Bachelors of Professional Studies in CIS
Confidential Jersey City, NY July 2011 to Oct 2011
Back Office REPO Production Support Contractor
- Provided first/second line application support including troubleshooting issues, leading technical investigations and supporting mission critical platforms.
- Troubleshoot REPO settlement trade incidents for ICI/IMPACT (REPO).
- Front Line communication with the development team.
- Liaised with internal development teams as well as vendors to report on incidents requiring software changes.
- Produced and maintained knowledge base and documentation for WIKI implementation.
- Formulated solutions to reduce issue impact on the business users.
- Forged relationships with internal and external clients to understand and address their needs.
- Liaised with the vendor Broadridge for irresolvable issues and system breaks.
- Troubleshoot and research possible product bugs or failures.
- First point of contact to resolve all problems via phone and email.
- Log and track all user related issues and work requests.
- Troubleshoot issues with internal reporting systems
- Interface with the APAC teams
Confidential New York, NY October 2010 to March 2011
Front Office REPO, Bonds, Rates, and the Credit Production Support Contractor
- Provided first/second line support for a CATS(CDS, IRD) and Martini (REPO) sales/trading desk’s technology
- Worked closely with Traders and Sales Personnel and Interface with APAC and London teams
- Troubleshoot Martini issues to ensure that trades booked were appearing in the Sales Revenue System.
- Evaluated trading positions, trades dates and counterparties to ensure data integrity in Martini was correct for the proper calculation of sales credits for the sales revenue system
- Liaised Middle Office development, help desk and business analyst teams.
- Troubleshoot desktop/display issues, installation/configuration, regression testing, checkouts, connectivity issues, trade break issues, sales revenue calculation, data flow issues, and how to questions
- Ran incident management calls when outages occurred.
- Liaised with Traders, Sales, and Sales Middle Office business teams for correctly booking trades and fixing trade breaks.
- Liaison with ECN vendors: Omgeo, TradeWeb and Bloomberg.
- Utilized Sybase, DB2 to constructed simple statements to create daily reports for the MO Sales Team.
- Held training sessions with salespeople and global heads.
- Accurately tracked and logged incidents using published procedures
- Organize weekly meetings for updates on project updates and assignments.
- Liaison between FO Trading and Sales, MO and BO business and technology teams to setup, rollout and troubleshoot sales management systems.
Confidential New York, NY April 2010 to October 2010
Front Office CDS, Bonds Trading, Pricing/Risk Support Contractor
- Provide first/second line support for TWS (Bond/CDS), a trading desk’s trade processing system, ION market data engine.
- Worked closely with Traders, Trading Assistant, Sales and Sales Assistant, and Desk Heads.
- Liaison with E (electronic) trading team to install various ECNs on the traders’ machines and support STP broker trader trade flow and to troubleshoot trade flow outages, or incidents.
- Rolled out various ECN applications such as (MarketAxess, Citi Velocity) and liaison with help desk to install Bloomberg
- Documented common issues and procedures for team’s perusal or reference on internal wiki pages
- Ran incident management calls when outages occurred.
- Worked with FO, MO and Back Office to support flow of different CDS and Bond trades(stepins, allocations, Full/Partial Unwinds or terminations), as well as position, missing books, firm accounts and P&L publishing, static data publishing trade flow.
- Utilize Jira and other incident management tools and ticketing systems to track incidents to resolution.
- Ran incident management calls when outages occurred
- Utilized SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase database for querying and generating of trade reports
- Utilized PERL and ITRS(Geneos) for monitoring UNIX Servers
- Liaison with technology teams for desktop/display issues, trade reference data issues, application connectivity issues, installation/configuration for rollouts to entire desks.
- Performed Quality Assurance of the systems with regression testing and Sunday checkouts after prod releases.
Confidential Stamford, CT May 2009 to April 2010
Front Office FX Spot, FX Forward, HFT Trading and FX Sales Support Contractor
- Supported a mission critical VB and C# Forex Trading, position keeping, deal capture, and P&L system production environment.
