- Over 6+ years of experience as a Peoplesoft Consultant/payroll Consultant and in modules like Payroll, General Ledger, Absence Management, Campus Community, Student Records, Academic Advising, Financial Aid, Transfer Credit and/or Student Finance, Benefits, Grants Management, Purchasing, Compensation, Admissions, Project costing, SQL and having experience in Campus solution in universities. Extensive experience across PeopleSoft Financial and Supply Chain applications (thru v9.2) lifecycle that includes e - Procurement, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Supplier Contracts, Strategic Sourcing, General Ledger, Travel & Expenses, e-Settlements, and e-Supplier.
- Expertise in Integration of North American payroll with HR, Time and Labor, General Ledger, Project costing.
- Experience as a Business/Supply Chain Analyst with a strong understanding of Business Analysis, Supply Chain management, System Analysis, PayBill, Business Process Management and Business Process Modeling.
- Expert PeopleSoft Analyst in Base Benefits, Workforce Administration, Grants Management, Compensation, North American Payroll, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Contracts, Travel & Expense, Account Receivable and core HR.
- Experience in implementation, customization, upgrade and maintenance of various modules such as HR, ELM, Benefits, Benefit Admin, Payroll, Time and Labor, Absence Management and Self-Service Modules.
- Experienced in PeopleSoft Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Campus Solution (CS) Implementation as Consultant.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Student Administration - Student Records, Campus community, Student Financials, Advisement, Academic Advising, Admissions and Financial Aid.
- Experienced as a PeopleSoft Analyst working with HR, Payroll, e-performance, Project Costing, Commitment Control, Purchasing, Asset Management, Benefits, Contracts, Ben Admin, Open Enrollment and Pension.
- Strong knowledge in SDLC phases and strong Agile Experience (SCRUM).
- In-depth proficiency of function North American Payroll, Asset Management, Benefits Administration, Talent Acquisition and Management, Candidate Gateway in FSCM application.
- Experience in Full life cycle of the software Implementation process (SDLC). Experience in creating and modifying SQRs, nVision, Crystal, Query and XML reports. Having excellent hands on experience on Peoplesoft ELM 9.2, 9.1,9.0, 8.x, 7.x.
- Excellent knowledge of Peoplesoft HR generalist and HRIS functional specialist on PeopleSoft HRMS and CRM Implementation projects. Experience in People Code, SQR, Application Engines, component interfaces Crystal Reports as part of the custom projects and on upgrading HCM, payroll, Benefits Time and Labor(T&L) and absence management modules.
- Experience in SQRs related to the Students and other related information to different Universities and other institutions in terms of Student Financial aid and Financial Aid in Peoplesoft Campus solution 9.2
- Extensive experience on in Core HR, Compensation & Manager and Employee Self Service.
- Configuration of the following in PeopleSoft Absence Management, Schedules for part time and full time employees, Accumulators (defining and set up for balances), Entitlements and accruals for vacations, Absences types (Leave of absence, vacations, PTO), Takes (defining rules for each absence type), Entry, approval (self-service functionality), Absence elements (element types, calculation elements) Making regular adjustments to employee's absence data.
- Extensive knowledge in Core HR, Workforce Administration, Employee Self Service, Manager Self Service, Recruitment, Project Costing, Contracts, Compensation, eProcurement and North American Payroll modules.
- Strong knowledge in Integration Broker configuration, integrating PeopleSoft Financials with Hyperion.
- Experience in business customers, Contacts for analysis, deployment, project management, IT service management and web development across Government, Banking/Financial and Services.
- Expertise in techno-functional aspects of PeopleSoft financials modules: P2P, Contract Management system (CA), PayBill, Account Payable (AP), Grants Management, Travel & Expense, General Ledger(GL), Project Costing, Commitment Control, Real Estate Management, Account Receivable (AR) PeopleSoft HRMS, Workforce Admin, Manager and employee self-service modules and vacation leave tracker.
