Confidential is an experienced Treasury SME, Business Process Analyst and a PeopleSoft Certified Financial Management Consultant with over 25 years of experience in Accounting, Financial Management and Management Consulting, including 14 years as Senior ERP Project Manager and Business Process Analyst. Narayan was working as a Process Specialist/ Project Manager for PeopleSoft, Inc for over 2 years and participated in several PeopleSoft projects including as a Design / testing member at PeopleSoft development center at Pleasanton, CA for PeopleSoft 8.40 release. He has been involved in the design, development, implementation, and customization of various PeopleSoft 8X / 9X Financials, Treasury and EPM applications. These include an extensive background in the development of technical and business process design, project planning strategies, gap analysis, data mapping, system configuration, testing strategies and data conversion. Project Management strengths include an ability to effectively communicate with project sponsors, team members, technical support and end users. Multiple implementation experience with Treasury Cash and Deal modules including Financial Gateway, bank statement processing, cash concentration, settlements and accounting, widely traded securities such as fixed income debt, interest rate swaps, caps, floors, futures, options FAS133, FAS140 and accounting associated with them. Narayan is a qualified Chartered Accountant Equivalent to CPA of the USA with over 15 years of experience in Financial Accounting, IFRS conversion, US and multi GAAP systems.
ERP Systems: PeopleSoft Financials GL/AR/AP/PO/AM/BI/EX/KK , Treasury Cash, Deal Risk Management ESA CA/PC and EPM Budgeting, Global Consolidations suites Versions 7.5, 8.0,8.3, 8.4, 8.8 and 8.9 and PeopleTools and PeopleCode.
SAP R/3 FI / CO and SEM Versions: 3.1G, 3.1 H, 4.0B, 4.6B and 4.6C.
Good working knowledge in Oracle Financials Version-11i and conceptual knowledge in Object Oriented Programs.
Operating Systems: Windows for workgroups, Windows NT, Windows 2000, XP and UNIX.
Database: Oracle, MS SQL Server, Access
Applications: Financials, Treasury, ESA, SCM, EPM, Controlling and SEM
Project Mgmt Tools: Primavera Enterprise Progress Reporter and MSFT Project.
Testing Tools: Rational Clear Quest, Win Runner and Mercury testing tools
- Over 25 years of functional experience in Financial Accounting and Treasury.
- Over 10 years of PeopleSoft Project Management / Implementation in Financials and EPM Suites.
- Over 14 years of consulting experience in ERP Project Implementations.
- Very strong analytical skills combined with leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Expert in the Integration of PeopleSoft Applications.
Working as a Solution Manager and PeopleSoft Treasury SME on the Kyriba to PeopleSoft Financials integration project for ITC Holdings. ITC is in the process of implementing Kyriba Treasury Management System TMS for centralized electronic payment processing, investment and debt management processes. As part of the Treasury Management System integration project, business processes relating to Treasury Accounting operations will be integrated with PeopleSoft Financials and the integration project team would address any business process changes due to the implementation of the new Treasury Management system. As part of Kyriba Treasury Management integration TMS with PeopleSoft Financials, we were developing several custom programs to import and export the transactional data between the two systems by keeping the data integrity and security within the PeopleSoft system.
The following are the responsibilities on the project:
- Define project scope for the integration project and identify integration points
- Generate accounting entries and synch with PeopleSoft GL and AP systems
- Short term and Long term Debt and Investment Management
- Third party Check printing
- Lockbox consolidation
- Straight-through electronic payment processing
- Inter-company Settlements
- Automatic Bank Reconciliation
- Cash Positioning and Liquidity Reporting
- Prepare project plan, budget, resources and monitor progress
- Conduct business process sessions with the users
- Identify and evaluate the following interface requirements:
- Kyriba to PeopleSoft AP for the Bank Reconciliation Status update
- PeopleSoft Financials GL/AP to Kyriba Cash balance for forecasting
- Lockbox realignment and interface modification
- Kyriba TMS to PeopleSoft GL For all auto ACH debit activity journal entries
- Kyriba TMS to PeopleSoft GL For all non vendor related payment journal entries
- All Wire Instructions from PeopleSoft Financials to Kyriba TMS
- PeopleSoft Financials AP to Kyriba TMS with AP ACH payment instructions
- Develop Functional and Technical Design Specifications FDS for the custom interfaces
- Design the custom application based on the FDS/TDS for the Data Exchange
- Integrate PeopleSoft AP, AR, TR and GL with Kyriba Treasury
- Develop Custom Reports
- Prepare testing strategies
- Prepare data conversion, deployment and transition strategies.
- Manage project documentation and deliver
- Managed a Team of 6 Resources including technical and key functional consultants.
Worked as a PeopleSoft Treasury Solutions Manager on the PeopleSoft Treasury Assessment project initiative of AARP http://www.aarp.org/ based at Washington, D.C. AARP is a leading nonprofit organization having members in all 50 states that helps people age 50 and over have independence, choice and control in ways that are beneficial and affordable to them and society as a whole. As part of the Finance Transformation and FSCM implementation initiative, I am engaged as a PeopleSoft Treasury SME and Lead consultant to help the customer implement the integrated Treasury system. AARP has made significant short term and long-term investments and generates significant amounts of cash from their members towards insurance and other benefits provided to their members. From a business process angle, AARP's activities would closely resemble that of an Insurance Provider or a financial services company having significant cash in-flows and out-flows from their members/customers. AARP will be using PeopleSoft Financial Gateway application for their electronic payment processing. The centralized Financial Gateway will act as a repository for all electronic payment requests that include ACH PPD, CCD and CTX , Fed WIRE, Direct Debit DD , Credit Card Payments, Payment Acknowledgements, and ACH Returns. In addition to the payment processing the Bank Statements and Positive Pay files would be routed through the Financial Gateway system. AARP is planning to use the Current day cash Positioning, Prior day comparison and Cash Forecasting features along with a robust Bank Reconciliation, Bank Statement Accounting, investment/cash pooling and Financial sanctions OFAC interface .
SME / Functional Lead PeopleSoft Treasury
Working as a Treasury SME / Functional Lead on the PeopleSoft 9.0 Treasury / Deal Management SFS Project for the State of New York with the IBM team. The Statewide Financial System SFS Program is a New York State government initiative to replace its over 25-year-old Central Accounting System and several agency financial management systems with one integrated, statewide system. The Statewide Financial System SFS will provide financial management functions and information to all New York State agencies, while enabling New York's control agencies, the Office of the State Comptroller OSC and the Division of the Budget DOB , to perform their constitutionally separate oversight functions all within a single, integrated environment. Using Oracle PeopleSoft software, the SFS is to be deployed statewide in conjunction with business process improvements and standardized best practices, to reduce state costs and improve government performance, integrity and accountability. I am working as a PeopleSoft Treasury Subject Matter Expert and Senior Functional consultant with IBM on their complex custom CDM Reporting Cash and Debt Management project. The deliverables include analyzing the legacy QED system, Shadow System and Debt Management system reports and design the legacy reporting requirements using PeopleSoft / OBIEE tools about 30 reports .
Many of the legacy reports need a custom solution to be built-in including customizing the interest and cash flow calculations on the report itself. The following reports were designed for the SFS program under IBM's scope: