- 1 year of Distance Learning support at Texas Tech University.
- 9 years of PeopleSoft Technical and Techno - Functional experience in PeopleSoft HRMS 8.x, and 9.x at various clients.
- Worked in HR, Benefits, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Pension Administration, Time and Labor, Self Service, Recruiting, Position Management, Absence Management, eBenefits, ePerformance, eRecruit, ePay, e-Rewards and Recruit Workforce Modules.
- Experience in Developing, Conversion, Testing, and Production Support of PeopleSoft applications.
- Involved in preparing Technical Specs, Functional Specs, and various other business process related documents.
- Hands-on professional experience in Customization, Conversion and Upgrade of PeopleSoft Applications and Tools upgrade.
- Designed and developed various inbound and outbound interfaces.
- Developed various component interfaces to load and update data in different components.
- Worked with Application Messaging/Integration Broker to configure messages between PeopleSoft products and third party vendors.
- Involved in configuring the security for different users and access groups.
- Ran compare reports and migrated objects between environments.
- Good working experience in Application Designer, PeopleCode, File Layout, Component Interface, Application Engine, SQR, Crystal Reports, XML Publisher, and Data Mover.
- Worked extensively with SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) compliance procedures.
- Good Programming, Analytical, and Problem-Solving skills.
- Excellent Communication Skills, Self Confidence, Positive Attitude, Resiliency, Quick Learner, Excellent Organizational Skills. I am a self-starter and work well both independently and as a team.
ERP: PeopleSoft 8.x, 9.x (HR, Benefits, Payroll - NA and Global, Benefits Administration, Pension Administration, Recruiting, Time and labor, Position Management, Absence Management, eBenefits, ePerformance, eRecruit, ePay, e-Rewards, Self-Service, and Recruit Workforce Modules)
Reports: SQR, Crystal Reports, XML Publisher, SQL.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, MS Access, and Filemaker Pro.
Languages: C, C++, Java, HTML, PeopleCode, and VB.
Operating Systems: MS DOS, Windows, OS390, Macintosh, UNIX, and Linux.
Development Tools: PeopleTools 8.x.
Integration Tools: Component Interface, File Layout, Application Messaging, Integration Broker, AWE, Webservices, and Data Mover.
Others: Microsoft Visual SourceSafe, Revision Control System, Remedy, Test Director, STAT, HPALM, and StarTeam.
- Worked as one of the Key members in HRIS PeopleSoft team.
- Developed a new program that would send out individual emails to managers giving them advance notification of future terminations of contingent workers reporting to them so that they can take necessary action of off boarding or submitting an extension request.
- Developed a new program that would send out a nightly report of PeopleSoft activity which includes new hires, rehires, transfers, and terminations. This would enable different internal systems to create/disable/delete the accounts within their system.
- Prepared an On-Boarding document that would help new members joining HRIS team to gain an in-depth knowledge of the various roles and responsibilities of HRIS at Confidential .
- Prepared a high level Visio diagram depicting the use of PeopleSoft and its different components at Confidential as part of On-Boarding document.
- Developed a better coding practices document to be followed in HRIS team.
- Prepared a comprehensive PeopleSoft interface inventory document giving details about the type of interface, frequency, brief description, systems involved, file transfer methods used, input/output file details, contact details, etc.
- Supported extensively the internal and external audit teams by developing numerous queries to extract data for different periods of time especially with correction mode transactions.
- Handled several production support tickets which involved working on PeopleCode, SQR, App Engine, CI, AWE, Web services, Page modifications, PS Query, etc.
- Developed FTP scripts to download output files from Oracle server and to transfer the same to different internal/external systems.
- Involved in the Department automation project which would create new departments or change the attributes on the departments using AWE setup.
- Worked partially and supported the Silkroad interface to bring in new hires/rehires into PeopleSoft using Webservices.
- Lead the project to extend custom MSS (EAN) application at Confidential to Europe and Asia-Pac countries.
- Loaded cost center and other setup data for European countries and extended the Concur system ( Confidential Travel expense system) to European countries.
- Involved in rolling out few selected transactions in ESS at Confidential .
- Developed multiple reports for Treasury department giving details about the ESPP/ISO (Intensive Stock Options) participants.
- Worked extensively in PS security creating user profiles, assigning data security as well as component security.
Environment: PeopleSoft HRMS 8.9, HR, MSS, ESS, SilkRoad - OpenHire & RedCarpet, Oracle.
Confidential, Pleasanton - CA
- Worked as one of the Key member in the PS HRMS production support team.
- Installed regular tax updates from Rimini Street and ADP.
- Handled regular database maintenance activities from the application support team.
