Systems analyst with over 8 years experience, primarily the functional support of enterprise applications like PeopleSoft and SAP. Experienced with the configuration, upgrade, integration, and conversion of various modules in both systems. Proven ability to independently complete projects with a high level of quality, and collaborate as a team player.PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Confidential 04/11 - Present
- Represent the financial management interests of the Department in supporting the procurement, installation, implementation, maintenance, and training of new financial systems, system changes, and system upgrades.
- Identify customer\'s resource management systems business requirements.
- Assist management and staff in researching, analyzing, designing, developing, and evaluating core accounting-general ledger management, revenue receipt management, travel management, external reporting, and payroll management to improve accuracy and controls of core financial management systems.
- Assist with the resolution of accounting system issues, including those arising from legislation changes, changes to Federal accounting standards, changes in Departmental emphasis and priority, and standardization requirements among component agencies.
- Serve as a SME regarding the operational accounting functions and the application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), policies and procedures.
- Assist in the implementation of new procedures or policies to ensure compliance with established financial accounting requirements.
- Develop briefs and presentations for audiences of all levels, including senior Departmental-level officials.
- Coordinate software and system test efforts to include preparation of acceptance test plans, test planning, test execution, and monitoring and oversight of test execution.
- Develop, analyze, and conduct studies for addressing complex and critical systems integration problems and issues involving financial management systems.
- Participate in the planning and development of future system enhancements, business reengineering initiatives, and the development and implementation of new system generated performance measures, as well as new system initiatives.
- Function as a liaison between RMT and the representatives of the department\'s components, with responsibilities that include the establishment and maintenance of RMT\'s client relationships.
Confidential 09/07 - 04/11
Sr. Financial Systems Analyst
- Mapped complex business processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Responsible for the translation of the Business Requirements into succinct clear Systems Requirements.
- Coordinated and met with the Business Sponsors and Stakeholders to ensure that the Business direction, high-level scope and dependencies are identified and accurately documented.
- Provided functional support for SAP FICO Accounts Payable (AP) module and various modules like Accounts Payable (AP), Purchasing (PO), General Ledger (GL), Asset Management (AM), Inventory, and Project within PeopleSoft Financials (8.4) environment.
- Responsible for resolving production issues for all PeopleSoft modules within a timely manner.
- Responsible for producing ad-hoc reports via queries.
- Created test plans, test scripts, and perform end-to-end testing.
- Developed and tested custom queries in both SAP and PeopleSoft.
- Part of integration team responsible for the PeopleSoft (8.4) to SAP (4.7) conversion activities.
- Functional lead for the conversion of the PeopleSoft AP module to SAP.
- Prepared functional specifications for conversions, interfaces, and enhancements.
- Converted PeopleSoft AP open items and vendor master data.
- Validated that data/business processes were properly converted and functioning as expected.
- Configured and implemented SAP withholding functionality.
Confidential 08/03 - 09/07
PeopleSoft Financial Systems Analyst
- Provided functional support for various modules like Accounts Payable (AP), Procurement Card, Purchasing (PO), General Ledger (GL), and Asset Management (AM) within the Peoplesoft Financials (8.9) commitment control environment.
- Provided critical, functional lead support during UCF's PeopleSoft Financials system upgrade from version 8.4 to 8.9 in 2006.
- Performed fit gap analysis and created corresponding deliverables for implementation of PeopleSoft 8.9.
- Developed and maintained an effective business relationship, acting as a liaison between the end users and technical support staff.
- Created custom queries per user requirements utilizing PeopleSoft Application Designer.
- Planned, developed materials, and delivered training sessions to end users on system operations and troubleshooting methods.
- Performed regression and end-to-end testing after fixes and patches to ensure system integrity.
- Replicated production issues in Quality Assurance (QA) environment to aid developers in issue resolution.
- Researched and resolved encumbrance and budget issues to help departments recover previously held funds.
- Created test plans, test scripts, and performed multiple iterations of testing, including pre-production business testing to ensure a smooth upgrade.
- Developed and implemented strategy to conduct successful User Acceptance Testing.
- Contributed strategy and methods to a team effort to successfully use the PeopleSoft-delivered PO Rollover Process to carry forward prior fiscal year purchase orders.
- Troubleshoot issues with Procurement Card component of the Purchasing module.
- Developed and provided encumbrance resolution training to accounts payable personnel.
Confidential 03/98 - 08/99
- Developed and tested CHRONOS System, an end-to-end redesign of the FedEx Revenue Management System. This is a large-scale distributed client server system using UNIX based Sun UltraSparc 6000 Servers, Tuxedo system, and Sybase SQL Server.
- Developed modules and programs based on design specifications provided by programmer analyst.
- Participated in all aspects of the software development life cycle; requirement analysis, detailed designs, and various testing phases (unit, assembly, and end-to-end).
- Developed system test plans for various sub-systems based on release feature requirements.
- Executed system level regression/new feature test cases and verified against expected results.
- Created corresponding issues and facilitated problem resolution with development teams.
- Performed user acceptance testing/training to ensure the system met all end-user expectations before final implementation.
Confidential 07/97 - 02/98
- Designed, developed, and tested Assignment Cost Evaluator (ACE) software, a cost estimation tool used by Fortune 500 companies to estimate the cost of expatriate employees. Product was developed using Visual Basic 4 on a Windows platform.
- Gathered and incorporated new tax law and program requirements into program modules.
- Developed test cases, data, and scenarios based on requirement specifications.
- Tested and debugged new changes as well as ensuring existing functionality.
- Enterprise Applications/Tools: SAP FICO 4.7 (AP), PeopleSoft Financials 8.4/8.9 (AP, PO, GL, AM, Projects, Procurement Card, Inventory), BW (Business Warehouse), User Query Analyzer, PeopleSoft Application Designer
- Databases: Oracle 9.0, Sybase 11, Microsoft Access
- Languages: VBA, SQL
- Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, InfoPath, Visio, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project), Lotus Notes, GroupWise, Remedy, Productivity Kit (UPK), Info Pak, WinShuttle, SharePoint
- Operating Systems: Windows (XP, 95-2000), Unix (Sun Solaris)
- SAP FICO Configuration
- SAP BW Reporting
- PeopleSoft Purchasing
- PeopleSoft Accounts Payable
- PeopleSoft E-Procurement
- PeopleSoft Workflow
- PeopleSoft Time and Expense
- UPK (User Productivity Kit)
- Federal Accounting Fundamentals
- Federal Financial Management Systems Requirements
- Preparing Federal Financial Statements Using the U.S. Standard General Ledger
- USSGL Practical Applications
Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Dual Majors: Management Information System (1997) & Accounting (2003)
Minor: Computer Science Application