A full-time position in a results-oriented company that requires an ambitious and career conscious individual where acquired skills and education will be utilized toward continued growth and advancement.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Experience and practical knowledge of high-volume manufacturing operations with strong quality control abilities. Certified Six Sigma Blackbelt and knowledgeable in FEMA, Control Plans, PPAP, Error/Mistake Proofing, TQM, SPC, and QS 9000. Recognized as a hands on continuous improvement champion.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering May 1999
Computer Aided Drafting & Design
Black Belt Certification - DaimlerChrysler Corporation
DQIBBO100 (Black Belt Certification)
EEFLN200 (Foundations of leadership)
DQIAPS100 (Applied Statistics)
P&SSPL103 (Change notice training)
DQISIT200 (Situational Leadership)
DQIDMA100 (Design for manuf. & assy)
Activities: GM Explorers Post Engine Rebuild Training
8/08 - 9/09 Aerotek (Navistar) Fort Wayne, IN
Engineering Parts Manager
- Leading with the design engineers to acquire, confirm, and improve for new parts management.
My position was to manifest the parts required for the particular builds in the specified time parameters / cost parameters. This was to prototype parts out, order parts or to have the metal shop build the parts. Many times this would involve interaction with external companies.
5/08 - 6/08 Confidential, (ATI) Maumee,OH
Senior Project Engineer
- Leading Accubuilt with build processes and project management for launching the 2009 Retro
hearse and Limousine applications from design to production. I was the integral part for taking my automotive manufacturing lead experience to improve manufacturability of the hearse / limousine to Accubuilt. I improved the doors function and the feature lines of the limousine.
3/08- 4/08 Benchmark Engineering Toledo, OH
International Quality Engineering Consultant
- APQP documentation to relocate an assembly plant from Canada to Mexico, Including:
I took the lead for documenting assembly processes and build qualifications along with machine specifications to improve the transporting of the manufacturing from Ontario to Mexico.
12/07 - 3/08 Confidential
Industrial Engineer / Magna / Decoma / Mazda
- Plant floor optimization
I was an addition to the team for introducing a new Mazda line to the assembly floor. Plant floor layout was our desired optimization.
10/99 - 12/07 Confidential
- Engineering Blackbelt leader for the department.
- Saved the company over $500,000 with Blackbelt cost cutting improvements
- Launch Coordinator for 2006 and 2007 model year Liberty. Resolved all launch issues
- Managed 2004 Jeep Liberty production, achieved JD powers targets and a Best In Class nomination
- Facilitator between corporate engineering and plant manufacturing.
- Process optimization study for many design improvements in Chassis and Powertrain
- Lead NVH engineer driven to find results for resolution to improve quality
- Lead cross functional engineer for all disciplines second shift manufacturing from 2000 - 2004
- Engineering support for plant
- Assist plant OSHA reporting
- Pinch point analysis assist as well as ergo assist on model launch
- Managed many yard rework procedures
- Root cause analysis for Customer Service Audits
- Process evaluation review for model launches of the 1999-2008 Cherokee, Liberty and Wrangler
- Led successful resolution of all steering system issues
- Greenbelt lead for steering malfunction in plant
I developed many new processes and was the lead engineer for quality at the Jeep plant. Powertrain / Chassis quality was my main focus, however all functions and facets of the vehicle were trouble shooting areas for me. Driven to any challenge to find a resolution.
Product Engineer / Catia Operator / Lead Designer
- Led design efforts for various manufacturers including Dana, Toledo Transmission - Transmission extension (Aston Martin), Teledyne - Design engine for Patriot missiles, DaimlerChrysler (Analyzed parts for performance and feasibility), and others.
Product Engineer - Testing
- Led testing for all window products
- Led testing for all exterior door products
- Built Dade Co testing apparatus for entire product line
- Responsible for product safety, quality, and product change management
General Motors Corporation Tarrytown, NY
Automotive Assembly Operator
- Complete various assembly duties - Pontiac 6000 / Buick Century
References are available upon request:
Six S Quality, Six Sigma, Trouble Shoot, Manager, Leader, Supervise, Works well with others, dedicated, Motivated, Self starter, Entrepreneur, blackbelt, mechanically inclined, testing, launch, coordinator, travel, completion, driven, igma, Blackbelt, Management, Trouble Shooting, leader, Manager, Hard worker, motivated, self starter Quality, Six Sigma, Trouble Shoot, Manager, Leader, Supervise, Works well with others, dedicated, Motivated, Self starter, Entrepreneur, blackbelt, mechanically inclined, testing, launch, coordinator, travel, completion, driven,