- Supported Ecommerce Applications(RFQ, Fixed Pricing and Streaming price systems) and a FX Pricing market data engine
- Supported an EBS API application that is used for connecting to the market for prices and booking trades
- Supported STPing trade, position publishing, static data publishing, FX rates processing application
- Utilized Jira and Remedy ticketing System
- Acted as liaison between various teams like Credit, Spot Desk, Forward Desk, HFT desk, Middle Office, Back Office, development, System Access Team, Infrastructure, DBA, UNIX and IT Service teams to resolve complex issue and outages
- Tracked incidents and provide updates for request to the various incidents types; like counterparty booking issue, trade executing issues, application logic issues, P&L calculation issues and booking errors, position breaks, trade distributions breaks
- Supported various tools and monitoring application for: Linux and Windows Server, Sales Trade Blotter, Client Connectivity and other applications
Confidential NY, New York Nov 2008 to April 2009
PortView Trading and Client Presentation Production Support Contractor
- Supported a mission critical C# Equity and Fixed Income Portfolio Management/Trading System and Portfolio Client Presentation reporting system in a UAT and Production environment.
- Assisted in Production release project from business approvals, quality assurance, system checks and testing of every important equity and fixed income trade function of the application e.g. Trader, Order Blotter, Trade modeling, Asset Allocation, menus and buttons etc.
- Provided level 3 support and work with business analyst, project managers, developers, business stakeholders, DBAs and analyst to provide excellent Service Level Agreement.
- Monitored and maintained a ticketing database system: categorized logged and researched issues, bugs and defects
Confidential NY, New York Dec 2007 to June 2008
Market Data Production Support/Contractor
- Headed multiple daily or weekly application UAT and Production release projects for a J2EE Market Data application, from business approvals to final system sanity checks.
- Provided technical competence and guidance on system architecture using installation instructions and roll out plans for enhancement changes, bug fixes, iteration releases.
- Supported a mission critical production environment by providing 24x7 diagnostics of issues reported via the operations, risk management groups, and accounting through monitoring a ticketing system and logged messages.
- Monitored and maintained a ticketing system: troubleshoot, logged/documented, researched issues and bugs and defects and ensure all were addressed and closed.
- Hands on knowledge of Project Management, managed multiple projects such as AutoSys, CVS, enduser support, application releases, regression testing and UAT and smaller projects such as documentation and system performance evaluation.
Confidential Stamford, Connecticut Sept 2006 to Sept 2007
- Managed clients’ data in BackOffice Operation’s Reference Data Management Team that services all business groups
- Interfaced with various offices Credit, Client Vetting, Legal & Compliance, Tax Operations, Client On boarding, Foreign Exchange and Treasury Products Operations, and other Operation’s trade personnel during trade account creation life cycle.
- Entered in and out payment methods, reference data, FedWire routing numbers, sort codes, CHIPS UID, custodian and account with bank swift, CLS, CP NETTING, CP NORMAL account types for the Standard Settlement Instructions provided by client for funding of clients.
- Setup electronic address, MISYS, FXALL, GTSS, FAX confirmations, product information. Adhere to SarbanesOxley Act rules and regulations by keeping audit trail of clients’ Standard Settlement Instructions.
Confidential New York July 2006 to Sept 2006
Managed client data (inventory files) during project life cycle using the ETL process.
- Worked with team members during data gathering.
- Created programs that formatted, manipulated and troubleshoot data issues and solved problems within data.
- Modified and Debugged the Axiom’s ETL proprietary software that transferred the data from source files such as MS Excel, Fix Length Files, DBFs and Delimited files to a database file
- Analyzed and extracted the data from the sources files by programmatically translating coded values, mapping the data, and deriving the values.
- Transposed the information in a SQL server 2005’s data warehouse and overriding old information with the newly formatted information stored in clients systems.
- Develop and maintained data mapping, designed data migration, data conversion, and data cleaning approaches.
- Created and customized client specific websites so that Axioms Software Ltd's EPS application could be implemented in the clients’ website.
- Utilized Interdev, Photoshop, Active Server Pages, HTML, and SQL Server 2005.
Confidential Connecticut Nov 2004 to July 2006
Mortgage Data Production Support Analyst/ProgrammerAnalyst
- Responsible for the managing, extracting, manipulation, loading, correcting and verifying of trade files (client’s residential mortgage data files) and Clayton Loan Analysis System (CLAS) during project life cycle.
- Worked with internal clients such as deal managers to make sure that the system and data requirements are understood and that there is no client’s issues.
- Investigated and troubleshoot data problems within the trade files and make sure that the system and data requirements are meet.
- Configured/Modified the design of CLAS’s standard infrastructure or user interface’s screens, menus, text, logic and fields etc for capturing client specific rule requirements for various reviews such as Scratch & Dent, Alta, Subprime, Prime, Broker Price Opinion, Credit underwriting reviews and Exception Tracking reviews.
- Configured CLAS’s system underwriting rules so that it is in compliance with the changes of state law.
- Researched problems during review phase. Explained the solutions to developers, technical users and nontechnical users in terms that they could understand.