of integrated products and services.
- Facilitated team relationships across product lines with internal operational teams and clients.
- Acted as point of escalation for integrated service issues.
Confidential, Avon, CT
Managed the conversion and implementation from legacy HR/Payroll/Benefit systems to the standard platforms utilized by other outsourcing clients.
- Facilitated requirement gathering of business and technical functional specifications.
- Established and directed project schedules from initiation phase through service delivery.
- Interfaced with project stakeholders from executive sponsors to end-users including third parties.
- Managed out-of-scope activities and tracked budgetary items.
- Led executive presentations and status meetings with clients’ senior management/executive teams.
Account Executive/Senior Relationship Manager
Proactively managed, developed, and maintained customer partnerships within an assigned base with responsibilities for client retention and increased product penetration.
- Exceeded annual retention and sales quota targets achieving President’s Club Recognition Award seven consecutive years.
- Utilize consultative skills and Miller Heiman Strategic Selling methodology to gain client confidence and build customer loyalty.
- Presented to senior level management and conducted negotiations obtaining long-term contract agreements, avoiding competitive proposals to ensure the retention of client accounts.
- Mentored other account executives within the Northeast Regional offices helping them to attain sales objectives.
- Provided client solutions as a result of expert knowledge of Ceridian mainframe programming.