- Played a key role in the design and implementation of a customized vacation module which will allow the employees create, modify, and maintain their vacation requests.
- Developed code and programs which will allow managers to approve/disapprove the vacation requests and also ensured dynamic routing of the request to the delegated person or a higher level manager programmatically.
- Developed encryption and decryption scripts that are used by the outbound and inbound programs.
- Worked with different vendors for the yearly PGP key rotation process.
- Developed numerous queries to help the payroll user group in their day-to-day business activities and in running the regular payrolls and ad-hoc payrolls.
- Worked on a complex turnover report that would give the company’s turnover in terms of personnel with breakup at different levels like store, district, division, and region.
Environment: PeopleSoft HRMS 8.0, HR, Benefits, Payroll, Oracle.
Confidential, San Diego - CA
- Worked as one of the Key member in the PS HRMS Upgrade from 8.8 version to 9.1 version.
- Involved in Fit-Gap sessions with the users.
- Prepared a document giving details of all the technical objects related to the appropriate business process, which in turn would help in adding/deleting/retrofitting objects.
- Worked on the Record-mapping document, which would give the technical object changes between PS8.8 version and PS9.1 version.
- Retrofitted various SQR programs to make them work as per the changes in higher version and also additional business requirements.
- Implemented the Person Model in programs wherever necessary, by coding in the organizational relationship among the employees.
- Retrofitted fields, records, pages, components as per the business requirements and changes in PS 9.1 version.
- Modified PS queries by incorporating the new record changes and also adding additional business requirements.
- Customized peoplecode and online process and job definitions as per the business needs.
- Worked with the testing team to resolve SIT and UAT issues in a timely manner.
- Modified the labor distribution report to give the user an option to choose the destination directory for the outputs being generated from the report.
- Customized the benefits average hours report by expanding the eligible total leave hours calculation to short term disability and excluding long term disability in the calculation.
- Customized the manual check request and adjustment pages to include comments and put some edits around them.
- Debugged the peoplecode behind manual check request and adjustment pages to correct the total amount and total number of hours being displayed.
- Modified the App package code in the custom version of Manager Self-Service, to perform termination and demotion transactions as per the set business rules.
Environment: PeopleSoft HRMS 9.1, HR, Benefits, Payroll, Time and Labor, DB2.
Confidential, Columbus - OH
- Analyze the existing reports and interface programs for the PeopleSoft tools 8.49 to 8.50 upgrade and Oracle 11g upgrade project, document the necessary modifications required for Upgrade, and implement the changes.
- Perform a comprehensive full cycle test run on the entire system to ensure smooth functionality of the system post upgrade.
- Provide a custom branding header to the existing PeopleSoft online portal.
- Conversion of version specific PeopleSoft programs into version independent programs.
- Perform migrations from the 8.49 tools version development environments into 8.50 tools version environments.
- Modify few component interface programs in the Student Admin side to fix some issues related to sql cursor that cropped up as part of the Tools 8.5/Oracle 10g upgrade.
- Customize the Ctrl-J summary details that are displayed on the page, post upgrade.
Environment: PeopleSoft HRMS 8.9, HR, Benefits, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Time and Labor, Student Admin, Oracle.
Confidential, Pleasanton - CA
- Developed a new program for Flexible Tiered Credit Calculation for non-represented employees, which would provide additional credit amounts to employees based upon region, company, hourly compensation bands and medical coverage levels.
- Modified peoplecode for On Demand Event maintenance page, to schedule the Flexible Tiered Credit Calculation program, and also to capture the values to be used as run control parameters for the program.
- Worked as a Technical Lead for the Additional Flex credits project, wherein I was the Technical liaison for the functional and deployment teams.
- Customized Across the Board Pay increase, Mass Step increase, and Merit increase programs to extend the functionality to some regions.
- Customized the outbound Demographics and Pension plan administration interface program to include new Benefit programs created as part of the Additional Flex credits project.
- Developed a new SQR report to give details about the Mid-Year rating and Year-End rating distribution of all the employees as part of the ePerformance project.
- Handled Production support tickets created by the batch jobs or users.
- Developed a program to translate one set of organizational units into another set of organizational units at the employee level.
- Developed an App message between two internal systems to synchronize the organizational unit along with the org hierarchy.
- Involved in creating functional design documents and created Technical design documents. Worked extensively with SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) compliance procedures.
- Modified the Self-Service summary pages to direct the users to new Self-Service website post conversion.
- Actively involved in the smooth transitioning of batch jobs from 8.3 system to 8.8 system during conversion in addition to keeping different vendors and internal sub systems informed of various stages.
- Extensively involved in retiring/decommissioning a PeopleSoft system which involved merging Production and Reporting environments into one single Production environment, identifying and retaining one development and one test environment, and reducing the hardware resources by consolidating environments and reducing load balancing resources.
