To perform challenging work using my education, knowledge, and experience as an Industrial Plant Project Engineer, Facilities Maintenance Engineer or Maintenance Manager.
Summary of qualifications
Employed in the field of industrial plant Engineering, Maintenance Planning, Maintenance Supervision, Project Management, & Maintenance Management for over 24-years. Plant Project Engineer for 16 years at the largest single line particleboard facility in North America. Experience in the building products, corn milling, and food production industries.
Managed both union and non-union employees and sub-contractors in various industrial facilities. Managed capital projects, maintenance projects, and a maintenance contract. Experience in Human Relations, Safety, Environmental, Purchasing, budgeting and others.
Team player on numerous projects and objectives for the benefit of the employees, facility, corporation and customer. Very dedicated, loyal, reliable, and hard working employee.
Facilities Manager 2010 – Current Confidential
- Responsible for managing the maintenance and up-keep of all production buildings, office buildings, and grounds of a large industrial facility. Including fire systems, city water, city sewer, natural gas, and in-coming electric service. Responsible for all rolling stock equipment maintenance, HVAC equipment, and facility capital projects.
Maintenance Manager 2008 – 2010 Confidential Inc.
- Customer Business Manager responsible for the profitability and performance objectives of a 3-year maintenance contract. Managed maintenance craft and office staff as well as sub-contractors working on site. Liaison between customer and JCI concerning contractual obligations and customer satisfaction objectives. Responsible for contract renewal efforts and the promotion and expansion of the original contract scope. Identify and communicate to the customer potential cost reduction opportunities and additional facility management offerings. Responsible for interviewing and hiring new and replacement staff, creating budget figures, budget adherence, and safety training of on-site staff.
Project Manager / Reliability Engineer 2007 – 2008 Confidential Inc.
- Managed capital projects, maintenance reliability projects, and general maintenance projects for the facility. Capital projects included dryer rebuilds, and facility building improvements. Reliability engineering projects included replacing obsolete equipment, starting a facility lubrication program, working with sub-contractors on Thermography, vibration analysis, and others. Assisted the Maintenance Supervisor on major repair and rebuild projects.
Maintenance Supervisor 2006 – 2007 Confidential
- Scheduled and supervised all maintenance work for six poucher packaging lines, three round tube packaging lines and their feed and mixing systems department. Managed maintenance work for 32 union craft people. Supervised Machinists, Millwrights, Pipe Fitters, Tinners, and Electricians. Managed department capital, equipment rebuilding, and line up time projects. Responsible for department safety training.
Maintenance Supervisor/Planner 2002 – 2003 2004- 2006 Confidential.
- Supervised Millwrights and Mechanical sub-contractors. Ensured that all Maintenance work was properly planned, scheduled, and executed in the time frame allowed. Performed maintenance department safety training.
- Planned maintenance work by facilitating the receipt of work orders, estimating, purchasing, scheduling, and coordinating of maintenance work to be performed. Responsible for timely availability of parts, material, special tools and equipment and coordinating work with proper maintenance personnel. Organized workload for 16 Millwrights and helpers along with the planning and supervising of Mechanical Sub-contractors. Served as a Production and Finishing Department Maintenance Relief Supervisor with 24 Millwrights.
Plant Project Engineer 1986 – 2002 Confidential
- Responsible for the concept, design, detailed drawings, sizing of components and equipment, writing quotation proposals, job scopes for equipment, follow up with quoting vendors, purchasing components, scheduling fabrication, assembly and installation of equipment, equipment start-up, trouble shooting, and record keeping for various projects. Supervised sub-contractor facility repair, maintenance, and installation of new additions.
- Skilled at multi-tasking numerous projects varying from small site work asphalt paving to sizing, designing, and installation of dust pick up systems to the supervision of as many as 100 outside contractors on 20 different new equipment installation and equipment rebuilding projects in a shutdown week where projects often ran 24 hours a day until completed. Worked with projects ranging from a few thousand dollars to several million dollars while remaining within specific budget guidelines. Engineering projects involved material conveying, wood drying, screening, environmental, blending, forming, and fire suppression equipment, purchasing and installation, and/or the entire replacement or rebuilding of existing equipment. Designed modification and improvements to existing equipment and installation of modifications with little or no plant downtime and correct operation upon start up. Estimated and wrote Investment Proposals to corporate offices for approval of capital expenditures.
B.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology
A.S. Drafting, Design Technology
MP2, CHAMPS, & AS-400 CMMS, EPA Method 9 Visible Emissions, First-Aid and CPR.