- Confidential has over 20 years of experience on 31+ PeopleSoft engagements, as well as OBIEE12c Answers. His project portfolio spans PeopleSoft Supply Chain Management (SCM), Financial Distribution Manufacturing (FDM), and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) projects to include: Services Procurement (sPro), eProcurement (ePro), Purchasing, Inventory, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Asset Management, Planning & Budgeting, Project Costing, and General Ledger, as well as seven upgrades - including 2-step upgrades. Additionally, numerous OBIEE 12c work products have been delivered successfully.
- Confidential is versatile: on these projects he has served in the capacities of Senior Developer, Business Analyst, Team Lead, as well as Project Manager.
- Confidential is unique because he transcends the traditional dichotomies of technical and functional expert, manager and worker; breadth and flexibility are his strengths.
- Confidential is often engaged on projects because of this unique amalgam of technical and functional proficiency, and because his PeopleSoft experience begins at release 2.2.
- Thus, Confidential can leverage this diverse set of skills to perform well on PeopleSoft Human Capital Management systems, Campus Solutions, CRM, ELM, ESA, EPM, SCM, or other PeopleSoft function - whether novel or familiar - as well as OBIA, OBIEE DW projects.
- Confidential is formally educated in the domains of Information Technology, Supply Chain, General Business, and the Liberal Arts - generally graduating in the top 1% of his class.
- Confidential values excellence, is highly motivated, and self-directed. His work ethic is exceptional.
- He has experience in Healthcare, Defense, Marketing Research, Oil and Gas, Real Estate, Construction, Insurance, Financial Services, Retail, the Public Sector - federal and state - and Nuclear verticals.
- PeopleTools I
- SQL/SQR for PeopleSoft
- PeopleSoft Query Basics
- PeopleSoft Query Advanced
- Accounts Payable I
- Accounts Payable II
- PeopleSoft Business Process Designer
- PeopleSoft Inventory
- PeopleSoft Workflow
- PeopleTools II
- PeopleTools 8.4 Delta
- Crystal Reports Basics
- Crystal Reports Advanced
- PeopleSoft Purchasing
- General Ledger I
- General Ledger II
- Planning & Budgeting
- PeopleSoft Projects
- PeopleSoft Asset Management
- As a key Techno-Functional Resource, currently, working to bring 171 legacy systems onto OBIEE 12c, PeopleSoft, Oracle Forms, or Oracle Applications Express (APEX) 5.1 - work products include:
- Installation of Oracle VirtualBox 4.3 - 5.1.14, OBIEE 12c with SampleApp database/VM 6.07;
- Installation and configuration of Weblogic Server 10.3.6;
- Successful install of standalone Oracle XE database, including Application Express (APEX) 4.x on Embedded PL/SQL Gateway (EPG), listener, and the XE admin console;
- Successful install and upgrade of standalone DB environment to Oracle Enterprise Edition database 11gR2 w/OLAP, including Enterprise Manager.
- Technical Lead for the comptroller on the upgrade of OBIEE from 11g to 12c: MUDE, migrations, DSS UAT.
- Rewarded with 5 contract awards or renewals rendering over 4.5 years of experience as a pivotal resource on to the development of 4 major subsystems that automated comptroller financial reports such as the cashflow statement; a hybrid budget-to-actual variance in-/out-flows of revenue budgets, capital and operating expense budgets; as well as FTE budget variances - written in OBIEE 11g/12c, PL/SQL, ETL scripts, APEX 5.1, Oracle 12c triggers, functions, and other Oracle objects.
- Good understanding of Siebel Analytics (OBIEE) 11g/12c architecture, Presentation Services, Catalog and Repository development (Presentation Layer, BMM, Physical Layer of RPD), OLAP cube modeling, OBIEE Security Administration, as well as underlying internals end-to-end and for process like OBIS, which converts OBIEE’s Logical-SQL to Oracle’s SQL; no experience installing OBIEE CPUs (BI Critical Patch Updates) or with WLS 12c admin. Console / OEM Fusion Middleware Control 12c (220.127.116.11.0 ); light experience in tweaking instanceconfig.xml.
- Key to an upgrade to 9.2 - PeopleSoft Update Image (PI) 9.2.022 - using the Upgrade Source Image for PeopleSoft 9.1.
- Installed and configured and PeopleTools 8.55 Clients using SetupPTClient.bat, including the PeopleTools Full Upgrade options; experienced with PeopleTools 32 - bit (8.53) and 64 - bit (8.55) clients.
- Installed PeopleSoft 9.2 PIA/PCA via bootstrap scripts (psft-dpk-setup.ps1) running in PowerShell sessions - employed PS Deployment Kits (DPKs) on Oracle VirtualBox (OVM/.OVA).
