ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Deep knowledge of card (merchant and commercial), ACH and digital payment system operations
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principles
- Project management knowledge and skills (CAPM)
- Experience developing business requirements, use cases, and process documentation
- Highly skilled in organizational and creative problem solving
Payments and Electronic Banking Officer
- Compiled, analyzed and interpreted financial data to ensure accurate accounting of funds, verify adequacy of internal controls, make financial projections and budgets and perform cost/benefit analysis. Responded to audits.
- Managed staff members in Electronic Banking and Payment Operations, and evaluated performance against KPIs based on volume data and staff capacity, with a focus on driving efficiency, while mitigating risk.
- Drove continuous improvement, including process improvement, updating of procedures, training and communication of changes to agencies and other stakeholders.
- Managed Merchant Services contract to collect over $100MM in accounts receivables annual revenues by credit/debit cards and eCheck through over 200 point - of-sale and e-commerce gateway accounts. Established new process to improve GL posting of fees for agencies. Achieved PCI Compliance throughout the District.
- Led team responsible for transaction research and resolution, including card chargebacks and returns, affidavits of forgery, ACH and check issues and other types of payment transaction issues. Ensured prompt customer feedback and resolutions.
- Implemented and managed one of the country’s most robust state prepaid card and gift card programs, to deliver tax refunds, unemployment benefits, Summer Youth and other payrolls, foster care payments.
- Implemented outsourced Gift Card provisioning and designed SharePoint-based automated ordering and tracking system.
- Led execution of the Chief Financial Officer’s Strategic Initiative #22 for Payment Optimization District-Wide, to include vendor, payroll and Medicaid conversion to ACH and commercial (virtual) and prepaid card payment options. Process mapped current and future states and developed strategic enhancement recommendations for vendor management. Developed functional and technical design documents, test cases, test results, quality documents, and project plans to implement new virtual card payment option.
- Completed four major RFP initiatives to select new payment services providers for Prepaid Cards, Merchant Processing Services, Gift Cards and EBT.
Independent Contractor/ Project Manager
Washington, Kansas City
- AMERICAN RED CROSS - Headquarters, Washington, DC - Project Manager for Process Standardization. Designed team SharePoint portal and established project methodology and templates to standardize Donor and Gift/Fundraising processes in support of the “One Red Cross” mission and roll out of Sales Force and Team Approach systems across the 600 American Red Cross chapters.
- Hobbs Madison Consulting - Led Treasury Management platform selection project team in Kansas City to identify requirements, identify gaps between current and future state and compare alternative vendors. Interviewed Subject Matter Experts at all levels, mapped current and future states and maintained project plans, issues and risk logs and maintained stakeholder register.
- First Home Care/Foundations for Home and Community - Business process redesign of a claims and billing process to identify root cause of denials resulting in a 25% decrease in health care claim denials and a corresponding increase in revenues. Managed multiple projects to complete proposals in response to DC and Maryland RFPs for youth mental health services.
- UNCF Special Programs Corporation - P roject Manager for Business Incubator Program development responsible for delivering a business case, project plan/WBS, stakeholder register and initial project/program budget. Also, worked with Business Development to identify and pursue program funding opportunities.
- TM sales and relationship management, including primary responsibility for Commonwealth of Pennsylvania TM relationship. Successfully implemented commercial and prepaid card, ACH, wire and check programs, to improve commercial and government customers' receivable and payables processing. Project manager in redesign of Pennsylvania Department of Revenue's system for realty and inheritance tax collections using payment gateway. Implemented a VISA $100 MM commercial card program for the State System of Higher Education, a network of 14 state universities. Member of the conversion team for MidAmerica BankCorp integration with National City Bank's Treasury Management platform. Converted 60 Pittsburgh lockbox clients to the Cleveland site, reviewing specifications and up-selling many to image and data capture services.
- TM relationship manager focused on goals to optimize cash management processes and minimize fraud. Managed RFP responses, won bids and implemented full array of Treasury Management services for Fairfax City, Alexandria, Washington, DC and Loudoun County.