Seeking a position where I can utilize my coding skills, experience in a hospital with patient records, and background in medical terminology to accurately abstract and validate ICD - 9-CM and CPT codes, maintain patient records, and assist a facility overall in their documentation and reimbursement process.SKILLS
- ICD-9-CM, CPT and HCPCS Level II coding
- 3M Encoder & Ingenix Encoder Software
- Medical Terminology and Prescriptions
- Independent and Excellent Teamwork
- Punctual and Well-organized
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Pathophysiology
- CMS 1500 and UB-04 Claim Forms
- DRG & APC Assignments
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Patient Confidentiality
- Patient Registration and Insurance Verification
- Scheduling, Medical Records, Filling
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Databases)
- Knowledge of Healthcare Reimbursement
- Managed Care Regulations / JCAHO Guidelines
- Medicare / Medicaid Reimbursements
- Hospital Information Systems: Chart Assembly, Access, Storage, and Status Tracking
- Clinical Data Analysis and Abstraction
Confidential (Myrtle Beach, SC)
Medical Coding and Billing Account Representative
- Responsible for defining diagnostic, treatment and procedures of patients by using numeric codes
- Enter patient demographics information into a database and update and update appropriate insurance carrier
- Perform responsibilities of conducting investigation in case of rejected claims and ensure that the medical facility is correctly billed by using different corresponding codes
- Post cash/check payments to patient accounts and create balance reports for deposits, refunds or collections
Confidential (Loris, SC)
Customer Service / Sales Representative
- Handled inbound calls and live chats to effectively respond to customer inquiries.
- Provided superior service to new and existing customers providing information and handling product sales.
Confidential (Wilmington, NC)
- Responsible for the accuracy and completion of patient accounts.
- Greeted patients coming into the emergency room and get them registered for the triage nurse.
- Analyzed insurance coverage and benefits for the service to ensure timely reimbursement.
- Registered patients by correcting as necessary all patient demographic and financial data.