Results oriented leader with comprehensive technical and functional background seeking position to leverage business intelligence, project management and process improvement skills.
Summary PMP certified Professional with 9.5 years of IT experience in implementing Enterprise Wide Business Intelligence and IT solutions. Experienced working with strong process driven organizations and upper level management. Outstanding communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experienced in Project management, Operations management, Business/Technical leadership, Strategic planning, Business Analysis and process Improvement.
- Full Life cycle development (SDLC) experience from conception to growth phase.
- Successfully delivered the projects within schedule and budget constraints.
- Strong in customer management, risk management, production management, process implementation (ITIL & ISO 9000:2001) and improvements
- Develop and document business requirements, data warehouse design, project plans, risk documents and weekly status reports for the respective projects.
- Experienced in Retail(both IT and functional), Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing, Automotive and Aviation domains.
- Strong Enterprise applications Delivery and support experience.
- Applied project management skills to establish, plan, organize and implement test plans and strategies within the constructs of the Project Life Cycle.
- Design of data warehouse health sub-system (QA, ETL and Query metrics)
- Implemented EDW Best Practices and standards.
- Very strong team player and Individual contributor.
- Mentoring & developing junior staff.
- Managing cross-functional, multi site (on shore/off shore model) and cross cultural teams.
- Worked collaboratively with various global business partners to coordinate all aspects of the project, including organizational change, facilities and technology.
Operating Systems: Windows, UNIX Databases: Oracle 10g, SQL Server 2003 Languages: SQL Data Warehouse/BI: Business Objects XI 3.1 Data Integrator, Business Objects Enterprise 6.5, Informatica 7.1, Erwin, MS Visio, Toad, MS Project Source Systems: SAP 4.6 Related Skills: Very Large Enterprise Data Warehouse Modeling and design, OLAP, Data Warehouse solutions, Critical online, Batch and Decision Support Applications Trainings: Project Management, ISO 9000:2001, ITIL, Business Objects XI 3.0, Informatica 7.1, Oracle 9i, UNIX
Certifications & Trainings
Certification: PMP certified. Project Management: 48 hrs of PMP Training, MS Project Technical: Business Objects XI 3.0, Informatica 7.1, Oracle 9i, UNIX Processes: ISO 9001:2000, ITIL
Confidential (04/08-Till Date) Client: Confidential Project Management
- Identified development, quality and resource risks, assessed them and documented risk responses for them.
- Assigned project tasks to the team members.
- Prepared project quality management plan and implemented quality processes for the project.
- Daily/weekly project status review resulting in better control on scope, schedule, costs and project risks.
- Effectively communicating with team members and other stakeholders on various issues.
- Implemented all approved change requests, corrective actions and preventive actions. Performed defect repair review.
- Verified deliverables confirm to the requirements (scope verification). So far 3 data marts delivered.
- Data Analysis, Trend analysis, Data Profiling and validation and architecture design using Hybrid Model.
- Identifying opportunities for data reusability.
- Implemented 6 subject areas of Aviation Enterprise Data Warehouse, resulting in more accurate reporting.
- Define and set up ETL Architecture there by laying foundation for all future Iterations.
- Defined and designed the strategy to source data from Oracle CDC tables into EDW.
- Set up standards and convention and processes for Integration environment.
- Recommended several performance improvement techniques to improve data loading and retrieval.
- Acts a single point of contact for Data Integrator tool.
- Defined and set up testing process.
Confidential, Bangalore (03/07-03/08) Confidential (Singapore/Bangalore) Project Management
- Developed and controlled project schedule, quality management plan.
- Managed delivery of solutions as per schedule and under budget.
- Execution of project tasks, activity duration estimation, prepared project schedule and kept the schedule under control.
- Risk Identification, assessment, risk response planning and continued risk monitoring & control.
- Managed BO upgrade project involving 3 POC’s and successfully rolled over the tool set to production.
- Project status reporting to Unilever management.
- Mentored team members and initiated team building activities.
- Managing costs.
- Sole responsibility for Unilever supply chain, finance and sales data warehouse supporting reporting and analytical needs of 15 countries.
- Recommended new Infrastructure Architecture for BI Solution. The architecture was accepted resulting 40% improvement in performance.
- Analysis of business requirements and Solution design for Sales, Promotions, Receivables, POS Transactions and Invoices.
- Reviewed logical and physical design for all enhancements projects.
- Established Best practices, standards and conventions (definition, naming, abbreviation)
- Evaluation of new software upgrades and Manage Software upgrades project end to end.
- Implemented Performance tuning in ETL and Oracle to improve data processing by 15%.
- Liaisons with vendor on product bugs and resolve issues.
