Human Resources Generalist
- Passion for helping others achieve their business objectives by providing comprehensive support in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Exceptional adaptability in diverse corporations.
- Proven ability to multi-task and highly organized.
- Consistently meet deadlines and appropriately deal with confidential information and materials.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills when interacting with all levels of management.
HRMSweb/Ad hoc Reporting
Customer Service Liaison
Confidential, Dallas, TX January 2001 – October 2009
Human Resources Administrator (May 2004 – October 2009):
- Responsible for all payroll related data for Corporate and Conifer employees that covers over 52 hospitals and 3,000 employees. Ensure that all changes have been correctly entered into the payroll system. Serve as corporate liaison between all regional human resources directors, corporate human resources and the payroll department.
- LOA/FMLA Administrator: Administer, track, and process all FMLA and LOA requests for all corporate employees. Designed LOA process including compliance, billing and ensuring proper documentation for leaves of absence.
- Assisted in the design and implementation of the Virtual Imaging Scanning (VIweb) Corporate File process for all corporate employees. This pilot program ensured Tenet to go paperless for all employee records.
- Responsible for providing all related SOX materials to ensure compliance for the corporate Human Resources department.
- Ensure compliance for all I-9 related materials; process all worker compensation claims; administer unemployment claims with outsourced vendor; and process and track all Tuition Reimbursement requests.
- Process monthly incentive bonuses for 2,000+ Conifer employees which incorporate 15+ different bonus plans.
- Conduct weekly new hire orientation, including processing all necessary paperwork.
Benefits Administrator (January 2001- May 2004):
- Developed productive relationships with the HR Representatives from all of Tenet’s hospitals nationwide, providing benefits support in the information flow of 40+ medical plans comprising of HMO, PPO, EPO, and POS plans for approximately 80k+ benefits eligible employees.
- Supported the Tenet hospital facilities on policies and procedures pertaining to FMLA, LOA, HIPAA, PHI, and ERISA compliance issues.
- Assisted in the implementation and training of a newly established call center (My Benefits Support Customer Service) which provided employees with self-service benefit functions utilizing either the IVR system or internet web enrollment tools.
- Processed monthly premium payments of over $20 million dollars for all ASO and fully insured vendors.
- Acted as a liaison between all benefit plan vendors and the My Benefits Support Customer Service Center ensuring accurate eligibility and reporting.
- Coordinated executive supplemental benefit plan with the claims administrator insuring proper communication.
- Prepared and reviewed medical plan side-by-side comparisons during plan year renewal, which provided the Tenet facilities with an excellent tool for communicating the employee medical plan options.
Confidential, September 1999 to December 2000
National Benefits Manager
- Responsible for administering health and welfare plans including nationwide self-insured plans using 10 different physician networks for 1500+ employees.
- Coordinated communication methods with TPA and vendors to keep the plan current and cost effective.
- Coordinated open enrollment and acted as intermediary between employees and TPA.
Confidential, September 1998 to September 1999
- Plan development and administration of the numerous health and welfare plans for approximately 5,000+ employees nationwide.
- Analyzed claims data to provide cost containment possibilities.
- Audited the monthly bills for accuracy.
- Organized open enrollment for all eligible employees and monitored the union pension funds and 401(k) plans.
Confidential, April 1997 to September 1998
- Monitored and administered all aspects of the employee benefit plans.
- Conducted salary surveys to keep the hospital competitive in regard to salaries for personnel.
- Coordinated new employee orientation and yearly open enrollment.
- Monitored the 125 spending accounts and 403(b) plan.
Bachelor of Science Degree
Associates of Arts Degree
CEBS Certification (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) received in 2001