Offering more than 25 years of successful experience in comprehensive management and logistics experience. Demonstrated ability to train, manage, and motivate team members to achieve organizational objectives. Reviewed and implemented new plant layouts to achieve lean manufacturing in the areas of production, materials, safety, housekeeping, and quality systems administration.
Supplier Cost Reduction
Double-Digit Cost Reductions
Kaizen Leader and Training
Capital Equipment Justification
Lean Manufacturing Practices
Customer and Client Relations
Farm Equipment Maintenance
Concrete and Structure Construction
Operations Leader, Confidential, Byron, IL. 10/06-10/08
Manager for the Off-Highway Division
- Responsible for Assembly, Fabrication and Welding.
- 28 union employees
- Improved daily delivery from 54% to 91%
- Set-up Kanban system with customer for 3 day delivery
- Set-up nest programs by weldments on turrets which increased our sheet
- utilization from 56% to 74%
- Set-up tooling program for 3 turrets to have designated tooling in each
- machine resulting in a 27% set-up savings.
- Responsible for setting up an area for proto-types.
- Direct daily contact with the customer on delivery, quality and schedule.
Operations Supervisor, Confidential, Elgin, IL. 1/84-10/06
Weld and Fabrication Supervisor for 36 employees and $1.5 mm budget
- Facilitator for 4 High Performance Teams
- Received a letter of Accommodation for from Vice President of Finance for Superior Budget Management
- Implemented Hydraulic Tank Weld Cell. Reduced operation from 6 to 2, reduced inventory by 74% and increased quality by 90%.
- Part of a team that researched, justified, and implemented the first laser beam cutting system. Which resulted in a 20% increase in capacity and 87% ROI?
- Justified and implemented new welding equipment resulting in an $86K annual labor savings.
Machine Shop Supervisor for 18 employees and $600k budget
- Implemented Kitamura Horizontal Machining Center. Resulted in 15% capacity Increase and 35% ROI.
- Implemented Parts Wash System. Resulted in ROI of 75%.
- Implemented Balancer. Resulted in annual savings of $25K and lead-time reduction of 50%.
- Implemented process improvements resulting in 75% reduction in scrap Assembly Supervisor responsible for 23 employees and $391k budget
- Lead a Kaizen Project which resulted in major reduction times in floor space (44%)
- 67% reduction in walk time for inspectors and 44% reduction for the receiving team
- Improved thru put time in the inspection area by 63%.
- Cut process time from receiving to material location on assembly lines by 98% Fabrication Supervisor for 9 employees and $300k budget
- Justified and implemented Shear Nesting Software, resulting in $34K annual Materials Savings.
- Developed and implemented Supplier Pull System for raw material resulting in 80% inventory reduction.
Foreman, Confidential, New England, N.D. 6/79-1/84
Concrete and Steel Building Erection
- Lead 7 person crew
- Set-up and poured concrete foundation from blueprint
- Finisher on concrete slabs
- Erected steel buildings
- Remodeled various constructions projects
- Worked with customers regarding any changes to the prints
Farm Labor, Confidential, New England, N.D. 5/76-6/79
Farm Machine Operation/ Livestock Management
- Performed daily chores on 3,000 farrow to finish confined hog operation, 150 cow/calf set-up, and
- Farmed 1600 acres of wheat and sunflowers
- Responsible for daily repair and maintenance of farm equipment
- Ran various farm machinery
Masters Supervisory Management – MIMA Management Association, Wheeling IL
Kaizen Team Leader and Trainer
5S Workshop – Association for Manufacturing Excellence, Rosemont IL
Lean Enterprise Systems Design – The University of Tennessee, Knoxville TN
Team Training/ Problem Solving/ Team Facilitation – Northern Illinois University, DeKalb IL
Production Control Certification – Waubonsee College, Aurora IL
Laser Fabrication Fundamentals – TRUMPF, Farmington CT
Hobart Welding School - Troy OH
High School Diploma