- Proficient in requirements gathering, performing fit gap analysis (current and future state), creating functional specification documents, and developing business process flows and charts
- Strong implementation/upgrade skills and high level of business process knowledge starting with version PeopleSoft 8.x, 9.x. The most recent experience includes 9.2 on Tools 8.56.
- Having experience in upgrade PeopleTools 8.55 Financials (PO, AP, Expenses, Hyperion Planning and Grants).
- Involved in extensive data validation by writing several complex SQL queries and doing query performance tuning.
Experience in: HR, Core HR, Payroll, Grants Management, GL, AP, AR, Purchasing, Project Costing, CRM, Talent Acquisition and Management, Time & Labor, Compensation, Student records, Absence Management, e-procurement, Benefits, BRD, FRD, SAAS, SRS, UML Modeling, Database Administration, Hyperion, User Stories, Test Scripts, ESS, MSS, PayBill, e-performance, Contracts, n-Vision, Student financial
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/XP/Vista, Linux, UNIX
Tools: Peoplesoft tools 8.53, 8.54, 8.55, 8.56
Project Management Tool: MS Project
Testing: WinRunner, LoadRunner, Quick Test Pro, Test Director, Rational Tools
Methodologies: Rapid Action Development (RAD), Joint Application Development (JAD), Rational Unified Process (RUP), Unified Modeling Language (UML), System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Waterfall Model, Crystal Reports, Visual Source Safe, RUP, Requirement Gather
MS: Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point), MS - Visio, JIRA
Other Tools: Informatica, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver4.0
Peoplesoft Consultant/Payroll Consultant
Confidential - Purchase, NY
- Translated stakeholder requirements into different tangible deliverables such as functional specifications, user cases, user stories, workflow/process diagrams, data flow/data model diagrams.
- Played key role in Payroll & Time & Labor setup table design and Ensured that setup tables were configured and maintained per business requirements and trouble-shoot set up table configuration to ensure that design meets business requirements and performing quality assurance testing.
- Performed setup of Global Payroll Calendars, Locations, Tax Tables, Payee and Bank definitions, Absence Processing, Languages, Currencies and Countries for PS 9.1 HCM implementation for multiple organizations in conjunction with Simplex Time Entry module.
- Worked extensively on customization of modules including Self Service (MSS, ESS), North American Payroll.
- Set Core Tables, Installation Tables, Defining Rules for Admissions, financial aid, Recruiting, Student Records and Campus Community.
- Modified the existing SQR's and Application Engines (HR, Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor, absence management) as per the new requirements
- Did set up the leave codes in absence management as per the business requirements. Did fix the issues in the process (absence Management) that does leave roll over at the end of fiscal year.
- Lead the system configuration design for Payroll; this included designing the Earnings Code and Deduction Code.
- Provided strategy for merger of the acquired company into client's Peoplesoft 9.1 HR & Payroll system.
- Customized the Student Financials module student's account along with account history with changes in fines.
- Responsible for configuration and table structures for Absence Management, Account Receivable, Purchasing, Asset Management, PayBill, Payroll, Travel & Expense, e-Performance, Commitment Control(KK), Cash Management in versions 9.1 and 9.2
- Supported the PeopleSoft HCM 9.0 application and prepared the solution design documents for change requests in Core HR, eProfile and ePerformance modules.
- Involved in customization and implementation of PeopleSoft Payroll and Time & Labor module.
- Customized and enhanced several existing components in Student Admissions, Campus Community, Academic Advising, Student records, Financial Aid and Student Financials modules to meet customer business.
- Deployed new system, as functional lead on project that implemented a Business Intelligence System using, Informatica and Oracle OBIEE.
- Various Student Financials, Recruiting/Admission Crystal reports been converted to BI Publisher and decommissioned the Crystal reports and relevant objects.
- Involved in the design, development and testing of all HR, Payroll, Time and Labor, Benefits Administration, Manager Self Service and Employee Self Service. Developed Conversion programs to convert data for Student Records, Campus Community, Academic Advising, Student Financial Aid Modules.
