SENIOR PEOPLESOFT CONSULTANT/PROJECT TEAM LEAD
with over fifteen years of accounting, financial analysis and systems with global implementation experience for corporate, government, public sector and consulting environments in Northern America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Expertise in project management, consulting, configuration, report writing, business process re-engineering, team lead, fit-gap analysis, integration and conversion development, systems analysis and design, training, and testing. Handles large rollouts of PeopleSoft implementation (local and global), efficient, and organized. Able to build, mentor, and develop strong functional and technical staff. Skilled in writing complex reports, test plans, and test cases. Experience in supporting a variety of businesses including entertainment and gaming, internet service provider, retail/wholesale distribution, e-commerce, financial services, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, utility/energy, government, universities, banking, IT software, travel services, and fiber-optics/LCD companies.EXPERIENCE
Confidential. San Francisco, California July 2008 - October 2009
- Senior Functional SCM/Finance Consultant with expertise in business and systems processes in PeopleSoft v9(General Ledger/Payables/eProcurement/Purchasing) for the company's NCSA (North, Central and South America) operations
- Provided global template in preparation for the roll-out to EMEA - Europe, Middle East and Asian Regions
- Research and promote standard best practices in conjunction with other PeopleSoft modules (eProcurement/Purchasing, Billing, Receivables, Order Management, Inventory, Manufacturing and Supply Planning)
- Worked on the global template for in preparation for roll-out in the EMEA region (Europe, Middle East and Asia)
- End-to-end re-implementation of PeopleSoft v8.0 to 9.0 in USA and migration from MAS200 to PSv9 in Canada
- Review and understand established Should-Be state for General Ledger, Purchasing, Accounts Payable business processes for strategic improvement including inbound/outbound interfaces to third party system and sub-modules.
- Identify and document functional requirements, develop functional design and product configuration
- Work with technical team on technical documentation and develop conversion strategy
- Develop security matrix for global performance metrics
- Participate in scope change requests and sign off
- Perform PeopleSoft setup and configuration and assist with functional aspects of code development
- Develop End-User Training Manuals for PeopleSoft using UPK (User Productivity Kit)
- Develop Test Cases to Purchasing and eProcurement modules' functionality and configuration
- Perform and participate in testing execution, data migration, integration, change requests and sign-off
- Manager User Acceptance Testing, deliver training to end users and assist training to the HelpDesk
- Mentor users in system use, monitor move to production and tandem operations
- Work with end users on new business processes stemming from best practice
- Participate in system user acceptance and sign off
- Sustain production support by documenting bugs and assist with bug resolution
- Document initial performance metrics and on-going monitoring process and participate in project closure
- Provide post-production support across all deployed modules.
Confidential, Ottawa, Canada February 2008 - June 2008
- Work as the Financials Lead in coordinating the PeopleSoft Financials Upgrade Team from 8.4 to 9.0
- Work with the functional leads in ensuring that the project plan and deliverables meet the deadline and due dates.
- Work as the Senior Business Analyst for the upgrade of PeopleSoft Financials 8.4 to 9.0 for the House of Commons in Canada. Modules includeGeneral Ledger, Accounts Payable, eProcurement, Purchasing, , Asset Management, Inventory, Cost Accounting, , Commitment Control, Security, VAT Setup and Workflow.
- Provide fit/gap analysis and documentation between the changes between 8.4 and 9.0, ensuring the new version's functionalities meet the clients' current business processes and requirements.
- Present to the client the new functionalities in PeopleSoft Financials 9.0.
- Analyze current customizations and present alternatives in the new version to minimize or remove these customizations.
- Work as the Subject Matter Expert for implementing PS Strategic Sourcing 9.0.
Confidential, State of California January 2007 - January 2008
- Worked as the Subject Matter Expert for the implementation of PeopleSoft Financials 8.9 for the City of Sacramento. Modules include General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Travel and Expenses, Workflow, Security, and Bank Reconciliation/Cash Management.
- Worked closely with the Commitment Control, eProcurement, Purchasing, Project Costing, Billing, and Accounts Receivables subject matter experts and technical team in ensuring the suites flow and fit together with the client's requirements.
- Gathered information on the client's business process and requirements and map to PeopleSoft's delivered functionality. Provide alternatives and recommended best practice solutions to the client.
- Provided functional analysis in the setup and configuration of PeopleSoft to ensure that they meet the clients' requirements.
- Provided documentation on configuration, test scripts, training materials using User Productivity Kit, conversion and interface validation strategies, business process flow, report specifications, customizations and security.
- Ensured deliverables meet due dates and impart knowledge transfer.
- Provided User Testing and Integration Testing as well as conduct training.
Confidential, Lithuania July 2006 - December 2006
- Worked as the Project Team Lead for theimplementation of PeopleSoft Financials for the university system of Lithuania. (General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Billing, Accounts Receivables, Commitment Control, Asset Management, Purchasing, Travel and Expense, Strategic Sourcing version 8.9)
- Supervised a staff of eight PeopleSoft Financial Consultants. Provided support and recommendations on Billing, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Commitment Control
- Provided guidance to junior consultants in the setup and configuration of the application.
- Worked closely with the project manager in managing tasks, resource planning and meeting deliverables.
- Effectively managed scope and expectations by meeting deliverables
- Followed through on all tasks and issues and tracks them to complete resolution
- Status reporting to management
- Served as the subject matter expert for General Ledger,Accounts Payable, Purchasing and Strategic Sourcing (including VAT)
- Served as the functional consultant on Security.
- Led the re-implementation and reconfiguration of the current setup of the financials modules.
- Analyzed, gathered and documented requirements, conducted a fit/gap analysis of the business requirements against delivered functionality, developed functional design, completed application configuration, and developed training material and job aids
- Wrote functional specifications on additional reports as required by the business
- Worked with the technical team members to developed interface and conversion specification, system testing and deployment.
Confidential,Taiwan/ChinaNovember 2005 - May 2006
- Served as the Lead Senior PeopleSoft Consultant for PeopleSoft Accounts Payable Upgrade from 7.5 to 8.8 for the company's largest revenue generating division (40%)
- Worked closely on Billing, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger Upgrade from 7.5 to 8.8, Project Costing, and Asset Management Implementation in 8.8
- Gathered current business process and requirements and evaluates them to fit the global instance and configuration.
- Reviewed the global, regional configuration and setup the local configuration, design and system functionality to meet client's business needs.
- Worked on multi-currency, multi-language and VAT setup process definition for Taiwan.
- Facilitated all aspects of fit/gap analysis sessions, training, and testing (user acceptance and interface).
- Provided post Go-Live production support and knowledge transfer to the client's support team.
- Prepared SOPs and documentation on configuration, training, testing (test scripts/scenarios).
- Recommended ways in improving business process by utilizing system functionalities.
- Worked independently with the client and consultants across different sites around the globe.
Confidential,Dearborn, MichiganOctober 2005
- Worked as a Senior PeopleSoft Consultant for PeopleSoft eProcurement/Purchasing 8.4 implementation
- Served as the subject matter expert in providing fit/gap analysis and hands-on training to end-users
- Developed Security design for eProcurement/Purchasing roles and permissions lists and Workflow.
- Assisted end-users in developing and executing test cases and test scripts
Confidential,Des Moines, IowaDecember 2004 - Sept 2005
- Served as a Senior PeopleSoft Consultant for a PeopleSoft 8.8 Procure-to-Pay Upgrade from 8.0 to 8.8 by incorporating best practices.
- Served as the subject matter expert for the eProcurement, Purchasing, General Ledger, and Accounts Payable application.
- Provided the functional business processes essential to the design and development of PeopleSoft Upgrade
- Analyzed the existing PeopleSoft 8.0 configurations, and in consultation with the PeopleSoft Systems area, recommend and implement the best practices approach
- Worked with project management teams and business users to define business requirements.
