- For over 40 years, Confidential has provided technical support for several major software vendors.
- During that time Confidential has been involved with installation, quality assurance, in depth problem solving, and development of software.
- He has extensive experience with trouble shooting problems and providing timely resolutions.
- Prior to joining Oracle, Confidential was a Senior Technical Support Analyst performing DBA functions in a Mainframe environment using DB2/MVS. Software integration and applications professional with extensive project management, change management, systems architecture and optimization experience, and a background in team leadership.
- Collaborative team member with exceptional problem solving and decision - making skills, particularly in high pressure environments.
- Self-sufficient, driven, proactive, and able to design and execute multidimensional enterprise solutions.
- Keen ability to influence and align resources onto other product teams to successfully meet stakeholder program milestones.
- Experienced with Linux/Unix environments.
- Most assignments were done on Linux/Unix systems.
- Installation, configuration and administration of the PeopleSoft components were the primary responsibility.
- This involved being the DBA responsible for setting up the Databases in different products (Oracle, MSSQL, DB2).
- While the Database was being setup the other components were installed and configured.
- This included PIA, nVision, Application Servers, Process Schedulers, Webservers and Integration Broker. PUM (PeopleSoft Update Manager) was installed and configured.
- Maintenance was done applying any required for install or upgrade patches using Change Assistant. This included applying tax updates for PeopleSoft HRMS systems.
- The PeopleSoft Performance Monitor was installed and configured.
- The reports from the Performance Monitor generated information on the operation of PeopleSoft in the environment.
- The reports were used for tuning and upgrading.
- Experience also extends into upgrades of PeopleTools and the application.
- With regards to maintenance, Oracle Opatch was used to apply critical updates to Oracle Databases.
- Support 24 X 7 is not an issue as that is what is required when you are onsite and performing an upgrade.
- Working around any regularly scheduled production jobs. Being flexible and learning the environment is very important.
- Every client site is unique and presents a different challenge. I have what it takes to solve problems and perform at a high level.
- Completed over 350 installs and certifications in multiple environments including Oracle/Unix, Oracle/Windows, Oracle/Linux, DB2/LUW, DB2/Mainframe, MSSQL 2005 and 2008.
- Installed and configured the latest releases of SES, WebLogic, WebSphere, and UPK.
- Performed upgrades on PeopleTools, Financials and HCM.
- Performed DBA functions including creation and backup of databases, setting security for users and applying the latest maintenance using PUM and Change Assistant.
- Performed migrations between production, test and qa environments using PeopleSoft Application Designer
- Installed and configured Windows 2008 R2, MSSQL 2008, Oracle 10g, 11g and 12c applying latest service packs.
- Configured PeopleSoft applications on Windows 2008 and 2012 services.
- Excellent communication skills: active listening, clear written and spoken two-way communication abilities.
- PeopleSoft Consultant and Project Manager
- Applications Solutions ~ System integration ~ Technology Leader
- Project Management
- Applications Development
- Data Conversion
- End User Training
Oracle Platforms and Architecture: Oracle 12c, 11g, 10g; Application Development Runtime; Oracle Application Testing Suite (OATS); Secure Enterprise Search (SES)
Databases: DB2/UNIX 9.7, 9.5; DB2/MVS 9.1, 8.1 and 7.1; SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012
Hardware and Operating Systems: Windows XP. Vista, 7, 8; Windows 2003, 2008, 2012; Solaris 8, 9, 10; z/OS 1.8, 1.9, 1.10; HP-UX 11.11, 11.31; Red Hat Linux 5.0, 5.5, 6.3, 6.5; AIX 5.2, 5.3, 6.1, 7.1
Languages: COBOL; SQR; Unix/Linux Scripting; C++; IBM Assembler,JCL
Confidential, ISELIN, NJ
Technical Consultant, PeopleSoft Pratice
- Performed upgrade and implementation support for clients upgrading PeopleSoft and PeopleTools to more current releases of the Software on Oracle and DB2 databases. Also provided administration support.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
Principal Consultant, PeopleSoft Enterprise Installation and Support
- Exhibited deep understanding of PeopleSoft solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes and technology designs.
- Performed installation, configuration and support of software; applied company methodology, procedures, and leading practices to help reduce risk, lower cost and accelerate adoption of technology solution.
- Demonstrated expertise to deliver functional and technical solutions on complex customer engagements.
- Acted as team lead on projects, from planning phases through upgrades and migrations; effectively consulted with leadership of client organizations.
- Participated in business development activities; ensured technical environments, functional and technical specifications, programs, applications, and issues were adequately documented.
- Led problem solving, which required consideration of strategic plan and short term goals, the means by which to solve problems, and development of associated action plans.
- Developed strategies and roadmaps for projects, drove timelines, mitigated impact to schedule, set clear direction and managed resource engagement to minimize impact of overall project delivery.