- Day to Day support for Payroll including job codes, deduction codes, earning code configuration.
- Maintained, tested and executed necessary action to PeopleSoft table configuration to ensure accuracy.
- Retrofitted existing modifications, completed enhancements (archiving), and resolved defects for Campus Solutions 9.2 modules including Financial Aid, Student Financials and Admissions.
- Performed testing for the employee self-service(ESS) customizations for e-Benefits (online enrollment) e-Compensation (MSI), and North American payroll.
- Applied Financials 9.2 PUM Image to using PeopleSoft Lifecycle Management tools - Change Assistant and Update Manager.
- Helped client understand the PS FSCM 9.2 changes with respect to Core HR, Account Payable, General Ledger, Base Benefits, North American Payroll, Travel & Expense, Compensation, Approvals, and Enterprise Profile Management integrations. Create analytics to include PS Queries, nVision, Dashboards, and other reporting needs.
- Responsible for Managing and Execution Data Conversion for the modules (Core HR, Compensation, North American Payroll, e-Performance, Benefits, PayBill, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Recruiting) and data conversion validating and reconciliation.
- Design, Develop, Customization, support and maintenance of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Student Admissions, Academic Advising, Student Records, Recruiting, Financial aid, Student Financial modules applications using PeopleSoft Development, Reporting and Integrations tools.
- Designed and developed many inbound and outbound interfaces to and from PeopleSoft payroll system.
- Documented the data mapping effort for CS including Academic Advisory, Admissions, Academic Advising, Campus Community, Student Records, Student Finance and Financial Aid.
- Involved in Setting up of all Core Tables in Base Benefit i.e. Plan Type, Deduction Code, Rate Tables and tied up Benefit Plans to Benefit Programs and automated business processes in HR and Absence Management using approval workflow Engine (AWE).
- Implemented PeopleSoft Campus Solutions. Academic Structure, Campus Community, Admissions, Student Records, Academic Advisement, Gradebook, Self Service, Student Financials, Hostel and Mess Management, Training and Placement, Online Admissions, Attendance Management, Financial Aid modules.
- Retrofitted various SQR programs, n-Visions in General Ledger, Accounts Payable as per 9.2 changes.
- Worked upgrade PeopleSoft Swift 9.2 Modules to upgrade are Accounts Payable, Contracts, Commitment Control, Real Estate Management, Purchasing, PayBill, Account Receivable, Benefits, e-performance, Expense, Asset Management. Implement new features in 9.2.
- Developed the custom components and pages for compensation module for managers and HR generalists to perform the merit and bonus recommendations for the employees. Created new WorkCentre for this custom module-based business processes.
- Developed and re-implemented the TALX interface to send the HR and payroll data for Turner employees. Working on PeopleSoft Campus Solution Upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 for student financial, Financial aid and student administration.
- Worked as SME (Subject matter expert) Providing Production Support for Applications: Purchasing/e-Pro, AP, Talent Acquisition and Management, Contracts, Project Costing, Recruiting, Absence Management, AM and General Ledger on PeopleSoft Version ELM 9.2.
- Conducted design workshops for customizations and table configuration. Concentrated on Campus Solution Modules Financial Aid, Student Administration, Campus Self Service, Student Financials, Academic Advising, Student Records, Contributor Relations, and Gradebook.
- Understanding the functional design documents received from University of South Carolina for the Campus Solutions.
- Assisted technical staff with their People Tools 8.53.05 upgrade to their Campus Solutions 9.2 environments.
- Created Functional and Technical specification documentation for conversion for CS including Academic Advisory, Admissions, Campus Community, Student Records, Student Finance and Financial Aid.
- Performed Production Support for Reports post Go-live and maintained design documentation. Wrote SQRs, Crystals, Queries and n-vision reports to replace the programs from the previous release.
- Inserted patches and bundles for General Ledger, Project Costing, Benefits, Asset Management, Accounts Payable, Commitment Control, PayBill, Accounts Receivable modules.
- Performed PeopleTools upgrade from 8.56 to 8.57 for campus solutions, human resources, and financials environments.
- Participated in fit-gap sessions during planning phase; developed test schedule, test plan, risk plan, RTM; conducted daily status calls, developed reports using ClearView. Involved in troubleshooting PayBill Interface process and extensively used SQL to analyze the interface staging tables to correct the errors.
- Gathered requirements, drafted designs and tested requirements course equivalency transfer credit rules.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for PeopleSoft Campus Solutions Student Finance Module and Student Records.
- Customized the access to the Student Financials module limited primarily to the Student Financial Services staff and Customer Service Center Staff for tuition calculation and all fee adjustments
- Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues. Provided primary support for PeopleSoft Campus Solution 9.2 Student Financial, Contracts, AR modules, PeopleSoft CRM 9.2 Support and Helpdesk modules. I was responsible to Utilize Agile and Waterfall methodologies across multiple projects.
Peoplesoft Business Analyst
Confidential - Evanston, IL
- Determine and implement proper ERP security on a database and policy level and maintain security roles within the various applications.
- Responsible for the upgrade of PeopleSoft HRSA (HR, Payroll, Benefits, Campus Community, Academic Advising, Student Financials and Student Records) from version 9.1 to 9.2
- Responsible for functional and technical exposure of PeopleSoft modules like HR, Talent Acquisition and Management, Payroll, General Ledger, Travel & Expense, Accounts Payable, Benefits, Account Receivable, Cash management, Employee Self Service(ESS) and Manager Self Service(MSS).
- Responsible for helping the Payroll dept with peoplesoft upgrade project.
- Performed all Payroll and Time & Attendance table configuration, high level and detailed level test plans.
- Participated in multiple training sessions, including Academic Structure, Recruiting, Student Financials, Financial Aid, Equation Engine, PS Query and PeopleSoft Test Framework.
- Involved in Milestones conversion from legacy system to PeopleSoft Campus Solutions using App Engine, Component Interface and Parallel processing.
- Setup Absence and payroll calendars and other configuration for lower environments. Involved in Setting up of all Core Tables in Base Benefit i.e. Plan Type, Deduction Code, Rate Tables and tied up Benefit Plans to Benefit Programs.
- Successfully prepared delivery plan for configuration of consolidated systems for HR, Compensation, Benefits, Time & Labor and Payroll systems.
- Modified People Code and made online modifications to pages, components etc. in Academic Structure, Campus Community, Student Records and Academic Advisement modules.
- Worked on various Campus Solution modules such as Student Records, Recruiting and admissions, Campus Community and Financial Aid specialized in developing Data Conversion programs, Extensions, Interfaces & BI publisher reports.
- Completed HR, Benefits, Payroll table analysis and core configuration for both PeopleSoft HRMS and ADP Payroll systems. Created Test Scripts and Test Cases for Payroll Process, Benefit Enrollment and Custom Interfaces.
- Maintain custom processes for reporting and business automation for Admissions, Records & Registration, Student Financials, Institutional Research, and other campus business units.
- Created a new interface to transfer the actuals project costing data from PeopleSoft to Hyperion.
- Worked on Core HR, ELM, North American Payroll, Compensation, Base Benefits, workforce development and e-Performance Modules. Did work on conversion process between benefits to absence management, did customize a few pages in absence management as per the business requirements.
- Converted custom pages to fluid pages that can be accessed on mobile devices. Worked with Oracle to resolve the existing bug in AM system for Fluid.
- Customize Absence Management with Fluid and Classic mode based on the requirement and roll out for different operating companies. Determine and implement proper ERP security on a database and policy level and maintain security roles within the various applications.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Scripts from Functional and Design Specifications for PeopleSoft, HRMS (Peoplesoft Core HR, Compensation, Project Costing, Payroll, Asset Management, General Ledger, PayBill, Talent Acquisition and Management, Benefits), Basic Pay, e-performance, Travel & Expense, Provident fund details Module.
- Developed real-time & daily integrations using XML/Integration Broker to integrate with IBM Brass Ring recruiting and on-boarding system.
- Managed Project timelines, Resources, Project Budget, Project Risk Plan, Change Requests, created Project Charters, Deployment Plans, and project Team communications.
- Created multiple interfaces for the Student Campus Solution Modules including (Student Records, Academic Advising, Financial Aid, Admissions and Student Finance). Configured Tuition and Fees calculation program for Student Admin PeopleSoft application. Worked on upgrading PeopleSoft PayBill, AR, General Ledger, Contracts, Commitment Control, Accounts Payable from 9.1 to 9.2 and peopletool 8.53 to 8.55 which include Fit-Gap analysis.
- Handled defects and bugs in the current system and provided production support for Core HR, Compensation and Campus Solution modules.
- Implemented procedures regarding admissions, registration, scholarships, academic advising, new student orientation, etc.
- Worked with Portal team on re-implementing PeopleSoft Interaction Hub on tools 8.53.05. Performed load testing of upgraded PeopleSoft systems using Apache JMeter.
- Modified People Code and made online modifications to pages, components etc. in Academic Structure, Campus Community, Student Records and Academic Advisement modules
- Prepare functional designs to develop custom programs to enable the system to perform the business process.
- Responsible for providing general PS Finance systems subject matter expertise to user and technologies partners.
- Worked on PeopleSoft (HR, Payroll, Benefits) System Development, Conversion, Customization, Migration and Support of HR, Benefits, Benefits Administration, Payroll, Training and Time & Labor modules.
- Worked with financial community to define and clarify requirements. Provided support in understanding PeopleSoft's Accounts Payable, Account Receivable, Project Costing, Commitment Control and accounting capabilities.
- Analyzed student academic records and determined if transfer credits were applicable to a degree program. Involved in several customizations for Core HR, CRM to meet business needs for clients of different regions.
- Worked on Campus Solutions Modules Financial Aid, Student Administration, Campus Self Service and Student Financials.
- Responsibilities also include customization, bug fixing, enhancements, and supporting the PeopleSoft Modules AP, PayBill, Purchasing, General Ledger and Inventory.
- Modified custom SQR for Vendor interface between Campus Solutions and PS Financial system. Worked on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) & methodologies.
- Provided production support to Student Record, Student Financial, Financial Aid Admission, GL, Accounts Payable, Purchasing.
Peoplesoft Payroll Analyst
Confidential - Bayonne, NJ
- Developed Employee Cash Advance process and Employee Loans in Travel & Expenses module to link with HRMS, Account Payables, Contracts and Asset Management including adding customizations on process and reports.
- Worked extensively on Leave Balance Conversions, custom Absence Upload Interface, Time and Labor conversions and some critical Report.
- Supported the Core HR, T&L and Payroll for NA modules and resolved the incidents without missing the SLAs, worked on the enhancements related to Core HR, T&L and Payroll for NA module right from the Functional design to development and supported and responsible for the payroll Tax updates.
- Worked with the Data Mapping and Conversion of legacy payroll data for the Canadian Payroll system.
- Worked in PeopleSoft HRMS 9.1 with PeopleTools 8.53. It includes PeopleSoft - HRMS (Core HRMS), Manager Self Service, Compensation, Employee Self Service(ESS), Recruiting, e-Performance, Project Costing, Contracts, Payroll Interface.
- Implemented the policies for maintaining the Demand, Production, supply, Shipping Logistics and purchase order processes.
- Requirement gathering and functional design of new enhancements in Payroll, Benefits, Compensation and Core HR area.
- Automated business processes in HR and Absence Management using approval workflow Engine (AWE)
- Designed and Developed new SQRs and Application Engines (HR, Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor, absence management) as per the user requirements.
- Assist in analyzing and documenting current state business processes, gaps and manual work arounds.
