- Sr. PeopleSoft Techno-Functional Analyst, Technical Team Lead, Functional Team Lead, PeopleSoft Security Administration, Financials, HCM/Payroll/Benefits/Time Labor Configuration, Implementation, Upgrade Test Lead/Manager, Project Manager, End User Trainer and STAT Change Management Lead.
- PeopleSoft HCM/FSM versions 6.0 9.1 full life-cycle implementations, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Hands-On Business Analysis, Business Process Re-design, Re-engineering and Standardization, Requirement Gathering, Fit/Gap Facilitation and Documentation, Functional Specification Development, Liaison to Technical Development Staff, Supervision of Functional and Technical Development, Unit Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration Testing, End User Training, Report Design, Test Script Creation, Interface Design and Testing, Product Assessment, Work Planning, System Administration, and Full Production Support.
- Federal/State/Local Government, Health, Education, Commercial, Public and Campus Solution Sectors.
- 16 years of experience with configuration and support of PeopleSoft HRMS/HCM/FSM, NA Payroll, Global Payroll, Time and Labor, ELM, Base Benefits, eBenefits, Ben Admin, PeopleSoft System Admin and Security Administration.
- PeopleTools and SQL Tuning
- PeopleTools Upgrade Process
- PeopleSoft Training Lead
- PeopleSoft Testing Lead/Manager
- PeopleSoft 6 9.1 Upgrade Process
- PeopleSoft Security Admin
- HPQC Test/Software Analysis
- SIT/SAT/UAT/QA Testing
- eBen Benefits Administration
- PeopleSoft Migration Process
- PeopleSoft Change Assistant
- PeopleSoft HCM Payroll
- PeopleSoft Data Mover
- PeopleSoft Time Labor
- PeopleSoft 6,7,8,8.8,8.9 9.1
- Development/Test Support
- Quest Stat CM Application
- PeopleSoft System Administration
PeopleSoft HCM Analyst
- Team Lead on the McKesson STAR Application and Application Server Archive Project. I was responsible for the following activities in dealing with McKesson STAR Applications:
- Meet with Lexington and Davie Medical Center Physical Storage Personnel to determine what their physical storage needs would be currently and for the future growth on Lexington and Davie Medical Centers.
- Work with the Procurement Team at WFBMC to determine which 3rd party archive software solution would be the best fit for Lexington and Davie Medical Centers.
- Created a McKesson STAR Archive Plan document to state the best plan of action for archiving existing online McKesson STAR data HR and Payroll and for the physical storage needs.
- Test Coordinator/Team Lead for SYSTEM, UAT and Regression Testing for the Lexington/Davie On-Boarding Project.
- Created Test Templates, Test Scripts, Test Cases and Test Manuals for the PeopleSoft 9.1 HCM, Payroll, Benefits, Time and Labor and Labor Distribution applications.
- I worked with the staff and trained them on how to run these scripts and report any defects found during the testing phases of the PeopleSoft 9.1 On-Boarding Project. This effort was for the SYSTEM, UAT and Regression Test phases of this project.
- I was the testing defect manager for issues discovered during any of these testing phases. I worked with the IT Tech person who the defect was assigned to for resolution prior to the next phase of testing would start.
- Training Class Scheduler/Coordinator for the PeopleSoft Training Classes. I utilized ELM 9.1 and the future 9.2 versions to schedule the PeopleSoft Training Classes for the employees of Lexington and Davie Medical Centers.
- I worked with the existing PeopleSoft System Admin to verify their development migration path and their need for applying all PeopleSoft patches, fixes, bundles, maintenance packs and tax updates in order to be current and to reduce the number of possible REMEDY Trouble tickets created by the USER Community.
- Performed PeopleSoft Security Administration while the staffed Security Administrator was out on vacation or unavailable.
- Created Test scripts, Test cases and Test Scenarios for the PeopleSoft 9.1 HCM, Payroll, Benefits and Time and Labor applications, and trained the staff to run these scripts and report any defects found during the testing phases of the PeopleSoft 9.1 Time and Labor implementation.
- Managed the HCM/Payroll and Time and Labor Defects log for resolutions and follow up testing of any defects logged into the system. We worked through each defect logged until every defect was retested and resolved.
