PeopleSoft Administration | Architecture| Team Leadership
Instinctive and meticulous IT Professional with over 10 years of experience in database administration. Outstanding leader distinguished for building and managing work teams and delivering projects on time. Exceptional communicator with strong interpersonal skills and client-needs assessment aptitude.Skills Details
- Operating Systems Aix v4.2/4.3,5.1,5.2,5.3 Solaris 2.x, Linux, Windows NT 4.0/2000
- Databases Db2 UDB 7x/8x/9x
- ERP PeopleSoft financials 8.1/9.1/Siebel
- Hardware AIX p series and Linux
- Achieving Optim
- Security Guardium
- Business Intelligence MicroStrategy
- Encryption Encryption Expert, Vormatric
- Job Schedulers Autosys
- Backup solutions Veritas Net backups,TSM
- Utilities & Tools Humming Bird, Quest Central, BMC, Smart Dba, Talend
Crystal Reports, Erwin and ER studioCore Competencies Managing database administration team functionality based on business requirements. Configuring, documenting and planning high availability/disaster recovery strategies using HADR, HACMP, SRDF and SQL Replication. Implementing recovery procedures such as backups and restores. Handling performance tuning and conducting regular health checks on the database. Defining and implementing database change management protocol to align with development and operations teams.
- Participating in day to day troubleshooting of complex and critical systems; perform bottleneck analysis to provide long term and permanent fixes.
- Leading the DBA team on Cross platform Migrations (Oracle to DB2).
- Managing People soft financials
- Managing db2 License for the organization.
- Training new resources
- Performed installations, migrations and version upgrades
- Participating in capacity planning, generating storage utilization reports, performance counter collection, and forecasting.
- Experience in creating Database baseline requirements for Sarbanes–Oxley compliance (SOX).
- Leading the Team on testing, documenting, and implementing PCI compliancy policy for databases using Vormetric and Encryption Expert.
- Leading the efforts to implement database compression.
- Performed 24/7 support for production database.
- Supporting the initiative to migrate all batch jobs and database maintenance jobs to Autosys Job scheduler.
- Experience with onsite and off shore supporting model.
- Participating in capacity planning developing storage utilization reports, performance counter collection and forecasting.
- Performed Database design, reverse-engineering.
- Development experience.
- Scripting experience.
Confidential Medford MA
Lead PeopleSoft DBA
- Database lead for PeopleSoft Finance Upgrade 8.4 to 9.1
- Upgraded database from 8.2 fix pack 14 to 9.7.
- Leading the performance improvement initiative for PeopleSoft
- Planned and implemented OPTIM data archiving.
- Leading the Database Team implementing enterprise security using IBM Infosphere Guardium.
- Coordinated with IBM in order to perform a database health Check to certify the Landscape.
- Redesigned database to facilitate the new features in version 9.7.
- System monitoring put in place for proactive monitoring.
- Leading efforts to implement database compression.
- Testing, planning and implementing DR Solution using HADR.
- Implemented SQL Replication to create a reporting database.
- Performed AIX system optimization to enhance database performance.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Database Manager/Team Lead
- Created testing protocols and Implemented Vormtric and Encryption Expert for Databases.
- Performed as the Lead Database architect
- Supported Micro strategy, Talend, webspere solutions.
- Maintained multiple OLTP and BI Databases.
- Successfully completed multiple application conversions from platforms like tysys to ECS.
- Managed the Licensing Compliancy for Db2 across the entire Environment.
- Experience with Supporting a Large Financial and TravelClients
- Managed, implemented and planned multi-million conversion projects (tysys-ecs).
- Performed version and fix pack upgrades.
- Supported Four 1.6 TB of Data warehouse on db2 V8 on AIX (p570) with SQL replication as the DR solution.
- Leading the project of migrating Oracle to Db2 for a leading travel Client.
- Worked with TSM and VERITAS net backups.
- Performed as a Member of the change control approval board.
- Lead DBA for in-sourcing and outsourcing applications.
- Performed database installations, migrations and upgrades for v7x, v8x and v9x.
Confidential, Plymouth, MN
- Created Baselines for Sarbanes–Oxley compliancy (sox).
- Provided Expertise in Performance tuning and Query Optimization.
- Served as the Primary DBA for migration db2 Cron jobs to Autosys job scheduler, scheduling jobs, migrating jobs, creating jobs and associated dependencies in autosys.
- Created Database baseline requirements for Sarbanes –Oxley compliance (SOX).
- Performing Database maintenance.
- Optimized Production System database.
- Worked with data movement utilities load, import, db2move and re-directed restores.
- Performed installations, migrations and version upgrades.
- Implemented and administered database maintenance activities (reorg, runtats, reorgchk).
- As Part of SQL, created new indexed migrated store procedures.
- Shell Scripting
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Library Enterprise Systems Unit &Networked Data Center
- Responsible for the computing infrastructure, integrated library system, and Digital Technologies.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical & Computer Engineer, Confidential, PA