Outstanding record of achievement focused on driving operational effectiveness and pro-active facility management. Extensive experience partnering with diverse work groups (hourly to senior level executive) to steer corporate objectives and attain bottom-line results. Talent to increase employee morale and overall staff knowledge and efficiency. Employs innovative ideas and concepts; thrives on fact paced environment. Hands on manager. Bilingual proficiency in English and Spanish.. Facilities expertise includes:
- Coaching/ Counseling Associates
- Numerous Professional Licenses
- Policies and Procedures Development
- Motivating/Managing Performance
- Build and maintain relationships with owner representatives, vendors and contractors.
Chief Engineer, 2003 - present
Oversee all aspect of Property Operations for 274 room property, managing a staff of 9 engineers. Manage strategic planning, logistics and operation to steer day to day function. Coordinate staff development and training, coaching and counseling. Selected accomplishments:
- Acting Cluster Lead for New Jersey based Hilton Hotel Chief Engineers.
- Increased Overall Satisfaction rating for Engineering Employees from 40% to 71%.
- Complete Meeting Room and Soft Goods renovation
- Implemented computerized preventative maintenance system for Guest Suites and Equipment.
Chief Engineer, 2002 - 2003
Confidential, Linden, NJ
Directed the coordination of pre-opening building construction of 150 room, non union hotel. Responsible for the testing and approval of all mechanical and electrical systems. Created and Implemented all Engineering checklists and preventative maintenance programs. Hired, developed and managed opening engineering team.
Director of Facility Management, 1999 - 2002
Oversee all aspect of Property Operations for 315 non union property in Mid-town Manhattan. Managed all departmental fiscal responsibilities to include preparation of annual Capital Budget preparation as well as the monthly operational repair and maintenance budget. Cross trained staff of 12 to enhance team efficiency. Selected accomplishments include:
- Coordinated and supervised guest room, meeting room and office space renovations.
- Developed, implemented and maintained cost saving energy conservation plan that resulted in savings of over 20,000 annually.
- Implemented use of the Expresso Engineering software to enhance the speed and service of the department which resulted in a 20% increase in guest satisfaction.
Marriott International, 1990 - 1999
Assistant Director of Engineering 1997 - 1999
Engineering Supervisor 1994 - 1997
Hourly Engineering Associate 1990 - 1994
Rapid career growth and progression was achieved during twelve year tenure with Marriott International. Selected to participate on a exclusive Task Force as Assistant Chief Engineer in 1998 to facilitate the property operations and construction as part of the pre-opening of the Brooklyn Marriott.
- AAS Degree Mechanical Engineering (HVAC Design)
New York (CUNY)
- BT Electrical Mechanical Engineering Technology
Accreditations and Licenses
- CEOE Designation, Certified Engineering Operations Executive, Educational Institute
- Fire Safety Director
- Refrigeration Machine Operator
- Low Pressure Boiler COF
- Universal Refrigeration Technician
- Food Sanitation Certified
- CPO, Certified Pool Operator
- Sprinkler and Standpipe COF
References Furnished Upon Request