- Experience with Python (for 8.55 client) and Puppet Apply (for 9.2 PIA) customizing the canned 9.2 configuration by modifying the psft customizations.yaml file.
- Setup up Change Package Definitions using Change Assistant in 2-tier mode.
- Applied the latest YUM updates - security updates for the 9.1 PI image - and PeopleSoft Release Patchsets (PRPs), and required at install (critical patches) that were not included in the 9.1 PI.
- Experience in retrofitting customer customizations to base PeopleSoft application delivered during the upgrade; execute SYSADUDIT & DDDAUDIT and reconcile exceptions.
- Conducted the review of the legacy Time Entry System developed in Oracle Forms.
- Early to intermediate proficiency in Oracle PL/SQL 11g/12c & Allaround Software’s PL/SQL Dev. IDE; experience in troubleshooting and correcting Oracle database objs. such as triggers, stored procedures, sequences, and external tables.
- Utilized previous Federal experience at DOD, DOE, Confidential for deep-dive of governmental accounting processes and controls, specifically the process of how & State public funds are budgeted, authorized/awarded, obligated (with obligation limitations), encumbered, and then liquidated (i.e. Commitment Control / KK).
- Served as the team lead in a high-touch, high-trust environment; in transparent and powerful ways; responsibly provided DevOps leadership, subsystem specifications gathering, test script development & execution, and accounting prove-out of the balances on each major client deliverable during a 2-year tenure.
- Skilled in production support work; enjoy PeopleCode & Application Engine tracing, debugging, and analysis.
- AP 9.x - consulting regarding payment settlement via the AP PayCycle; debugging PS AP-Troy 600 MICR check printing via Crystal Checks on Windows Server 2008 SP1; AP Bank Recon. troubleshooting; ePro – delivered a 17-iteration – Excel-to-CI-based – enterprise Requestor/Requisitioner load; ePro/PO/IN – in a functional capacity, performed various control-data loads using SQL-DML, DataMover (DMS), or ExcelToCI of: Locations, PTLT/Setup Manager reset and release label import in selected PS instances, Operator IDs, Buyers, Buyer Managers, Item Groups, Manufacturers, Item Categories, UOM definitions, ShipTo definitions, IB Queue initialization, XMLP Report Categories, Process Definition defaults, Cart & Inventory Replenishment Requestor adds, integration setup of GHX accounts, as well as batch loads of mass User Preference configurations & key access controls across all sub-ledgers – including specialized ePro Role Actions.
- Troubleshoot and correct the PS ExceltoCI tool itself (i.e. VB-macros), corrupt Ledger Definition and Ledger Chartfield Definition, missing SQL objects for AP Accruals, missing portal objects, PS Home page object config., Spreadsheet Voucher Upload, correct first-iteration of PO dispatch method of Fax/RightFax integration from desktops, correct missing Cost Element 100, correct missing EFT File Layouts codes on external accounts, missing Market Rate defaults for AP-PO matching, correct DUNS numbers load for all ACH vendors, ensure PURCH ITEM ATTR population, missing stored SQL statements for replenishment, as well as general UAT and end-user support and advisory role.
- Support, troubleshoot, and implement GHX-Medline’s integrations for 810 Batch Voucher Load into PeopleSoft, TeamIA integration for 810s, as well as research on 832 Contract Price Update EIPs.
- As a Senior PeopleSoft Techno-Functional Consultant on loan to the business, collaborated with tenured consulting staff to deliver AP-to-PO-to-Receipt (3-way) Matching re-configurations (SQL components of the match rules), performed match workbench troubleshooting via PeopleCode traces, and develop custom matching worksheet/workbench reporting using complex, cross-system, foreign-key-drill-down-based SQL report – currently portable to n/Vision Report-books.
- Wrote over 100 SQL Queries including SQL-generation of Excel-based Requester Stats Report.
- Thoroughly analyzed risk & impact of tools upgrade PeopleTools 8.50.24 into production FSCM; championed & drove initiative to its ultimate adoption into production safely. Patch 24 resolved several known sPro issues including significant problems related to sPro-9.1’s manual invoice generation, as well as SBI invoice submission into sPro’s AWE Process Definitions / Paths via the sPro Transaction Registry. The patch essentially resolved Tools-related middleware defects within AWE’s sPro Process Definitions; identified in collaboration with site SYSADMIN after reviewing PeopleCode/PIA Trace files, AppServer logs, and other PeopleSoft-middleware log files; reviewed AppServer replay files.
- Provided support for various year-end close initiatives in the Services Procurement (sPro) module. Conceived custom solutions that released 450 workorders previously stuck in various stages of their lifecycle. These documents spanned 10 different transaction buckets, formed 20 distinct business cases, and involved 1,087 timesheets.
