Confidential Executive Assistant August 2010-July 2012
- Ensure optimal office operations and provide support to the outpatient hospital and provide ancillary support to the operations director.
- Responsibilities also consist of fielding telephone calls, greeting guests, composing, reviewing and proof reading correspondence for the operations director and composing communications for the doctor's and administrative staff to other offices and facilities.
- Responsible for composing correspondence for administrative and executive matters, letters of appreciation and staff memos.
- Duties also include, but not limited to managing budgets, maintaining websites, and making travel arrangements.
- Manage all the administrative details of running high-level conferences; and arrange the catering for lunch meetings and securing meeting times and space.
- Responsible for taking meeting minutes, as well as preparing meeting documents for review and distribution.
- Manage master calendar and provide overall management direction for the office.
- Initiated and currently maintain detailed filing system, which is highly organized and allows managers and directors to access needed information quickly, without fail.
Confidential Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant Operating Room July 2008-August 2010
- Performed administrative and office support activities for multiple supervisors as well as the director of the operating room.
- Duties included, fielding telephone calls, word processing, filing and faxing as well as PowerPoint presentations and Excel spreadsheets to track and monitor all aspects of the OR.
- Responsibilities include tracking implants and completing financial logs for monthly reports.
- Perform statistical data reports for the OR, ranging from patient reports to antibiotic logs for each patient.
- Accountable for ensuring that patients are billed properly for procedures in the OR as well as maintaining databases for the Operating Room, Same Day Surgery and Post Anesthesia Care Unit.
Confidential Office Manager Outpatient Rehab December 2007- July 2008
- Support and maintain office operations for the clinic.
- Manage 6 employees which worked at front desk as well as inside clinic.
- Ensure clinic ran smoothly and adhered to hospital mission statement as well as Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
- Increased clinic revenue, ensuring that payments and accounts were up to date and paid.
- Provide administrative support to the outpatient clinic physicians as well as provide ancillary support to the clinic director.
- Accountable for accurate intake, benefit verification, pre-registration and scheduling of patients referred to the network.
- Deal with HR issues within the clinic for subordinates. Write monthly and yearly performance reviews for staff and counsel staff.
- Send monthly reports of clinic operations to Administration, as well as report issues directly to Senior Administration.
- Responsibilities also included collection of co-payments, charge entry reconciliation, bank deposits and cash receipt logs.
- Conceptualized ideas to increase awareness of outpatient facility to potential patients as well as ensuring all patients received world class service from staff.
Confidential Administrative Assistant Medsurg Rehab/ Psych January 2007-December 2007
- Relieve management of administrative detail on all projects and coordinate work flow to keep projects on schedule.
- Update and track delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
- Take initiative in manager's absence.
- Maintain procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of routines.
- Track all nursing and tech license to ensure compliance.
- Compose correspondence/reports for manager's approval and signature as well as arrange essential mail in priority action order for manager.
- Check deadlines on incoming requests and put preliminary work in play.
- Process replies on own initiative or from managers dictation or notes.
- Research, draft or abstract reports.
- Maintain calendar; ascertain which events require manager's presence and secure commitments to maximize manager's time efficiency.
- Prepare agendas in advance and arrange meeting facilities.
- Act as recording secretary; prepare action minutes.
- Assure discreet handling of all business.
- Screen to control interruptions.
- Provide back-up data as needed.
- Routinely re-order department supplies.
- Update mail/phone directories.
- Seek greater role in projects within administrative and other areas of competence.
- Take part in any administrative meetings to assure secretarial follow-through.
- Take initiative on requests and inquiries of administrative nature.
Education: Business Administration
Certifications: Power Point, Word Perfect, Excel, Misys, Meditech, SMS
Awards and Honors: 2011 December Employee of the month awarded out of 1,900 employees Presenter of Service Excellence Standards Presentation each month for new and existing employees (This honor is bestowed on employees, which GW Hospital Administration believes are exemplary employees) Inducted into the National Society of Collegiate Scholars for Academic Achievement at Confidential.