I am a programmer/business analyst with extensive experience in programming and financial software development who is seeking a challenging information technology position. Capable and comfortable functioning as a team member, project leader, or independently. Consistently recognized for generating results. Possesses strong background in high volume, real time network programming. Successful in daily product management, troubleshooting, and problem resolution. I am passionate about the Information Technology field because I find it very similar to the model train and plane building I did as a youth: Many people work as a team to fit unique parts together in the quest for a finished product.
Skills & Technologies:
UNIX: TCP/IP, FTP, Solaris, SunOS
QA Development-Programmer (Two years)
Tested Trade-Desk (GUI) and RTS (back office system). ACUCOBOL programming of Portfolio, Bond Trading, Money Markets, Safekeeping, and other RTS sub systems.
- Designed and coded new features, enhancements, and fixes.
- Generated auditor reports and documentation for new software releases and patches.
- Reviewed code and QA tested software for financial and trading projects.
Senior Programmer Analyst (Thirteen years)
Maintained operation of subsystems for the “The Market Machine” (TMM), an equity trading product offering real time order and trade processing. Worked closely with clients and stock exchanges. Utilized Sun Microsystems’ UNIX SunOS & Solaris machines. Coded in C and c-shell.
- Designed, coded, and tested new and revised subsystems.
- Managed Raima database in both production and development.
- Designed internal network message formats and coordinated implementation of coding and testing.
- Tabulated trade clearing and generated reports to NSCC and other back office entities.
- Calculated trade commissions and SEC fees.
- Designed and maintained multiple protocols, outbound message formats, and data accumulation processes for feeds to clients.
- Wrote documentation, user guides, and specifications.
- Resolved non-DB production problems.
- Trained colleagues on use of revisions and new aspects of TMM.
- Assisted customer service operations in resolving clients’ trading issues and technical problems.
- Supported customer use of product through communication and coordination with SIAC, NYSE, AMEX, NASDAQ.
- Directed decimalization of stock market and Y2K projects.
Programmer Analyst (Eight years)
U.S. Navy Veteran.