- Troubleshot, advised, and resolved abends in several custom Application Engine integrations, as well as POPO005.SQR.
- Production support of sPro’s AWE-based workflows, routings, and stages; use of AWE xref records for transaction analysis and worklist tracking; analyzed AWE indexes and recommended changes.
- Role included ongoing mentoring & one-on-one training responsibilities, use of Quest Toad 11.5, and Quest Stat 5.6.
- Designed & developed a bolt-on module that audited the PeopleSoft Purchasing system. PO Audit consisted of a multivariate, 13-point audit of requisitions against POs in client’s PeopleSoft Supply Chain (SCM) system. Additionally, the process compiled an exception table, and reported on these exceptions using a Crystal Report 2008 definition that included formulas. Process consisted of 2,715 lines of Tools-8.5’s Object-Oriented-PeopleCode housed in an Engine (AE) program(s), and 45 other PeopleTools objects including several Component Interfaces (CI). Process audited all purchasing business units in the PO system in 20-90 seconds; designed as a sharable object between both the PeopleSoft Supply Chain (SCM) online and batch systems. Designed module’s reporting elements & layout.
- For Canadian Import/Export & Customs, developed Application Engine program(s) to integrate stores, distribution centers, trade/payable vendors, & carriers to Descartes ITMR4 software from PeopleSoft PO 9.x. This IB integration was programmed to facilitate configurable selection criteria and included full- & incremental-sync functionality. PeopleTools project comprised of file layouts, pages, components, derived work records, and views; designed & developed new menu for Descartes. Participated in developing user stories, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, as well as assist in developing capacity, velocity, and story points on this Agile/SCRUM project.
- Performed analysis on Purchasing, Requisition, & Cost Management (CM) system for client; Performed Integration-Broker-related PeopleCode changes, and executed PeopleSoft go-live of systems using Integration Broker (IB).
- Routinely used Oracle SQL Developer 3.x & HP/Mercury Quality Center; wrote over 300 SQL queries.
Confidential, DFW, TXSenior Developer
- Performed in a multi-faceted capacity as the PeopleSoft Functional SME, and primary PeopleSoft support for month-end close: assisted with AP/AR/BI monthly close, and supported close-related integration points from third-party systems, including Savvion BPM and Salesforce 12.
- Integral to the 2010 audit and 2010 financial statement regeneration; enterprise SDLC initiatives like AP Bank Reconciliation & AR Lockbox interface with JP Morgan Chase; the Ledger Migration project; as well as ADHOC projects such as project profitability reporting, merger integration, and Quote-to-Cash cleanup of EMEA + startup entities’ go-live. Participated in UATs; executed GL redesign migration for phase 1 and migration testing for phase 2; this involved re-configuration of the G/L system's ledger groups & consolidation rules.
- Operated the PeopleSoft GL daily and during monthly/quarterly accounting close; responsible for control of GL & sub-ledger open/close period, GL accounts, departments, & projects; maintained GL rollup trees, n/Vision reports, & performed analysis on account imbalances. Duties include functional analysis, system re-configuration, and testing.
- Liaised with internal audit and Ernst & Young auditors; provided PeopleSoft support for Hyperion implementation.
- Performed in a multi-faceted capacity: assisted with AP/AR monthly close, enterprise SDLC initiatives, ADHOC projects, & UAT. Routinely used SAP Business Objects XI, Toad/SQL Queries, BMC Action Remedy, HP Quality Center, IBM Rational ClearQuest and automated Excel models using VBA. Extensive troubleshooting of integration points between AP & VMS-based, loan-level ledger, as well as EDI 820 check interface to Bank of America.
- Installed PeopleSoft Applications; PeopleTools; BEA Tuxedo; BEA WebLogic (w/ add, delete & customized reporting of security realms); PeopleSoft Pure Internet Architecture (PIA); Crystal Reports; Micro Focus Net Express 4.0/5.1; SQL Server 2000 & 2008; experienced in PeopleSoft database creation using Database Configuration Wizard (DCW).
- Proficient with peopletools.properties configuration, webprofiles, psprcs.cfg, psappsrv.cfg & psappsrv.ubx config, with thorough understanding of PSADMIN and its nuances. Skilled at coding, debugging, performance tuning Data Mover & SQL scripts in PeopleTools versions 8.4x - 8.50, including tools releases 8.46, 8.48, & 8.49.
- Thorough understanding of PeopleTools Development
Confidential, DFW TX
- Developed SQL and PS/Query that reconciled PeopleSoft Inventory put-aways and issues to General Ledger Trial Balance – completed 6-month outstanding task in two partial days.
