- 12years of Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution pension plans.
- Experience with PeopleSoft HRMS core modules; HR/Payroll of North America, Benefits, ESS, Time and Labor, and Queries.
- Extensive experience with FERS and DC Retirement Plans.
- 7years focused on PeopleSoft software v.8.9 to 9.1.
- Performing and supporting PeopleSoft functional unit testing, integrations testing, system testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Providing functional consulting services to clients.
- Complete task in an efficient and timely manner.
- Technical communication skills.
- The ability to improve the process of delivering solutions to clients.
- The ability to share suggestions and knowledge capital for optimizations of clients implementations methodology.
ERP Senior Systems Administrator
- Post implementation support and issue resolution.
- Reviewed eligibility and calculate retirement benefits for normal and early retirements.
- Rerun retirement calculations of retirees to in corporate new cost of living provision.
- Research employee history for employees currently in Deferred Retirement Plans and enter specific data fields in PeopleSoft.
- Set up terminated employees with vested pension into PeopleSoft.
- DCRB member population averages twenty - four thousand both active and retirees.
- Reviews, analyzes and verifies pension inquiries from DC Police, Firefighter and Teachers’ Plan members.
- Processes retirement applications and verifying accuracy of information by developing and documenting a written chronological order of events in a members work history by requesting, researching, investigating and analyzing pension data.
- Counsels’ employees on retirement-related rules, regulations and requirements; making determinations regarding creditable service, civilian deposits, re-deposits and post-1956 military deposits; and calculating retirement benefits.
- Determines benefit eligibility for (Federal and DC Employees Retirements, and Federal Group Life Insurance Programs), Retiree Health and Welfare eligibility, evaluate and determine retirement types’ member qualifies for and calculate Confidential amount under all Trust Fund plans.
- Reviews and processes, death benefits and applications, surviving spouse, QDRO’s, divorce decrees, disability applications and updates members records accordingly.
- Prepare and write appeals based upon Pension Plan rules.
- Perform and/or verify required calculation of: vesting credit, plan service credit, account balance, service breaks, and reconcile benefit payments and payroll deductions.
- Participate in managing the annual benefit processes such as annual enrollment, compliance testing and reporting, and required notifications.
- Work with auditors (internal/external) in examination of benefits plans and cases.
- Experience in, functional testing for PeopleSoft.
Jr. Program Support
- Processed request for earnings/employment information to Social Security Administration.
- Confirmed eligibility to receive benefits and verifies data for estimates of years of service worked via an in-house SSA computer line.
- Maintained and followed up on all SSA safeguard forms that are not signed by the participant in accordance with strict SSA requirements; that includes secured storage, and ensures that they are authorized and signed by the appropriate department manager.
- Resolved issues with the outside credit bureau; formulating a budget for the service and tracking cost.
- I was responsible for prompt and accurate disposition of approximately 1,000 checks that representatives of deceased payees of debtors mail to the Insurance Operations Department lockbox or to PBGC directly.
- Ensured that checks were deposited, recorded, routed, imaged, and appropriately credited back to the correct persons ledger on PRISM and PLUS.
Data Entry Specialist
- Processed payroll from time input to check distribution using ADP’s payroll for windows product; processing deductions for employees; responding to employee pay inquiries.
- Processed monthly union dues; calculate pay for new hires, terminations, family medical leave, and personal leave.
- Assisted with quality control report to correct annual enrollment data.