- 4+ years of strong extensive experience in the circuit design and circuit modeling field focusing on power generation and conversions, electronics power management, and control systems in the Aerospace/Ground engineering components.
- Strong working experience in hardware simulation and analysis utilizing tools such as ORCAD/Pspice, Matlab, Simulink, LabView, and MathCad, which ensure the reliability and efficiency of the products.
- Great knowledge with understanding, tracing, and documenting requirements through the use of DOORS 7.1, which assures the company meets all of the customer requirements.
- Confident when working with high and low voltage power systems due to extensive High Voltage and Low Voltage Training, thus affording me the ability to keep a safe working environment.
- Good experience in creating test plans and test scripts to automate and expedite the testing process by using CsGTI; therefore saving the company time and money.
- In-depth knowledge designing and working with Power Electronics – Inverter, Rectifiers, and converters as well as knowledge in Control Systems – Feedback, Monitors, Signal and Conditioning, as a result able to work across many disciplines.
- Proficient with wide array of engineering design tools such as HDA, Mentor/Dx-Designer and Windchill, which are exactly or closely related to other engineering tools used today; therefore minimizing time need to re-learn new tools.
- Extensive experience preparing technical design reviews and hardware documentations through the use of MS Office (Word & PowerPoint), MS Visio, and MS Project; therefore providing clear and concise documentation for later reference.
- Good Root Cause Analysis skills supplies ability to coordinate resolution of technical and business issues during project life cycle.
- Familiar with the operation of lab equipment, such as Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzer, Function Generator, Multimeter, and Hi-Pot.
- Recognized for keen ability to work well in a team driven environment and decrease the need for re-engineering, in which management trust in ability to work independently and unsupervised.
- Fast learner, good analytical problem solving skills, self-motivation, and assertive behaviors, provides proven ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Multilingual in English and French presents the ability to work with foreign customers and assist in coordinating an effective solution that drives company growth.
Areas of Expertise:
- Creative Problem Solving
- Analog Circuit Design
- Power Converter DC-DC
- Root Cause Analysis
- Equipment Testing
- Power Supply Design
- Research & Development
- Multi-Project Coordination
- Efficiency Improvement
Highlights of Employment
BAE SYSTEMS, Platform Solution, Johnson City, NY, January 2008 to Present
BAE Systems is one of the leading defense contractors providing the military with equipment for both aerospace and ground support. Platform Solutions is a division that creates all the electronic devices from Full Authority Digital Electronic Computer (FADEC) to hybrid power systems for all types of military and commercial vehicles. Migrating to an Integrated Product Team (IPT) Structure, employees are able to take part of a project throughout the entire life cycle. Common Modular Power System (CMPS) is a system integrated onto military vehicle platforms improving the onboard power capability by double and providing the soldier with the ability to export AC power instead of towing a generator. CMPS consisted of a generator, rectifier, converter and inverter. Also batteries were introduced into the system to allow for hybrid drive capability.
Engineering Rotational Program (ERP) position allows experience in several different positions throughout the Commercial and Defense Aviation Division working in engineering areas such as circuit design, Systems Engineering, and Product Support.
- Performed circuit analysis and Pspice simulation for the Leading Edge Isolation Module (LEIM), which is the lightning protection module for the BOEING 747, and implemented an Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) in which it would be exposed to a 1.5kA power source.
- Evaluated system components to improve cost efficiency and reliability, while reducing obsolesces and meeting the standard company requirements.
- Supported other engineers units in completing tasks and action items to ensure production is on budget and on schedule.
- Performed low voltage lab testing on Join Light Tactical Vehicle’s (JLTV’s) Power Management Control Unit (PMCU) and developed a comprehensive understanding of rectifier, converter, and inverter related issues.
- Substantial understanding and knowledge of military, commercial, and industrial standards, specification, concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Lead group research for Waste to Energy project with five of the elite young future leaders of the company in hopes to enter the market of generating energy through waste.
- Lead EMI testing and certification efforts as the systems lead for the 1st Commercial Avionic GP7200 EMI DAT and the Electronic Engine Control (EEC) for the Airbus A380.
- Inputted numerous schematic captures in Mentor Dx-Designer and OrCAD Pspice expanding knowledge of circuit layout, circuit behavior, and tool use.
- Constructed and documented systems requirements for Common Modular Power Systems (CMPS).
- Improved the efficiency and reliability of existing power design on DC-DC Converter and Power Supply which benefited multiples project.
- Performed testing and integration of multiple components into a standard military aerospace product.
- Supported issues as subject matter expert in the sustaining engineering team by solving component related problems
- Managed and scheduled testing for all the units that required testing in the power lab, and mitigated all schedule conflicts resulting in no projects schedule slips.
- Design and Implemented the analog circuitry module for the F16 AGCAS (Automatic Ground Collision Avoidance Systems). Performed PSpice simulation and Tolerance analysis using MathCAD
- Planned and Executed integration of F110-129 Primary and Secondary EHSV ( Electrical Hydraulic Servo Valves) Inductance Assessment for the Moog EHSV on control operation/stability and performed PSpice simulation
- Planned and Executed integration of Sample and Hold amplifier (SMP11) onto F22, and performed tolerance analysis using MathCAD tool
March 2007 – Dec 2007
- Performed a study research in power conversion for Motor Drives
- Testing of electronics card for Motor Drives
- Lead the Root Causes Analysis for Engineering Development
- Maintaining inventory and responsible of the Build Of Material
- Responsible of the instrumentation of Power Lab
BAE SYSTEMS, Inc., Johnson City, NY, Summer 2006
- Assisted Senior Design Engineer with the implementation of Manned Grounded Vehicle (MGV) DC-DC Converter.
- Performed Pspice simulations and Lab testing with Lab-view simulation tool.
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATE
FUNDAMENTALS OF ENGINEERING (FE/EIT) NEW-YORK April 2010
M.S. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING in Power Electronics
Blacksburg, VA December 2007
B.S. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Blacksburg, VA December 2006
A.S. ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Annandale, VA May 2004
Member of the Morning Knight Toastmasters, Endicott, NY
- MS Office
- Mentor/Dx Designer
- MS VISIO
- MS Project