- Conceived, developed, and presented to CAO, CIO, and department heads PowerPoint slides that accurately identified and categorized corrupted AM system into 8 unique problem types: under/over-amortizing assets, cost basis adjustments without asset add transactions, assets stuck in depreciation, assets depreciating to incorrect ChartFields, assets stuck on the PC to AM interface, assets with corrupted ChartField sequence numbers, assets with transaction records missing, assets abend-ing with SQL errors for duplicate key on insert into PS DEPRECIATION, or otherwise – devised 3 potential solutions, and made recommendation.
- Facilitated functional walk-thru sessions reviewing Inventory, Asset Management, and Project Costing process & functionality at XTX. Reviewed asset ADD, ADJ, TRF, PDP, RET, RCT, BKS, & DPR transactions, as well as asset profiles & categories, PC AM-AMIF1000 Interface, Depreciation Close (AM DPRCLOS), Accounting Entry Creation (AM AMAEDIST), Journal Generator + Journal Edit/Post job (FS JGEN) and other functionality in the system.
- Configured AETs and AE Defn’s to handle retirements-to-sale, retirements-to-inventory, plus other scenarios.
- Collaborated with Property Accounting Manager: conceived solutions to correct over 300 corrupted assets involving ChartField Sequence Number (CFSEQ NO). Delivered 10 highly-tested SQL scripts for Microsoft SQL Server environment or Data Mover that fixed corrupted assets; performed unit test, system tested, and facilitated User Acceptance Test (UAT) on same. Multi-faceted strategy employed delivered functionality, custom scripts, and an asset-delete SQR, with undelete functionality.
- Analyzed processes: Depr-Calc (AMDPCALC), Asset Load, AE Creation, Combination Edit, Mass Changes, group asset processing, Inter/Unit Processing; transactions: Transfers Out (TRANS IN OUT = 'O'), multi-ChartField transfers, multi-trans-coded retirements, multi-ChartField book transfers, multiple books transfers; tables: Ps Open Trans, Ps Cost, Ps Asset, Ps Depreciation, Ps Book, Ps Book Hist, PS Dist ln, Net Book Value Table, Depreciation Reporting Table; and fields: Trans Date, Activity SW, Retire SW, Open Trans ID, Dttm Stamp. Task included numerous write-ups on functionality.
- Invented methodology, and developed SQR program to holistically delete an asset from AM, plus all its touch points in sub-ledgers.
Confidential, Birmingham, ALSenior Developer
- Developed a holistic tuning & test plan that increased the performance of the P&B application by reconfiguring the application server and application cache running on IBM PSeries servers (AIX); conducting tuning sessions; and by testing and tuning long-running SQL queries (Oracle 10g). Configured LOADCACHE.
- Took a lead role in driving the resolution of several application defects in Data Staging / Model Calculation, a critical path process. Performed testing, analysis, and provided technical expertise on Analytic Calculation Engine (ACE), Application Engine, and PeopleSoft middleware. Task included several write-ups and UAT scripts.
- Proficient in troubleshooting and performance-tuning PeopleSoft Application Server and its middleware components such as: PSAPPSSRV, PSQCKSRV, PSQRYSRV, PSANALYTICSRV, BBL, and PTPURCS (Process Scheduler).
- Skillful with ALTERS in-place or by table rename; CREATE tables, views, triggers, indexes; and DROPS using both Microsoft SQL 7 through Microsoft SQL 2008 SQL scripts, as well as Oracle 7 through Oracle 10g.
- Created EPM security design; configured and tested security; applied numerous PeopleTools upgrade & application bundles.
Confidential, Birmingham, ALSenior Developer
- Tested scenarios and performed an evaluation of the installed suite of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software applications and processes.
- Conducted a review of procurement accounting, general ledger (G/L) reporting and the processing of capital purchases.
- Presented findings and recommendations to executive, as well as middle managers.
- Project was under budget and on time.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Oversaw the design, test (UAT) and implementation of Asset Management and Project Costing applications.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the project plan using Microsoft Projects.
- Designed user acceptance test (UAT) plans, test scripts, software product customizations, data conversions, reporting strategies, and conducted “fit analysis” — managed scope, deliverables, and timelines.
- Compiled and delivered professional documentation on all aspects of project. Project was under budget and on time. These products were implemented to track the capital spending and assets of a multi-million dollar, natural-gas-fired, power generation facility, a peaking plant.
- Provided production support for Sonat’s applications after each implementation, including AP, AR, GL, PO, IN.
Confidential, Birmingham, AL
- Tested and resolved application defects and corrected customizations to COBOL and PeopleCode programs that many previous firms did not resolve. During the accounting close cycle these defects caused accounting entries to double-post creating many errors on the quarterly financial reports. Corrections reduced the customer’s monthly close process by nearly three days.