IBM certified Advanced Technical Expert with 13+ years of experience in AIX Engineering, Administration - Planning, Installation, Configuration, Migration, and technical support of AIX, Linux, Solaris & Windows systems in SAN & NAS.
- 13+ years of extensive experience in Installing, Migrating, Configuring, Maintaining and troubleshooting of AIX.
- Providing technical support and System Administration of AIX and Linux.
- Experience with Linux Redhat ES on Intel, VMware and REDHAT Satellite Server
- Experience with HW/SW tech refresh of the environment and Site Consolidations.
- Experience using Advanced Virtualization Power features on Power 6 and Power 7 systems.
- Experience using HACMP for highly available solutions.
- Prep and Setting up new environments and providing 24X7 coverage participating in on-call rotation as well as routine BAU and customer maintenance window work.
- Experience of supporting a large environment of over 500 Servers and one of the largest archive in the country.
- SAN environment: Storage used NetApp Nseries , IBM ESS / DS8K, CISCO, McData
- Experience with Databases : Ondemand & DB2, Oracle, Sybase.
- Experience using TSM, Websphere, TSM, MQ Series, NDM
- Experience using distributed products DCE, DFS, NFS and GPFS.
- Strong Shell and Perl scripting to develop tools and in managing projects
- Successfully outsourced work of user id management and AIX level1 tasks to offshore providing required training and developing tools for offshore team.
- Experience with ITIL processes & procedures
- Experience using & hardening Server Security.
- Experience using VMware & NetApp storage
- Prior Experience with Solaris and HP Ux
- Prior experience with VERITAS cluster, net backup, EMC
Education: B.S. (ELECTRONICS)
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert pSeries HACMP for AIX
IBM Certified AIX 5L eserver pSeries System Administrator
IBM Certified Specialist AIX V4.3 System Support
IBM Certified Specialist AIX V4.3 System Administrator
NetApp Certified Data Management Administrator (NCDA)
NetApp Certified Implementation Engineer
Site Consolidation of 4 Sites into 2 using p7/AIX61 ( In addition to Day-to-Day support of the environment).
Storage Tech Refresh Project ( In addition to Day-to-Day support of the environment)
Confidential, USA Oct 1999 - Present
Supporting Viewpointe Account , Boulder, CO June 2003- Present
(Viewpointe.com is an electronic check imaging processing and largest docs archive company for major national banks in the country. The environment has 4 different production data centers with servers more than 500).
Responsibilities as AIX / Unix Administrator:
- Implementation of new environments.
- Building new environments using PowerVM features on power 7/AIX 6.1/7.1, Shared Lpars, NPIV, Virtual adapters- vscsi, vfcmap, virtual Ethernets, FCOE, Live Partition Mobility.
- Migration of AIX 5.3 to 6.1 on Power 7 under Tech refresh and Site Consolidation using NIM , SPOT, MKSYSB Resource, and NIMADM for Alt_Disk_Install.
- Involved heavily for converting 4 data centers into 2, bringing those servers by migrating to Power 7, into 2 existing data centers.
- Implemented Storage tech refresh project where we moved 1000’s of TB data over to N-Series storage using unix utilities, migratepv, mklvcopy, cpio and cisco dmm. Wrote script for the same.
- NIM Administration: Configuring NIM Server, clients and resources, SPOT/LPP Source.
- VIO Administration: Configuring dual VIO Setup, Carving Lpars/Micro Partitions, Shared processor pools.
- Virtual Adapters- VSCSI, Virtual FCS, Shared Ethernet. Fibre Channel Over Ethrnet.
- Defining and Mapping storage luns from VIOs over Lpars.
- Configuring NFS V3/V4 to export File systems; NFS Administration: Creating and exporting and mounting nfs file systems.
- Migrated MPIO SDD to SDDPCM. Installed Hostkit attach for Netapp Ontap.
- Used IBM Power Systems Power 7/ power 6 / power 5.
- Microcode/Firmware upgrades of systems/HMCs.
- Analyzing Security CIRAT Fixes from IBM Advisory and Developing plan to apply those Servers. Planning changes for the same and implementing those changes.
- Tech refresh of P5 to P6 then p6 to p7 currently.
- Experience using of Power HA for AIX and working experience of over 7 years on HACMP using different resources, Cascading, rotating, Fallback ETC.
- Creating and modifying filesystems. LVM Management.
- User Management. Wrote different tools to gather data for in compliance with security guidelines.
- Modifying/Maintain Sudo and SSH, Open SSL
- Weekly mksysbs and TSM for data storage and recovery..
- Scripting for Performance monitoring and tuning of vmo parameters on database servers.
- Experience using storage devices IBM ESS / DS8K, NetApp N Series, SAN cisco/ brocade from Server side.
- Develop tools, automations, procedures and project executions using shell scripting including successful outsourcing of user id management and level1 support to offshore.
- Installation and Support of Redhat Linux 4/5 on Intel/VMware/
- Yum update and Redhat Satellite Server for patching.
- Installing, configuring applications- Websphere, MQ, NDM/Connect:Direct, TSM
- Install and configure of databases DB2 and Oracle and applications Ondemand, NDM
- Working with different application teams in support of applications and customer requirements
- Tivoli Monitoring and ITM6. SMTP/NTP. BIND, DNS Administration.
- Experience using security tools Tripwire, SCM, Loglogic, AIX Auditing etc.
- Problem Incident and Change Management tracking tools- Maximo, Managenow
- Working on changes BAU and during weekly maintenance windows.
- Participating in On-call rotation to provide 24x7 support in break/fix situations.
- Strong writing and verbal and documentation skills.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and multitask.
- Handled outsourcing of user id management responsibility to a different in IBM. Provided required training and customized scripting for the group.
- Handled outsourcing of AIX level1 support to Offshore Argentina. Required training and procedures/scripting was provided.
- 24/7 Support.
Confidential, e-Business, Raleigh, NC Oct 1999 to June 2003
AIX/ Unix Administrator:
- Setting up and maintenance of RS/6000 SP2 complex, CWS, SP Switch.
- Design and implementation of HACMP environment
- Managing servers in Highly Available environment.
- Installation, Configuration, Administration of HACMP(and HACMP/ES) 4.4.x/4.3.x on AIX (Clusters Rotating, Cascading, CWOF, Concurrent Resources). Handled IBM internal customers DMIW, SIVIEW, IMD etc
- Setting up NFS / GPFS and Name servers and large data solutions.
- Implementing projects AIX upgrades, patches
- Setting up tools ESM, SSH, Sudo, Prune logs, Tivoli, NTP, DNS, SMTP Sendmail on AIX and Unix Servers
- Migrating, updating MLs, applying APARs/PTFs, making changes to the production systems with management approval under change management systems.
- Maintenance and Administration of SUN Enterprise 6500/3500/450/250 Servers, SUN Ultra-10/30/60.
- System Administration and trouble-shooting of SUN Solaris 2.7/2.8
- Installation of Database, softwares and applications.
- Installation and Configuration of IBM WebSphere and Web Servers on RS/6000 servers.
- On-call Off-shift and weekend coverage
Confidential, Mumbai, India. July 1996 - Oct 1999
Fiber Optic (FDDI) Network connected over 10KM area with 8 sites located in clustered environment on a dual ring. As a System administrator, responsibilities included:
- Install, configure and troubleshoot AIX 4.1/3.2 in HACMP environment.
- Support and Administration of SCO Unix
- Setting up and configuring NFS/NTP/SMTP/Routers/Gateways.
- Writing programs using C and Shell.
- Backup and Recovery using AIX utilities.
- 24/7 Worked in 3 shifts