- Liaison with IT Department and business users to audit and test Integrity of Information in the data warehouse.
- Principally contributed in implementing ISO 9001:2000 Quality standards for Integration team in Unilever. Unilever was certified for ISO 9001:2000 standards.
Confidential: Trevorse, Hyderabad (08/06-03/07) Project Management
- Developed project scope, created project plan and WBS.
- Executed project tasks, identified project risks and documented risk actions.
- Managed vendor resources efficiently to successfully deliver projects on time and under budget.
- Reported project status weekly, implemented approved changes.
- Implemented testing plans as per project life cycle.
- Managed operations support from development perspective.
- Principally contributed in Defining and establishing Project Management and Data Warehouse Life Cycle processes.
- Designed Finance Data Mart enabling the company to correctly analyze the profitability of the company based on contribution and operating margins.
- Architected and designed the Sourcing Data Mart providing visibility to GE Water to analyze indirect procurements of the Company.
- Designed and published document templates for all deliverables, reducing development time by 20% due to better quality documentation.
- Tuned ETL interfaces and Oracle data base to improve the performance by 40%.
Confidential: Bangalore, Palo Alto (01/03-07/06) Leadership
- Headed project to conduct Voice of Workforce face to face survey for the entire division. Recommendations were implemented at the division level.
- HP Star Stocks for leadership and Continuous High Performance.
- Created WBS, estimated duration for activities involved in design, development & testing, developed & controlled schedule and continuously verified scope during project life cycle.
- Effectively managed Risks by doing Risk Identification, assessment, risk response planning and continued risk monitoring & control.
- Managed a team of 12 engineers (located in multiple countries) to successfully roll out multiple applications and provide support to entire supply chain community of HP.
- As a project lead, managed various projects in Data Warehouse, ODS, support and Data Quality and delivered them on time and under budget.
- Executed assigned project tasks, Interviewed and selected resources, allocated resources to project tasks, mentored and trained team members, managed vendors and vendor resources.
- Implemented workarounds/change requests resulting due to change in design.
- Performed project tracking, effort and resource estimation and project status reporting, ensuring projects do not go out of scope, verified project meets ISO quality standards.
- Established weekly communication between virtual teams. Arranged several team building activities.
- Implemented ITIL processes to streamline and improve efficiency and productivity of the support team. The number of issues reported reduced by 20% year over year.
- Developed Operations support guide and developed online training modules for support teams in India and Mexico for HP, reducing the training effort by 3 days for each new hire.
- Designed and developed tools to reduce manual work involved in providing technical support in HP there by reducing the workload equivalent of 3 FTE.
- Requirements gathering to implement data quality rules in DWH. Preformed data analysis and reported more than 500+ data quality issues that improved data accuracy of 2 TB DWH.
- Designed and modeled 5 new subject areas (using star schemas & ERwin) to data warehouse (with 4000+ users), enabling the company's goal of complete business data analysis.
- Converted 30 Data Quality business rules to functional specifications and reviewed technical design to improve the data quality of Supply Chain Data Warehouse and ODS.
- Managed the user acceptance testing for data quality tool with 50 users and go-live of the tool.
- Deployed 5 new supply chain applications to production with out any critical issues post production.
- Integrated Compaq applications and data with HP's supply chain data warehouse within the time lines set for merging the two company's data.
- Designed (star schema & ERwin) and developed 30 new ETL interfaces (using Informatica).
- Designed and developed universes and webi reports for subject area like Receipts, purchase orders, Supplier Planned Deliveries and Supplier Part Master.
Past Experience Confidential, Bangalore, (07/02-12/02); Confidential, Chennai, India, (01/01-07/02), Confidential, Chennai - Internship Project (06/00-12/00)
Business Process improvement
- Conducted business process AS-IS study of systems and processes for Mando Brakes (Hyundai Vendor) and recommended TO-BE Solution using IFS ERP package. The recommendations were accepted by the client.
Systems Implementation and Development
- Installed and configured IFS ERP package for Purchasing, Manufacturing and Supply Chain modules for Mando Barks(Hyundai Motors Supplier) within in budget and schedule.
- Managed Library Management system for IIIT-B and introduced new features, reduced response time by 30%.
- Designed and developed B2B and B2C portals for Antarix to help company gain vital foothold in the online trading space.
- Improved the PVCS quality management software; customized some features to suite the requirements of Quality team of HCL.
- Confidential, Bhopal (India) April 1998 - Sept 1999, Marketing Executive
- Confidential. Gwalior (India) Oct 1997 - Mar 1998, Production In-charge
PGDIT (M.Tech) Bachelor of Technology (University Merit Scholarship during B.Tech for obtaining top rank.)