Over 12 years of successful experience in the financial industry with recognized strengths in loan acquisition recommendations, collateral risk assessment, compliance auditing, and quality control.Conduct research prior to acquisition for the primary goal of reducing or eliminating compliance risk and to enable clients in making informed purchasing decisions.
- Solid experience in mortgage operations specializing in auditing and compliance reviews in retail, wholesale, correspondent and secondary marketing divisions
- 7 + years of risk analysis, underwriting, due diligence and fraud investigation
- Possess sound knowledge of Fannie Mae, Freddie MAC, FHA, and VA guidelines, DU/LP guidelines and risk assessment tools used to decision mortgage loans
- Strong analytical and evaluation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
OCC - Foreclosure Consultant
Confidential (Dallas, TX) 1/2012 – Present
- Conduct extensive reviews of state and federal compliance requirements and examine other policies and procedures designed to prevent and detect breaches of fiduciary duties, conflicts of interest, and violations of codes of conduct and federal securities laws.
- Perform claim review and harm evaluations according to Promontory/OCC guidelines
- Research files post foreclosure referral to determine whether or not any errors, misrepresentations or other deficiencies resulted in financial injury to the mortgagor.
- Review loan histories, imaged documents and information available from client’s database and external sources to collectively determine if it validated the information used to make the foreclosure decision
- Evaluate loans to determine if all required loss mitigation activities were handled and documented in accordance with the requirements of HAMP, proprietary modification or other program requirements prior to making the final foreclosure determination.
Foreclosure Review Analyst
Confidential (Addison, TX) 8/2011 – 1/2012
- Monitored pre-foreclosure loans and ensured that foreclosure actions on individual accounts were completed according to investor/insurer, state, and regulatory guidelines, minimizing financial losses to the company.
- Monitored time lines, resolved complex issues and updated client’s system.
- Ordered original documents as instructed by client and/or attorney which may have required research
Mortgage Fraud Investigator
Confidential (Irving, TX) 4/2011 – 7/2011
- Identified and investigated mortgage fraud/misrepresentation cases of in-process, closed and repurchase loans.
- Utilized external and internal databases to assist in determining if fraud was perpetrated.
- Utilized appropriate resources to formulate sound conclusions with supporting documentation.
- Prepared case findings per company procedure.
Sr. Due Diligence Analyst (Remote)
Confidential (Denver, CO) 8/2007- 4/2011
- Performed comprehensive risk analysis detailing performance ability of loans involving foreclosure, bankruptcy, short sales, Servicer and HAMP forbearance trial plans and servicer and HAMP modifications
- Performed comprehensive fraud review using LexisNexis, Interthinx (FraudGuard)
- Reviewed appraisals, BPOs and AVMs for collateral valuation
- Reviewed and interpreted servicer comments and cash flow entries
- Performed credit and pay history analysis
- Performed default status analysis
- Determined the compliance status by reviewing notes (Fixed, ARMS, Neg AMs, etc.), titles, HUD-1s, TILs
- Interpreted and applied complex client guidelines and state/federal compliance laws
- Provided detailed performance analysis commentary, summary of transactions, and acquisition recommendations
QA Specialist (PT) - Bookloss/Settlement
Confidential (Plano, TX) 10/2010 – 5/2011
- Audited FHA insurance claims prior to conveyance
- Determined whether the foreclosure action was in compliance with FHA guidelines
- Identified curtailments and utilized the information in order to claim the correct amount due Bank of America
- Performed FHA settlement reviews in order to determine department responsible for curtailment
Due Diligence Underwriter
Confidential (Bellevue, WA) 6/2004-1/2008
- Performed on-site client investigations of financial asset transactions for financial investors
- Identified portfolio risks resulting from the client's underlying business practices, underwriting, and fraud exposure.
- Advised firm’s clients on loan data by performing comprehensive risk analysis according to client and lender guidelines and identifying those that are out of compliance
- Performed fraud review according to client specifications
- Reviewed appraisals, BPOs and AVMs for collateral valuation Performed TIL reviews and quality control upon request
- As Acting Trailing Docs Manager -Prioritized work according to final report due dates and other project deadlines and assigned work to underwriters accordingly
- Pulled reports as loans were being underwritten in order to provide current updates to team.
Document Review Specialist
Confidential (Atlanta, GA) 2/2004-5/2004
- Reviewed loan documents to ensure the loans’ marketability on the secondary market
- Cleared stipulations prior to forwarding loan package to closing department
- Acted as liaison between title companies and underwriting, production, and closing branches
Due Diligence Underwriter
Confidential(Annapolis, MD) 1/2004-1/2004
- Performed a HMDA due diligence review on canceled and denied loans
Confidential (Downers Grove, IL) 1/2003-10/2003
- Reviewed entire loan file to ensure packages met Washington Mutual, investor, and guarantor criteria
- Approved settlement statements for accuracy prior to closing
- Cleared stipulations and ensured all conditions and regulatory requirements were met
- Prepared closing documents and wiring instructions. Shipped loans to closing attorney
Loan Processor Asst
Confidential (Tucker, GA) 8/2002-1/2003
- Assisted loan processing center
- Ordered and reviewed appraisals, titles, and flood certifications for refinances prior to assignment of loan to a loan specialist
- Assisted borrowers with concerns regarding their loan
Confidential (Decatur, GA) 9/2000-8/2002
- Processed mortgage loans and grants for housing rehabilitation according to FHA guidelines
- Performed credit analysis, employment/income verifications and title searches
- Prepared loan and grant settlement documents and performed grant and loan closings
Realty Specialist (HUD Contractor)
Confidential (Atlanta, GA) 10/1999-5/2000
- Determined property's method of sale to ensure maximum net return to HUD’s mortgage insurance fund
- Reviewed inspections and appraisals on FHA single family foreclosures to determine needed repairs
- Managed and monitored property’s ongoing performance through closing
Sales Specialist (HUD Contractor)
Confidential (Norcross, GA) 3/1999-9/1999
- Ensured that FHA foreclosures were efficiently processed and sold. Reviewed property bids, HUD sales contracts, appraisals and credit analysis for accuracy
OTHER SKILLED AREAS
- Thorough knowledge of all mortgage lending documents
- Accomplished, detail-oriented team player
- Excellent client interaction
- Proven ability to work independently of direct supervision.
- Excellent project monitoring skills
- Skilled in training others in specific position requirements
- Outstanding organization and time management skills
- Skilled in simultaneously handling and executing multiple tasks
- Possess solid computer skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Proven ability to work under constant deadlines.
Bachelor of Science – Marketing/Business Administration