- Worked with the HCM/Payroll and Time and Labor Team to review their current Pay Calendar and Hourly/Salary Payroll processes. Assisted with the necessary configuration to best suit their requirements for all of their diverse employee groups.
- Constant review and modification of the Time and Labor Rules for the PeopleSoft 9.1 Time and Labor Application.
- Assisted with the PeopleSoft 9.1 Time and Labor Training Sessions for everyone at Columbia College Chicago. Everyone who would either enter their own time or approve their workers' time was asked to attend these training sessions.
- Reviewed and updated the business process documents for the Payroll and Time and Labor Department's daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and end of year processing.
- Met with the PeopleSoft 9.1 Upgrade/Implementation Team for a weekly status meeting to discuss the current state and remaining schedule of activities for the upgrade of PeopleSoft 9.1 HCM and Time Labor 9.1 Implementation.
- Created queries in Query Manager and educated Payroll Team Members to use Query to increase their effectiveness.
- Worked with the Payroll and HCM Department Leads to create PeopleSoft 9.1 Upgrade test scripts, test cases and test scenarios for each of their departments. I worked with members from each of their teams until we had worked through all of the reported defects and retested each of them until all of the reported issues were resolved.
- Provided post go-live Time and Labor Implementation support for any and all Time and Labor approval, loading to payroll and reporting issues.
- Reviewed and updated the functional design documents as MedStar's requirements were addressed and/or modified.
- Ran the Payroll Test Scenarios in the designated PeopleSoft 9.1 payroll database and reported on the results. If a test script or scenario ran successfully, then it was reported as Successful . If a test script was found to be in error, then a defect was logged into our defect logging spreadsheet and followed up for resolution and retesting.
- Created a comparison process for ACH and Pos Pay data between their Lawson Payroll system and the newly implemented PeopleSoft 9.1 Payroll System. This compare process will be used during the next phase of Parallel Payroll testing between their legacy payroll system and the PeopleSoft 9.1 payroll system.
- Created a comparison process for the Leave Accrual data between their Lawson Payroll system and the newly implemented PeopleSoft 9.1 Payroll system. This compare process will be used to validate that PeopleSoft's Leave Accrual process is calculating MedStar's employees Leave Accrual correctly. The next use of the compare process will be during their next parallel payroll run between Lawson and PeopleSoft 9.1.
- Used Query Manager to create queries and comparable output for the PeopleSoft 9.1 Payroll and Leave Accrual comparison processes. These queries were built based on MedStar's current company structures and needed to be merged in order to have a comparable file with that of PeopleSoft's 9.1 Payroll data.
- Worked with the Leave Accrual Test Lead and the Time and Labor Test Lead to input 250 employees' time and data into the PeopleSoft Payroll system for testing purposes.
- Assisted with data input for several days in order to prepare for their next Parallel Payrolls between Lawson and PeopleSoft 9.1.
- Meet with the PeopleSoft 9.1 Implementation Team for a weekly status meeting to discuss the current state and remaining schedule of activities for the PeopleSoft 9.1 Payroll and Time and Labor Implementation.
- Reported on testing and/or payroll issues in our twice-weekly meetings in order to help expedite the testing schedule for additional Payroll Processing/Testing.
- Review process flow Visio diagrams that were created and/or updated after meeting with the User community and their Application Champions.
- Created Test scripts and Scenario templates that will be used for PeopleSoft 9.1 Upgrade test efforts. These templates will be used for HCM, Payroll, Interfaces, eBenefits and Benefits testing efforts.
- Created Test Scripts and Scenarios from newly created process flow diagrams in order to test PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 Upgrade functionality. Initially started creating the Action/Action Reason test scripts and scenarios identified as a priority by the JHAPL user community.
- Meet with PeopleSoft 9.1 Upgrade Project Manager for a weekly status meeting to discuss the current state and remaining schedule of activities for the PeopleSoft 8.9 to 9.1 application upgrade.
- Provide assistance with updating existing test scripts and scenarios as changes to the process flows occur. We get feedback from the user community and functional experts, so the test scripts and test scenarios must be changed in order to match the feedback and changes made to the process flows.
- Assist the Test Team Manager with the scheduling efforts of the test script and scenario creation. The test scripts and scenarios are made available to the user community to review and make additional comments or provide additional scenario suggestions for System and UAT testing.
- Created/Pulled existing data using Query Manager to help populate 200 test scenarios with the appropriate date elements.