Environment: PeopleSoft HRMS 8.3, HRMS 8.8, HR, Benefits, Payroll, Benefits Administration, ePerformance, Self-Service, Oracle, DB2.
Confidential, Green Bay - WI
- Developed PeopleCode for the integration between Benefits Administration and Workforce Administration to address the detailed assignment of elig config benefit fields on employee job data, and the rules that should default this data (or not) based on Company, Paygroup, union code, etc.
- Developed a page to store Pension related custom data like Early Retirement date, Normal Retirement Date, Frozen Pension amount, etc. The retirement dates were calculated taking into account various rules based on company and union.
- Developed a series of reports that shall be run to validate the data entry of the pension payment schedule and job/additional pay transactions which will be signed off by the pension administrator before being routed to payroll.
- Developed a new post-paysheet program to identify lump sum payments for the specified pay run including IRA payee data, and insert this data into the Pay Earnings table (pay line) in order for payroll to pay the lump sum amount.
- Developed component interface programs to insert future-dated transactions on both the pension payment schedule and job (JOB DATA and PAY MANUAL components) to stop future payments.
- Modified the HRS COMMON app package to change the search criteria on Find Applicants page in Recruiting.
- Developed new custom records and pages to track and monitor the employee movement into specific job codes, departments and combination of job code and department for FERC compliance. Developed new reports with this data using XML Publisher.
- Developed a program to convert Pension Payee data into Pension Admin tables and Additional Pay Data tables from HRMS 8.0 and HRMS 8.9 into HRMS 9.0.
- Developed a new benefits comments page that would enable benefits users to enter comments and document special situations by Benefit Comment Type.
- Customized the peoplecode on Health Benefits page to display most recent description for benefit plan for current row, and display description as of effective date of the plan code for all other rows.
- Developed new Benefits custom records and pages to store information on all the Benefit Plans that are outsourced, to associate existing benefit plans and group numbers to outsourced system plan numbers, and to maintain a history of the group numbers.
- Developed new custom page to track selected deferred comp elections for the Integrys employees and also excluded those deferred comp plans from the main savings plan component using peoplecode.
- Customized a LMS outbound interface SAS program to default the email address when an employee doesn't have an e-mail account in PeopleSoft or when their email address contains special characters.
- Developed a new page to act as an interface between the external Job Profile System and Jobcodes and using PeopleCode made sure that the system ties the Job Profiles to Employee's Positions.
Environment: PeopleSoft HRMS 8.0, HRMS 8.9, HRMS 9.0, HR, Benefits, Benefits Administration, Pension Administration, Organizational Development, Enterprise Learning, Payroll, DB2.
Confidential, Atlanta GA
- Worked as a key conversion team member in converting the data from legacy systems of Confidential local countries to the global PeopleSoft system.
- Enhanced the Conversion approach document that gives the detailed steps involved in the conversion process being implemented with Confidential .
- Developed the cut-over duration schedule for a production conversion run, with very detailed information about each and every step from start to finish including stopping the production batch processes, database backup, extract - transformation - load of the legacy data into staging environment, validation of the data, loading the data, and restarting the production batch processes.
- Developed the Position Creation program, which creates new positions for the active employees being converted, to enable it to work for one-to-one position incumbents.
- Customized the validation programs for all the tables being converted to process only the country specific population out of the total population given in the driver extract which has details about the entire population along with their legacy ID’s.
- Developed new batch programs to validate the data in HEALTH DEPENDNT and DIVERSITY before loading them into target database.
- Developed a program to archive the legacy id’s of converted employees for a cluster of countries, by saving them in PERS NID with a unique NATIONAL ID TYPE.
- Worked with the table set control pages, SET CNTRL REC record values that are used to define various setid values based on the set control values.
- Worked extensively in defining the setup values in target database to perform the validations on conversion data before loading it to the target database.
- Developed a program for COMPENSATION to allow zero compensation rate for HIRE rows as long as they are not the current rows.
- Customized numerous validation programs to correct the counters to help in reconciliation of the number of records read from staging database, number of errors found during validation process, and the number of records inserted.
- Developed a program to retrieve the database link between staging environment and target environment dynamically.
- Worked extensively in analyzing the errors found during validation process, created a detailed excel report, shared it with the local country liaison, and helped them troubleshoot the errors with the client.
- Customized the Reward Component Excel SQR report in e-Rewards, detailing the historical data for different variable pay rows and addition of new columns to reflect adjustments or overrides.
Environment: PeopleSoft HRMS 8.3, HR, NA Payroll, Global Payroll, Benefits, Position Management, e-Rewards, Oracle.