Confidential, Oakbrook Terrace, IL
Senior Technical Support Analyst
- Provided technical support for the DB2 Mainframe Catalog Products RC/Migrator, RC/Update, RC/Query, RC/Secure and Navigator.
- Performed DBA functions setting up test scripts to simulate customer environment for troubleshooting.
- Created DB2 Databases using the clients’ parameters in order to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Received many client letters of appreciation from management for service above and beyond.
Confidential, Lisle, IL
- Provided phone support for the Easytrieve and Easytrieve Plus family of products on the mainframe and PC.
- Also provided support for Confidential which provided multi window session capabilities on a single terminal window.
- Trained new employees on support procedures and product operation. Served as Lead Analyst for new products.
- Configured IMS and DB2 databases for testing new releases of Easytrieve and Easytrieve Plus.
- Provided support for an ePay implementation with HCM 9.2 and PeopleTools 8.55. The project was designed to provide access to employee paychecks over mobile devices. Configured a DMZ environment with PeopleTools, HCM and Weblogic. Provided administration support and creating SSL certificates for use with Weblogic and F5. Performed application troubleshooting for SQR programs. This was a DB2 mainframe environment
- Performed an Upgrade of PeopleTools production from 8.52 to 8.54 in a Unix environment with Oracle 12c. Created Production, Dev and Test environments installing and configuring PeopleTools, EPM and Weblogic. Setup security for the environments with PeopleTools.
- Installed and configured PeopleTools 8.54 and FSCM 9.2 in an Oracle Linux 5.11 Environment with Oracle Data Appliance.
- Installed and configured SES 220.127.116.11 and PUM on Oracle VM server.
- Applied maintenance using Change Assistant across multiple servers.
- Also applied maintenance to the SES Oracle DB using Opatch.
- Provided administration and DBA support with Oracle 12c. Performed verification testing on the demo database using scripts provided to the client.
- Assisted with the build of the Test, Sand and a second Demo environment creating the Web, Application and Process Scheduler domains using PSADMIN.
- Installed and configured PeopleTools 8.51 / FSCM 9.0 and 8.54 and 9.2 in a z/OS DB2 Mainframe environment for
- Configured the PUM environment and Change Assistant to apply maintenance and setup for the Upgrade.
- Performed trouble shooting for nVision.
- The 32 bit version of Microsoft Office was installed.
- Needed to have 64 bit version of Office installed.
- Created the Application Server, Web Server and Process Scheduler using PSADMIN.
- Configured and tested SES 18.104.22.168 which is a replacement for Verity.
- Verified the demo environment using certified scripts.
- Applied maintenance packs for Financials 9.0 in a Windows 2008 R2 environment in preparation for an upgrade to Financials 9.2.
- Setup and configured Change Assistant to apply maintenance to test and production environments.
- The Database environment was MSSQL 2008 R2.
- Installed and configured PeopleTools 8.54 and Financials 9.2 in a Linux 6 and Windows 2012 environment.
- Also performed environment health check of the Operating Systems.
- Created domains using PSADMIN. Setup and configured SES 22.214.171.124 along with PUM and Change Assistant.
- Created a Change Package which was used to apply maintenance across multiple environments.
- Setup Single Signon and Integration Broker.
- Ran verification scripts against demo.
- Performed load testing on and Certification of a PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 and Financials 9.2 environment using Oracle Application Testing Suite.
- Created load testing scripts to verify and validate the operation of a Pre-production environment on Linux 6.5 with Oracle 11g.
- Installed the latest version of IBM Infoserve (Ascential 8.5) in an Oracle 11g environment on Windows 2008.
- Applied maintenance to Infoserve and upgraded an existing 8.1 version of Infoserve to 8.5.
- Provided upgrade support.
- Created projects with Infoserve using EPM 9.1 HCM 9.1 maps.
- Converted the repository to use RAC processing.
- Also setup load balancing for the repository.
- Performed troubleshooting on setup of load balancing.
- Firewall was not open to the port being used.
- Performed evaluation of current PeopleSoft environment in preparation for an upgrade to HCM 9.2 and FSCM 9.2.
- Designed a recommended configuration for eRecruit for access outside of a firewall for end users.
- Trained staff on the new SES component of PeopleSoft 9.2 Financials and HCM.
- Installed and configured Financials 9.2 on Linux 6.5 for Emory University in preparation for an upgrade.
- Installed and configured SES 126.96.36.199 and PUM.
- Provided Upgrade and Administrator support for the new environment.
- Created Change Package to be used in multiple FSCM 9.2 environments.
- Assisted with the first pass of the Application Upgrade.
- Installed and configured PeopleTools and HCM / Campus Solutions 9.2 in preparation for an upgrade.
- Created a demo environment using PSADMIN to create an Application Server, Web Server and Process Scheduler.
- Applied maintenance using Change Assistant.
- Tested and Certified the environment using Certified scripts.