- Perform System Testing of test scenarios in the PeopleSoft System Test environment, including Action/Action Reason, Business processes, Payroll processes, Quarterly and Year End processing/reporting and Training and Development processes.
- Logging of test scenario results into Excel Spreadsheet created as the Dashboard for reporting test scenario results.
- Report testing issues in our daily meetings to expedite the testing schedule for additional Payroll Parallel Processing/Testing.
- Worked with Staff Security Administrator on User Roles, Permissions Lists, Menus and Page access for the project.
- Review, assign and prioritize application defects as part of the PeopleSoft 9.1 implementation and merging of existing Perot Systems 8.9 customizations.
- Reviewed the release notes and functionality changes associated with each PeopleSoft patch/bundle/maintenance packs that are part of PeopleSoft 9.1 HCM, CRM, OBIEE and Portal applications.
- Manage the resolution of existing defects as created by the existing development and testing teams.
- Responsible for coordinating problem resolution and reporting to existing teams in Brazil, India and the USA.
- Assist the Stat Migration Team with the creation/modification of Stat Migration workflows for a streamlined approach to getting Stat CSR's and defect resolution migrated as quickly and successfully as required.
- Assist the DBA and Stat Migration Teams for the migration and reporting of existing resolution CSR's or PeopleSoft patches to resolve defects as reported in HPQC.
- Schedule and conduct a daily triage call for new defects discovered during the previous 24-hour period and have the new defects assigned to the correct person for the quickest resolution possible.
- Work with each of the Development, Interface, Conversion and OBIEE teams by reporting on, working through and resolving existing defects assigned to members of those teams.
- Provide daily and weekly defects analysis reports using HPQC to all team and project members that have defects assigned.
- Provide input into and attend project wide weekly Team Lead meetings for the PeopleSoft 9.1 implementation.
- Performed PeopleSoft System Administration tasks in order to maintain the new IPPS-A Project environment.
- Team Lead for the PeopleSoft Configuration Data/Object Change Management Team for the IPPS-A Project.
- Reviewed the release notes and functionality changes associated with each PeopleSoft patch/bundle/maintenance packs that we were installing into the IPPS-A environments as one of the PeopleSoft System Administrators.
- Assisted with Fit/Gap analysis and requirements management for PeopleSoft HCM 8.9 to 9.1.
- Created the initial development and test migration workflow paths for all PeopleSoft object migrations for the created PeopleSoft environments.
- Installed Financials MP1, MP2, MP3 and MP4 for the upgraded PeopleSoft Financials 9.1 application using Oracle/PeopleSoft's Change Assistant Utility. We made all of the additional online changes as described by the Maintenance Pack documentation and tested the application successfully.
- Installed HCM MP1, MP2 and remaining Global Payroll Tax Bundles for the upgraded PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 application using Oracle/PeopleSoft's Change Assistant Utility. Global Payroll Tax Bundles are included in each of the MP's, but we were asked to apply all of the available Global Payroll Tax Updates and not wait on the release of HCM MP3. I made all of the additional online changes as described by the maintenance pack and Global Payroll Tax Update documentation and tested the application successfully.
- Responsible for the downloading, documenting, and the installation of the appropriate PeopleSoft patches, fixes and maintenance packs associated with each of our licensed PeopleSoft applications. I would reapply any customizations if required.
- Documented process and procedures for the change control process of migrating code changes and application fixes throughout the PeopleSoft environments.
- Assisted with Quality Assurance of Interface Requirement Documentation for the IPPS-A project.
- Worked on the PeopleSoft System Administration team for the implementation of PeopleSoft HRMS 8.8 for the DIMHRS Project. These applications included HRMS, Global Payroll, Benefits, EPM, Portal, ELM and Financial applications.
- Member of the PeopleSoft Upgrade Team to upgrade the PeopleSoft applications from 8.8 to 8.9 MP1 because of the Global Payroll Rules engine included in 8.9 MP1.
- Member of the PeopleSoft PeopleTools Upgrade Team for PeopleTools 8.45.15.
- When applying Global Payroll Tax Updates, I worked closely with the GP Team to ensure that we would not overwrite any of the customized GP Pins or GP Rules created for the DIMHRS project. We also verified testing of the GP Tax Update with the GP Team before migrating the GP Tax Update to the next of fifteen HCM databases in the migration path.
- Tested PeopleSoft functionality after patch/bundle/maintenance pack installation in the DMO environment. Worked closely with development staff for the migration of the patch/bundle/maintenance packs into the development environment. I would reapply customizations if necessary.
- Downloaded, documented, and installed the appropriate PeopleSoft Maintenance Packs, Bundles, patches and fixes associated with each of our licensed PeopleSoft applications using the Oracle/PeopleSoft Change Assistant Utility. We currently have twenty-two PeopleSoft applications licensed and over sixty PeopleSoft database environments for this project. My responsibilities were to keep all of these databases in sync with the Maintenance Packs, Bundles, Global Payroll Tax Bundles, and individual patches and fixes that are required to correct PeopleSoft functionality.
- Assisted the test team for developer testing, software testing SWT , system integration testing SIT and system acceptance testing SAT . We verified these test results before continuing with the migration of the developed code to the next database environment on the migration path Development, Test, Control, Quality Assurance, then Production and Backup Production environments .
- Team Lead for the Change Management/Change Control Migration team for the DIMHRS and IPPS-A Projects.
- My team created a STAT development domain for upgrading and testing purposes. This enables us to troubleshoot any STAT issues or upgrades without compromising our existing production STAT environment. We are a Beta customer for Quest, and we install and test the newest versions of Stat.
- Assisted with the design of the PeopleSoft configuration database migration path for all applications.
- Assisted with the development, test, and production migration and workflow paths for all PeopleSoft object migrations and 3rd party application migrations using the Quest STAT CM product.
- Created a PeopleSoft patch installation workflow for the purposes of installing and recovering PeopleSoft patch objects. There are times when the PeopleSoft patch needs to be backed out or the original PeopleSoft objects restored. This workflow, along with pre-migration archive sets, allows us to restore original objects prior to the application of the PeopleSoft patch objects.
- Continued to upgrade and test the Quest STAT product, starting with version 4.1 up to 5.4.2 currently. We were Quest's Beta customers for local API's within Quest STAT 5.1.1a.
- Monitor, maintain, and correct the findings of the DDDAUDIT and SYSAUDIT reports for the sixty plus databases on this project. Our teams' goal is to have perfect migrations to clean DDDAUDIT and SYSAUDIT database environments.
- Responsible for reviewing and setting up the PeopleTools 8.44.09 to 8.45.15 upgrade path between the HCM, EPM, Portal, ELM and Financial databases.
- Conducted full database compares between HRMS 8.8 SP1 and the new 8.9 MP1 release. These compare reports were used to evaluate the possibility of upgrading to the new 8.9 release.
- Installation of the Change Assistant and Upgrade Assistant tool as provided by PeopleSoft.
- Updated and modified the migration paths and workflows to incorporate the ever-changing world of new groups and newer database environments.
- Assist the Data Conversion/Interfaces teams with and all outstanding issues that may prevent them from making their deliverable dates. This included creating additional migration workflows as needed.
- Assisted with the development of the Change Request flow for all configuration data loads. All functional and technical leads must use this process before we load any new configuration data into our pristine configuration database.
- Managed the migration of all of the necessary configuration data values for each of the PeopleSoft applications that we are currently licensed for.
- Setting up their current Unix/Oracle environment for the version 8.3 upgrade.
- Responsible for upgrading Lexington Medical Center's HRMS/Payroll from version 7.5 to version 8.3.
- Installation of the new version of PeopleTools 8.18.10 for the upgraded 8.3 applications.
- Installation of the Upgrade/Change Assistant tool as provided by PeopleSoft.
- Lead Upgrade Analyst to run all of the HRMS/Payroll upgrade steps.
- Upgrade and application patch/fix coordinator for HRMS/Payroll/eBenefits 8.3.
- Testing and tuning coordinator during the Test Moves to Production upgrade passes.
- Final testing and problem resolution as the newly 8.3 database was put into production.
- Time Labor patch coordinator and installation lead.
- Time Labor Load Runner test script design team.
- Time Labor rule setup team.
- Time Labor performance testing/tuning team.
- Payroll patch coordinator and installation lead.
- Managed five 5 different development databases or domains current with all patches, fixes, and locally created/modified projects.
- Total System Administration for both the Payroll and Time Labor implementations.
Additional Responsibilities Include, but not limited to:
- Member of the PeopleSoft Application Security Administration Team for WorldCom, Inc.
- PeopleSoft 8.3 Team Lead - Responsible for training WorldCom employees on how to complete an HRMS 8.3 upgrade using the Upgrade Assistant Tool. Domestic HRMS 7.5 to 8.3 upgrade completed successfully.
- PeopleSoft 8.0 Upgrade Team - Responsibilities included installing, configuring, and running the PeopleSoft 7.51 to 8.0 SP1 HRMS application upgrade steps using the Upgrade Assistant and PeopleTools 8.16.03.
- Attended PeopleSoft version 8 classes for PeopleTools, Upgrade Assistant, and Data Management Security.
- PeopleSoft Security Administrator - Team lead for the implementation and modification of PeopleSoft online security. These included operator security, reporting/query security, and object security for 8SP1 and 8.3.
- Applied the PeopleSoft delivered patches/fixes/ tax updates 99C through 2002B to the WorldCom PeopleSoft HRMS and Payroll modules.
- Upgraded PeopleTools from 7.56 to version 7.58 and 8.14 to version 8.16.03.
- Co-Developed the Object Migration path procedure for applying PeopleSoft patches fixes to the development, QA, and production databases 28 databases including international .
- Maintained the PeopleTools object integrity for 28 PeopleSoft Oracle 8.1.6 databases during the development, quality assurance, and production international and domestic phases of implementation.
- Trained WorldCom employees as the new PeopleSoft Administrator, including tax updates, patches fixes, object migration and PeopleSoft operator, object, query security.
- Installed, configured, tuned, and supported the logical/physical application servers and process schedulers.
PeopleSoft Upgrade Team Oracle/Unix
- PeopleSoft Security Administrator - Team lead for the implementation / modification of PeopleSoft online security. These included operator security, reporting/query security, and object security.
- Team Lead for applying PeopleSoft delivered patches fixes for the Sprint PCS PeopleSoft Financials modules.
- Team Lead for any and all object migrations into demo, development, testing, QA, and production databases.
- Trained the Sprint PCS staff on object migration and PeopleSoft security practices.
- Developed project plans for tracking upgrade steps and timings of each upgrade step.
- Reviewed customer connections daily for any modifications to the 6.0 to 7.5 upgrade scripts.
- Designed the 5.11 to 5.12 to 7.01 upgrade project plan, which included re-applying customer customizations, parallel testing, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Responsible for applying all of the necessary tax updates for year-end processing.
- Trained Whirlpool employees on how to install PeopleSoft delivered tax updates for version 7.01.
- Managed the migration/implementation of PeopleSoft delivered and Whirlpool customized code elements and transferred these elements to the IBM 390/DB2 mainframe.
- Documented the HRMS 5.12 to 7.01 upgrade project plan. Included in the upgrade project were 5.12 backup procedures, upgrade scripts and their timings, parallel testing procedures, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Ran the 5.12 to 7.01 comparison reports along with the re-implementation and testing of Whirlpool customizations for the HRMS 7.01 upgrade.
- Team Lead for the three-tier application server installation team. Responsible for researching several existing IBM 390/DB2 PeopleSoft customers to verify the benefits of three-tier application servers in a DB2 environment. Assisted with the necessary budget requirements and hardware procurement procedures.
- Installed the necessary Year-End tax updates for their first year-end processing.
PeopleSoft Unix/System Administrator Oracle/Unix
- Responsibilities included PeopleSoft and DG/UX Unix security administration.
- Member of the HRMS 5.12 to 6.0 upgrade team. Responsible for running/verifying of the upgrade scripts.
- Created upgrade project plan for the 5.12 to 6.0 HRMS upgrade.
- Implemented the standards and procedures for migrating PeopleSoft objects, software modifications, and patches/fixes through our development, testing, staging, and production instances.
- Established operator security for PeopleSoft HRMS/Financials and UNIX system security for the DG/UX platform.
Unix System Administrator
Employed by Bellsouth as a Unix System Administrator. My responsibilities ranged from a Unix Systems Administrator to the BellSouth Systems Security Administrator for the LMOS/Predictor application and other networked element systems. Member of the Security Team and would help research and resolve possible security issues when reported. My responsibilities were for the entire 9 state Southeast Region as part of South Central Bell that became BellSouth Services.