- Identified gaps between business requirements and the PeopleSoft application.
- Assisted in developing the project, minimizing risk and maximizing attainment of the company's business goals.
- Recommended ways in which the organization can improve efficiency and profitability by demonstrating current functionality in 8.0 that are not utilized and compared the functionality in 8.8.
- Identified problems and/or potential issues and formulate systematic solutions of proposed processes to meet business requirements.
- Actively participated in specific projects related to the PeopleSoft Upgrade: Fit/Gap, Testing, Training and Security.
- Ensured the project integration by communicating activities, findings and issues to the project manager.
- Provided PeopleSoft Purchasing/eProcurement, Accounts Payable and Workflow 8.8 subject matter expertise in preparation for global rollout (Europe, Northern America and Asia)
- Gathered additional requirements on Procurement modules, Workflow, VAT, Sales/Use Tax and write detail design documents.
- Recommended best solutions to the Design and Configuration Documents created by other consultants by demonstrating the delivered functionality and recommended best practices of PeopleSoft.
- Reassessed and confirm with the client the design decisions and configuration options through discussions and forums.
- Identified any customization that is required to meet business requirements by analyzing delivered alternatives.
- Validated the integrity of the setup in Purchase-to-Pay and Workflow. Setup the Sales/Use Tax, VAT and GST.
- Performed functional testing on PeopleSoft Purchasing /eProcurement, Accounts Payable as well as integration testing on PeopleSoft Expenses, General Ledger, Commitment Control, Billing and Accounts Receivables.
- Created test scripts, training materials and desktop user guides.
- Provided assistance on Cash Management functional requirements, setup and design.
- Provided PeopleSoft Purchasing/eProcurement and Workflow subject matter expertise on PeopleSoft 8.8.
- Provided support and feedback to the management and technical team on standard PeopleSoft functionality
- Led the discussions on design decision and configuration options.
- Identified the customizations required by building functional specifications.
- Created design and configuration documentation on eProcurement Forms and Workflow.
- Perform functional testing of PeopleSoft Purchasing and eProcurement and integration between Projects, Asset Management and Accounts Payable.
- Review business requirements and translate into configuration that will appropriately integrate with PeopleSoft Project Costing, eProcurement, Account Payable, Asset Management and General Ledger
- Functional Consultant on PeopleSoft 8.8 upgrade on e-Procurement and implementation of Purchasing.
- Provided production support on PeopleSoft Financials/Supply Chain Modules. Provided high-level and detailed resolutions to inquiries regarding delivered system functionalities and features.
- Led the Roll-out of Purchasing/eProcurement to other sites.
- Analyzed business processes and build Fit/Gap Analysis and Assessment between 8.0 to 8.8
- Setup and configured Workflow, Security, Users, and Business Units requirements. Troubleshoot problems with existing Workflow Rules and recommends best approach and practices.
- Documented and recommended solutions to their current business processes and how it impacts the 8.8 Upgrade.
- Provided recommendations on PeopleSoft functionalities that are not utilized and demonstrated how it will improve their business process.
- Developed and updated Training Guides. Assisted and provided training and in troubleshooting system setup errors.
- Evaluated customizations and enhancements made on 8.0.
- Developed conditions and system requirements readiness for 8.8 Upgrade.
- Led, developed, and executed test scripts and test scenarios for both system test and user testing for 8.8.
Confidential, State of NEW JERSEYMay 2003 - Feb 2004
- Led the implementation of PeopleSoft Financials Module (Accounts Payable/Purchasing/General Ledger/Commitment Control/Workflowin 8.4). Served as the liaison between the user community and the IT technical team by ensuring that the business processes and requirements are understood and articulated for the technical team to construct appropriate solutions.
- Experience on financial deployments including PeopleSoft Accounts Payable, Receivables, General Ledger, Asset Management, Grants, Budgets, Contracts, Cash Management, and eProcurement.
- Created cross-functional diagrams of how the suites work together, ensuring the comprehensive architectural integrity of solutions, complete business model documentation, definition of business requirements, fit/gap analysis, evaluated alternatives and solution selection.
- Evaluated customization and enhancement requests considered by superusers. Ensures that IT deliverables meet the scope and quality expectations of the user community. Assist application team in prioritizing customization and enhancement requests.
- Analyzed business requirements and develop solutions that are achievable, acceptable, and consistent with the projects design concepts .Assist the business community to accurately capture business requirements.
- Enhanced and developed the object and workflow models to meet the business requirements.
- Documented solutions to the user community and clearly communicate these solutions to the development team, test teams, business specialists and user community.
- Familiarity in building cross-functional workflows, defining business rules, data migration and conversion steps.
- Ability to build Fit/Gap Analysis providing project implementation structure and requirement identification from an 'as-is' basis business model to a future Project environment.
- Managed the expectations with the customers by balancing their needs with wants and educate as appropriate.
- Wrote and managed updates to training guides based on business process and workflows identified.
- Assisted in the coordination and leadership of all training sessions.
- Possessed strong end-user interaction, leadership, written/oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Developed test schedule and scenarios for both system testing and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Built test data for system test and assist users with building test data for UAT.
- Led and executed testing for responsible modules and rapidly provide solutions to any defects that are detected.
- Built personalize test scenarios and scripts for all customizations.
- Functional lead on the implementation of PeopleSoft Distribution and Supply Chain Module for the largest retail and wholesale distribution company in Australia.
- Led a group of IT and business resources in planning tasks and activities in converting the company's current Mainframe System to PeopleSoft. Assisted in the integration of the PS Financials Modules.
- Managed the efforts in maximizing the functionality of Order Management, Billing, Purchasing and Inventory Modules 8.0.
- Attended program meetings and communicated program direction and goals ensuring delivery on schedule, within budget and specifications.
- Full configuration of PeopleSoft Modules. Prepared user-testing and training materials.
- Coordinated with business and technical resources in identifying fit gaps, interfaces and integration of other systems to PeopleSoft.
Confidential, San Jose, California2001- Sept 2002
- Managed and configured various full life cycle implementations of PeopleSoft Financials and Distribution Applications (Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Purchasing, General Ledger, Billing, Order Management, Asset Management and Receivables 7.5) for both international and US acquisitions. Acted as liaison between the IT and User community by analysing and coordinating business requirements and recommending solutions.
- Evaluated business requirements for systems development and enhancements; and estimated the scope, effort and feasibility of solutions.
- Directed projects through systems analysis, development, process documentation, project planning and reporting, testing, and support using approved tools and methodologies. Facilitated and led weekly meetings and prepared status reports of ongoing PeopleSoft implementations.
- Developed a comprehensive knowledge of the business process to estimate the scope, effort and feasibility of solutions. Led both the functional and technical team in identifying, applying and testing patches and fixes on product updates for PeopleSoft.
- Re-engineered business processes and systems set-up by preparing design documents and training materials.
- Trained, supervised, and mentored technical and functional staff. Provided end-user production support and training via classroom type discussions, conference calls and net-meetings.
Confidential, San Francisco/Mountain View, California1999 - 2001
- Administered, configured and oversaw the large scale rollouts of the financial systems of the parent company and its subsidiaries to PeopleSoft Financials and Distribution 7.5.
- Managed and provided guidance to a team of Software Developers and Functional Analysts in providing support for Peoplesoft systems.
- Led the Y2K project by coordinating the Compliance efforts and the Readiness process resulting in the successful turn of the century transition.
- Provided future project recommendations and worked closely with business owners and various management levels including end-user training and production support.
- Researched and analyzed production problems by troubleshooting data integrity errors, installation setups, software bugs, customizations and recommended optimal solutions.
- Designed and developed financial reports using nVision, Query, and Crystal.
- Provided end-user and production support for General Ledger, Payables, Billing, Order Management, Inventory, Asset Management, Expense, Receivables/Cash Management and Purchasing.
