- Big 4 Principal Consultant with an MS in Accounting and 20 years of Project Management, implementation, upgrade, and production support experience, including nine years as Director of PeopleSoft Financial Systems for a global company, and 2 years as Direct of Sales Audit for a 750 - store retail chain.
- Consulting skills in Program Office, IV&V, Project Management, Vendor Management, Organization Change Management, Package Selection, Business Process Re-engineering, Requirements Gathering, Fit-Gap Analysis, Functional Design, Implementation, Upgrades, Application Change Management, Production Support, Activity-Based Management, Multi-Currency Accounting, GL Close, and Financial Reporting.
- Industry experience includes Manufacturing, Utilities, Agriculture, Retail, Transportation, Financial Services, Transportation, Federal, State and Local, and Telecommunications.
Confidential, Auburn, WA
PeopleSoft Finance Conversion Manager
- PM reporting to the Director of Finance for the implementation of PeopleSoft Financials and Student Finance.
- Establish the project plans for process transformation and organizational readiness to adopt the new PeopleSoft system into stable production at Go-Live.
- Manage the project team resources throughout the full life of the project including post-production support to ensure the organization is ready and able to adopt the system with a high level of excellence in process ownership, management, and execution, conducted in a well-controlled manner within a secured data-processing environment.
- Provide knowledge transfer for Commitment Control, Expenses, Purchasing, Payables, Asset Management, Grants, Contracts, Projects, Billing, Receivables, Treasury, Financial Gateway, General Ledger, Student Finance, Security, and Reporting.
PeopleSoft Financials PM/Contractor
- Managed, designed, configured, and delivered the centralized payroll bank account reconciliation process. This required the implementation of Payables, Receivables, Treasury, Financial Gateway, and General Ledger.
- Wrote the functional design specifications for a Custom-Developed interface module from PeopleSoft to the State’s AFRS (Automated Financials and Reporting System.
- Architected an interface from Student Financials into PeopleSoft Receivables to enable cash reconciliation utilizing delivered PeopleSoft Treasury Bank Reconciliation functionality.
- Provided production support for the Business Operation related to critical core processes including month end close readiness, GL Year End Close mapping and processing, and Cash Reconciliation and Inheritance across the enterprise.
- Delivered end-user production processing flowcharts across 12 applications.
- Designed and Developed an nVision report to reconcile Cash Control Accounts from the Trial Balance to the Finance and Campus Solutions applications where payments are processed.
Confidential, Madison, WI
Contractor, PeopleSoft Bill to Collect Production Support Lead
- Sole AR/Billing production support provider across approximately 100 state agencies. Also responsible for enhancements definition, functional specifications, testing and procedural rollouts to extend configuration, custom processing, and reporting.
- 9.2 PUM 25 application upgrade configuration and test lead for Billing and Accounts Receivable, including Interunit Billing through Payables with fully automated cash application from AP to AR.
- Implemented AP to AR Refunds processing with proper Cash Inheritance and Commitment Control revenue recognition.
- Utilized Receivables and Billing Workbench extensively for Roll-Forward Invoice testing and reconciliation. Tested all invoice and statement reports, and interfaces in/out of Billing and AR.
- Created query-based Roll-forward Customer Statement reconciliation process.
- Created support queries to ensure proper accounting and commitment control entries for billing and accounts receivable, including AR Cash Receipts and AP Refund processing.
- Created month-end checklists and reconciliation procedures and Queries across Billing, AR, AP, GL, Commitment Control and the proper recording of cash and collected revenue across Projects, Billing, and AR.
Billing, AR, Cash Management Implementation Lead
- PeopleSoft Billing, Receivables, Bank Reconciliation and Financial Gateway Application Lead for the implementation of PeopleSoft Financials for the Washington State Board of Community and Technical Colleges in Olympia, WA. The college system has over 400,000 students, making it one of the largest Higher Ed PeopleSoft clients in terms of processing diversity and complexity of operations.
- Configured and implemented PeopleSoft ACH processing via Financial Gateway, coordinating with IT and the Banks’ on-boarding teams.
- Designed and configured GL Inter/Intra Unit Accounting and Fund Balancing to achieve full inheritance across all ChartFields when processing cash transactions across Expenses, AP, AR, and Cash Management.
- Provided year-end close production support for two colleges that were already in production.
- Reconciled and corrected two prior-years of cash accounting across Payables, Expenses, Receivables, Treasury, Student Finance and Payroll.