- Coordinate and process data corrections in Talent Acquisition and Management, Compensation, General Ledger, Absence Management, Commitment Control, Travel & Expense, Accounts Payable, Asset Management, Core HR and Benefits modules.
- Responsible primarily for supporting HR Modules Benefits, Payroll, Time & Labor. Resolved on-going performance issues with SQL statements using Indexes, optimizers and using hints in SQL statements.
- Applied patches to applications using PeopleSoft Update Manager; installed/configured PUM image and created custom packages based on business's requirements. Provide production support and month close support for PeopleSoft finance module such as PayBill and Contract.
- Designed the new customizations for core HR modules. Created the custom processes to track the employee's shares and dividends in PeopleSoft Payroll system and offset the net pay and calculated the taxes.
- Worked upgrade PeopleSoft from 9.0 to 9.1 Modules to upgrade are Account Receivable, Accounts Payable, Absence Management, Project Costing, Purchasing, Grants Management, eProcurement, General Ledger, Base Benefits, Benefits Administration, Contracts, Expense, Travel & Expense, Asset Management. Implement new features in 9.1 and make chartfields.
- Worked as SME and techno-functional consultant for Banking setup, Bank reconciliation, Cash Management and Deal management.
- Gathered requirements through fit/gap sessions, personal research, interviews, and analysis of supporting documentation and business process descriptions. Gathered requirements, user stories for future enhancements and customizations in PeopleSoft Purchasing.
- Followed Agile Development Process and have been Scrum Master for the team.
- Requirement gathering, gap analysis, preparation of use case, activity flow diagrams, BRD/FRD. As a Techno-Functional Consultant involved in the analysis of Core HR & Payroll modules.
- Worked in a variety of engagements involving all phases of SDLC such as system study, analysis, design, development, testing and implementation. Meetings with the SME's to discuss their business customer, Contacts needs and requirements.
- Annual Variable Compensation Process - Implemented PeopleSoft 8.53 and 9.1 Variable Compensation. Managed Configurations and performed fit-gap for 9.0 e-Performance and Position Management.
Confidential - San Jose, CA
- Performed Fit Gap analysis to highlight the business objectives fulfilled by the delivered 9.0 system and the business objectives that required customization.
- Worked on the legacy system in Confidential and prepared fit gap analysis and design documents to retrofit and upgrade the Base Benefits and Time and labor applications in Peoplesoft HCM 9.1.
- Resolved payroll issues related to Canadian payroll, Global Payroll. Defined best practices when running Time and Labor and Payroll processes like Time Administration, Load Time and Labor, Pay Calculation and Pay Confirm.
- Primary responsibility of providing functional support on Financial/Supply chain modules - Inventory, Procurement, Purchasing, Asset Management, Accounts Payable, e-performance, PayBill, Compensation, Contracts, Account Receivable and General Ledger.
- Updated the approval rule component such that the approvals are based on Project Costing Business Unit
- Gather and document system requirements of existing and new systems as they are tested/become operational and develop process documentation Serves as the primary point of contact for HRIS solution support escalation. Defined the scope of a potential e-Performance project.
- Responsible for BRD walk through sessions with various business customer, Contacts unit leaders, IT Quality Assurance teams and coordinated the system testing and UAT of the various projects delivered as part of the various Sprints.
- Setup PUM Images for both Upgrades as well as to push patches. Created nVision Balance Sheet reports for new Business Units. Supported critical month end closing activities that were enabled by Hyperion systems
- Coordinating activities of the HRIS team and the process improvement of HR systems. Covered functional modules Compensation, Commitment Control, North American Payroll, Employee (ESS) & Manager Self Service (MSS).
- Provided Functional Inputs as a working member of the Security team in support of designing and testing assigned module application security models (including work centers).
- Responsible to work with stakeholders from various workstreams such as HR, Project Costing, Travel & Expense, Base Benefits, Payroll, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Compensation, Corporate, Legal, Integration and Technical who were the potential user of the information repository.