- Provided application consulting throughout the full life cycle of PeopleSoft (General Ledger/Payables) implementations at various offsite clients. Created a general implementation plan for system setup, customization, configuration, enhancements and system integration of clients' software.
- Conducted interviews and performed fit gap analysis with the client to gain understanding of the current business process and recommended applicable PeopleSoft solutions based on decisions and discussions with upper management.
- Led prototyping sessions in area of expertise for determination of system design and functionality. Wrote and verified the validity of Financial Module Test Scripts in two-tier and three-tier architectures.
- For a major e-commerce company, provided technical and functional production support to PeopleSoft customers after the "Go-Live" date. Designed and modified nVision and Crystal Reports as requested by the client.
- Coordinated training for functional experts and end-users.
Confidential , Mountain View/Vacaville, California1997 - 1998
- Led the transition in moving the Cost Accounting Department from the Mountain View site to the Manufacturing Division in Vacaville.
- Provided application and configuration assistance in PeopleSoft Financials (General Ledger, Payables and Distribution Modules (5.0 and 7.5).
- Assisted in the conversion of the manufacturing legacy system which enabled switching from the VAX System to MFG/Pro.
- Reviewed cost accounting data, financial information, and cost indicators with upper management. Analyzed scrap, obsolescence, reserves, purchase price, and manufacturing variances.
- Developed and enhanced the cycle counts audit procedures and audit findings. Directed the cycle count audit and all aspects of the physical inventory. Maintained and developed financial and manufacturing reports for senior management. Set semi-annual review of standard cost for all product lines.
Confidential, San Carlos, California1995 - 1997
- Supported the Information Systems Groups and clients on accounting application and database inquiries. Participated in the design, conversion, and upgrade of the manufacturing application system.
- Managed the accounting and manufacturing systems application in Dun and Bradstreet and PeopleSoft. Generated and supported custom corporate billings and accounting systems.
- Supported the purchasing processes and assisted in the product pricing estimates and set standards for the manufacturing product lines.
- Led the cycle count and audit procedures with external auditors.
- Analyzed charges on cost catalog, bill of materials, product design and manufacturing methods.
Confidential , San Francisco/New York1991 - 1995
- Maintained the Travcom (Sabre) System Software and the Electronic Data Interchange transfer of financial information from branch offices to a data center.
- Assisted in staff training and knowledge transfer among junior team members.
- Audited reports and planned documents to ensure compliance with the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Accomplished all accounting activities for multi-million dollar accounts.
- Coordinated and enforced compliance of accounting policies and procedures. Wrote process and control documentations for management reporting.
PeopleSoft: General Ledger, Payables, Purchasing, eProcurement, Security, Cash Management
Applications: Projects, Travel and Expense, Receivables, Billing, Order Management, Inventory, Commitment Control (Budgets), Cost Accounting, Workflow, Strategic Sourcing, Security, Bank Reconciliation and Asset Management (versions 5, 7, 7.5, 8.0, 8.14, 8.4, 8.8, 8.9, 9.0)
Other Applications: TravCom (Sabre), Millenium, MRP, AS400, Platinum, MFG/Pro, Dun and Bradstreet, Clarify, CSRC, Paybase, Maximo, Vertex, Sabrix, Visio, AMS System and Microsoft Projects
RDBMS: ORACLE, INFORMIX, Microsoft SQL Server,DB2 and Sybase
Languages: PeopleCode, PL*SQL, SQL*PLUS
Tools: DBArtisan, PeopleTools, Crystal, nVision, SQL Query, Application Designer, WinSQL, Powerplay, SQL Navigator
O/S & Environments: PC-DOS, Windows/NT/Unix, and OS/400
Hardware: IBM, AS/400, IBM PC-Compatible, and HP
MBA - Finance August 1994
1994 Alumni Association - Student of the Year Award
Bachelor of Arts - Bachelor of Science August 1991