An IT Professional with fifteen years of PeopleSoft HCM experience. As HCM Application Manager responsible for the application needs and production support of the functional users within Human Resources and Payroll. Possesses extensive Problem Resolution and Service Level Agreement experience, including managing an Application Management Support Services Vendor, providing support to end users and dealing with usage issues. Lead for PeopleSoft Query Reporting tool, prepared technical specifications and performed Product/Quality Assurance. Background includes managing a PeopleSoft upgrade from version 8.3 to 9.0, requirements gathering with internal and external personnel, as well as system user and acceptance testing. Expertise extends to managing and acting as the backup to PeopleSoft Security Administrator. Experience also includes System Design and Database Administration. Utilizes written and verbal communication skills in professional interactions, in handling production support, preparing requests for proposals, status reporting, developing training materials and providing coaching assistance.
PeopleSoft HR Technology Consultant / HRIS Analyst
- Designed and developed a Microsoft Access database application for use in the daily reconciliation of employee data moved nightly from PeopleSoft HRMS to SAP. Extracted raw data from PeopleSoft using SQL queries and reproduced data transformations in Microsoft Access, using the same specifications as the production data extract. Ran reconciliation and used various PeopleSoft tools, and SAP, to research discrepancies with the goal of resolving them.
- Prepared functional specifications and tested modifications made to PeopleSoft to ensure that the results met business needs and expectations.
- Used SQL and Excel to perform analysis of HRMS data.
PeopleSoft HCM Application Manager
- Responsibilities include managing the Port Authority's PeopleSoft environment including the contract with the Application Management Support Services vendor. Maintain regular contact with functional users, primarily those in the Human Resources Department, to ensure that their application needs are met. Project / Functional Lead
- PeopleSoft Upgrade Project 2008 . Managed the Port Authority upgrade of PeopleSoft from version 8.3 to version 9.0. Coordinated effort with Port Authority functional users and CedarCrestone Application Management Services team. Developed project plan, coordinated training and end-user communication. Responsible for System and User Acceptance Testing.
- Implementation, functional analysis and setup of PeopleSoft Self Service to allow staff to access personal information and view pay checks. Included the ability to view information from outside the Port Authority network.
- Implementation, functional analysis and setup of PeopleSoft Performance Management module.
- Validation, manipulation and analysis of data using PeopleSoft Query, SQL and Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Participated in the review of requirements to ensure adherence to HIPAA regulations for the implementation of company sponsored Medicare Part D plan.
- Manages the activities of contract staff that maintains PeopleSoft. Manages Oracle contract for software maintenance. Manages the lifecycle of PeopleSoft SUN servers including EOL activities and the cost justification and budgeting for replacement of EOSL hardware. Prepares PeopleSoft Support budget and monitors contract spending. Managed contract renewal process to enable the renewal of an Oracle PeopleSoft Support contract at a lower price. Prepared Request for Proposal RFP for PeopleSoft Application Management Support Services solicitation.
- Agency lead for PeopleSoft Query Reporting tool, including providing support to end users. Responds to second level Help Desk calls regarding PeopleSoft usage issues. Develops end user training material using STT a screen capture and training tool . Prepares technical specifications which translate end user requirements for support staff. Performs Quality Assurance on resulting product.
- Technical Lead -- PeopleSoft Query. Responsible for implementation of PeopleSoft Report Server, a nightly image of the production system used for end-user query. Develop queries for agency use. Provide coaching assistance for agency-wide users of PeopleSoft Query. Provide technical assistance in setting up training classrooms for PeopleSoft classes. Assisted in development of Query Training Manuals and job aids. Involved in the setup of the Oracle instance, PeopleSoft Web Services and scheduling of nightly batch jobs to refresh the query instance.
Senior Product Consultant / Quality Assurance Analyst
- Participated in the implementation of both PeopleSoft and SAP. Developed procedures and forms for access requests, application updates and operational issues. Managed and acted as a backup to, the PeopleSoft Security Administrator.
- Assisted Agency users in maintaining internally developed Microsoft Access applications. Project Leader for Year 2000 Century Date Change project, for a portfolio representing over 6 million in annual maintenance. Evaluated date simulation tools. Developed an MS Access system to track and monitor progress on the conversion effort. Provided assistance to staff in the use of the PC tools, particularly the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Reviewed documentation for newly developed and enhanced systems, to ensure completeness and compliance with standards. Implemented CCC/Harvest, a product used to provide software management for over 60 systems.
- Developed and implemented a metrics program to monitor staff activities, with an emphasis on cost recovery heavily based on internal IS time billing and project management systems. Provided standard and ad-hoc performance metrics reports.
- Prepared and coordinated the submission and audit of 3 million divisional budget for 5 IS divisions.
Principal Systems Designer / Project Leader
Responsible for overseeing the support of application systems, through all phases of the system development life cycle, for multiple business units General Services, Aviation, Port, Public Safety, Tunnels, Bridges and Terminals, Financial . Supervised a staff of 10 developers, including consultants.
DataBase Administrator Developed and enforced the procedures, standards and other documentation for the use of relational database technology DB2 and QMF at the Port Authority. Oversaw the implementation of numerous DB2 systems, including Payroll, Personnel and Benefits Contract Ledger Medical Appointment Book Port Lease Elevator Maintenance.
Increasingly responsible for the analysis, design, coding, implementation and supervision for the development of new mainframe computer PL/1 systems and the modification of existing systems in the Financial and Human Resources areas Utilized VSAM and ISPF/PDF.
PeopleSoft 7.0, 7.02, 8.3, 9.0, 9.1 Core HR, North American Payroll, Employee Self Service, Manager Self Service, Performance Management, Time and Labor, Benefits Administration, Talent Acquisition Management, PeopleTools I II, PeopleSoft Security, PeopleSoft Query, SQL, XML Publisher, STT, Microsoft Windows and Office Professional Suite Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint