- For over 40 years, Confidential has provided technical support for several major software vendors.
- During that time Confidential has been involved with installation, quality assurance, in depth problem solving, and development of software.
- He has extensive experience with trouble shooting problems and providing timely resolutions.
- Prior to joining Oracle, Confidential was a Senior Technical Support Analyst performing DBA functions in a Mainframe environment using DB2/MVS.
- Software integration and applications professional with extensive project management, change management, systems architecture and optimization experience, and a background in team leadership. Collaborative team member with exceptional problem solving and decision - making skills, particularly in high pressure environments.
- Self-sufficient, driven, proactive, and able to design and execute multidimensional enterprise solutions.
- Keen ability to influence and align resources onto other product teams to successfully meet stakeholder program milestones.
- Experienced with Linux/Unix environments. Most assignments were done on Linux/Unix systems.
- Installation, configuration and administration of the PeopleSoft components were the primary responsibility.
- This involved being the DBA responsible for setting up the Databases in different products (Oracle, MSSQL, DB2).
- While the Database was being setup the other components were installed and configured.
- This included PIA, nVision, Application Servers, Process Schedulers, Webservers and Integration Broker.
- PUM (PeopleSoft Update Manager) was installed and configured.
- Maintenance was done applying any required for install or upgrade patches using Change Assistant.
- This included applying tax updates for PeopleSoft HRMS systems.
- The PeopleSoft Performance Monitor was installed and configured.
- The reports from the Performance Monitor generated information on the operation of PeopleSoft in the environment.
- Experience also extends into upgrades of PeopleTools and the application.
- With regards to maintenance, Oracle Opatch was used to apply critical updates to Oracle Databases.
- Support 24 X 7 is not an issue as that is what is required when you are onsite and performing an upgrade.
- Working around any regularly scheduled production jobs.
- Being flexible and learning the environment is very important.
- Every client site is unique and presents a different challenge.
- I have what it takes to solve problems and perform at a high level.
Oracle Platforms and Architecture: Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g; Application Development Runtime; Oracle Application Testing Suite (OATS); Secure Enterprise Search (SES)
Databases: DB2/UNIX 9.7, 9.5; DB2/MVS 9.1, 8.1 and 7.1; SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012
Hardware and Operating Systems: Windows XP. Vista, 7, 8; Windows 2003, 2008, 2012; Solaris 8, 9, 10; z/OS 1.8, 1.9, 1.10; HP-UX 11.11, 11.31; Red Hat Linux 5.0, 5.5, 6.3, 6.5; AIX 5.2, 5.3, 6.1, 7.1
Languages: COBOL; SQR; Unix/Linux Scripting; C++; IBM Assembler,JCL
Confidential, ISELIN, NJ
Technical Consultant, PeopleSoft Pratice
- Performed upgrade and implementation support for clients upgrading PeopleSoft and PeopleTools to more current releases of the Software on Oracle and DB2 databases.
- Also provided administration support.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Principal Consultant, PeopleSoft Enterprise Installation and Support
- Exhibited deep understanding of PeopleSoft solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes and technology designs.
- Performed installation, configuration and support of software; applied company methodology, procedures, and leading practices to help reduce risk, lower cost and accelerate adoption of technology solution.
- Demonstrated expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on complex customer engagements.
- Acted as team lead on projects, from planning phases through upgrades and migrations; effectively consulted with leadership of client organizations.
- Participated in business development activities; ensured technical environments, functional and technical specifications, programs, applications, and issues were adequately documented.
- Led problem solving, which required consideration of strategic plan and short term goals, the means by which to solve problems, and development of associated action plans.
- Developed strategies and roadmaps for projects, drove timelines, mitigated impact to schedule, set clear direction and managed resource engagement to minimize impact of overall project delivery.
Confidential, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Senior Technical Support Analyst
- Provided technical support for the DB2 Mainframe Catalog Products RC/Migrator, RC/Update, RC/Query, RC/Secure and Navigator.
- Performed DBA functions setting up test scripts to simulate customer environment for troubleshooting.
- Created DB2 Databases using the clients’ parameters in order to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Received many client letters of appreciation from management for service above and beyond.
Confidential, Lisle, IL
- Provided phone support for the Easytrieve and Easytrieve Plus family of products on the mainframe and PC.
- Also provided support for Teleview which provided multi window session capabilities on a single terminal window.
- Trained new employees on support procedures and product operation. Served as Lead Analyst for new products.
- Configured IMS and DB2 databases for testing new releases of Easytrieve and Easytrieve Plus.
- Provided support for an ePay implementation with HCM 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.55.
- The project was designed to provide access to employee paychecks over mobile devices. Configured a DMZ environment with PeopleTools, HCM and Weblogic.
- Provided administration support and creating SSL certificates for use with Weblogic and F5.
- Performed application troubleshooting for SQR programs.
- Installed and configured PeopleTools 8.54 and FSCM 9.2 in an Oracle Linux 5.11 Environment with Oracle Data Appliance. Installed and configured SES 126.96.36.199 and PUM on Oracle VM server.
- Applied maintenance using Change Assistant across multiple servers.
- Also applied maintenance to the SES Oracle DB using Opatch.
- Provided administration and DBA support with Oracle 12c.
- Performed verification testing on the demo database using scripts provided to the client.