- Leading HCM transformation projects for more than 25 years on various ERP HCM platforms including: PeopleSoft, Oracle Fusion, and Workday. John has served in many different capacities including Functional Workstream Lead, Project Manager, Test Coordinator, IT Lead, and HRIS Business Analyst.
- Transformation engagements have spanned several industries including; K - 12 Education, Health Care and Life Sciences, Energy, Financial Services, Retail/Consumer, State & Local Government, and For-Profit Education.
- Demonstrated subject matter knowledge across the full spectrum of the hire-to-retire cycle with cross-functional experience in several functional areas including; Payroll, Time and Labor, Workforce Administration, Position Management, Benefits, Manger Self-Service, Employee Self-Service, and Talent Acquisition.
PeopleSoft HCM: Payroll, Time and Labor, Workforce Administration, Position Management, Base Benefits, Ben Admin, Manager Self-Service (MSS), Employee Self-Service ( ESS), Compensation, ePay, eBenefits, ePerformance, Security, Approval Work Engine (AWE), Workflow, SaaS integration design PeopleSoft HCM 9.2 / 9.x, SQL, PeopleTools, App Designer, SQR, Query, App Engine, AWE, Component Interface, Integrations, Fluid
Workday HCM: Functional knowledge of core business processes and system configuration, Business Process Testing, Integration Testing, Reporting Writer, EIB loads
Oracle HCM Cloud (Fusion): Setup Manager, Payroll, Quick Pay’s, Costing, Payroll Based Loader (PBL), BI Publisher (OTBI) Data Models and Templates
PeopleSoft HCM Implementation
- Conducted Payroll fit gap sessions to determine the scope of payroll functionality.
- Conducted conference room pilot sessions to demonstrate payroll functionality.
- Designed detailed functional and technical specifications for conversions, interfaces, customizations, and reports. Developed Payroll queries to augment delivered reports.
- Led payroll users through all testing phases including system testing, integration testing, and user acceptance testing.
- Designed a payroll parallel approach and conducted payroll parallel testing during several phases of the project life cycle.
- Provided production support and knowledge transfer sessions.
Workday HCM Implementation
- Conducted integration design sessions between WD Integration Team, System Integrator, IT, and 3rd party vendor.
- As Hands-on test lead created test plan and entered a large volume of transactions to cover the full hire-to-retire spectrum. Managed internal resources during the test phases.
- Worked directly with System Implementer and 3rd party payroll vendor to manage defect resolution.
- Worked with global HRIS teams to identify process & system issues.
- Worked with Change Management to implement process changes.
- Hands-on role with Data Management team for EIB data corrections
- Test Lead for payroll migration from SAP to ADP. Collaborated with HR, Payroll, Benefits teams to verify payroll conversion and parallel payroll calculation results.
- HRIS go-to resource for process and reporting questions.
Oracle HCM Cloud Implementation
- Experience with Setup Manage to configure core tables including payroll elements
- Execution of Payroll Flows and reports, running payroll and quick pay’s
- Payroll and Payroll report testing
- Utilization of Payroll Batch Loaded to for batch loads
- Hands on experience with OTBI for reporting and integration extracts