EDUCATION: Confidential UNIVERSITY Graduate Studies - MBA
Confidential COLLEGE BA - Business Management
Confidential College AAS - Electronics Technology
CERTIFICATIONS: PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), Member of the Project Management Institute (PMI), Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Certified, ITIL Certified
SUMMARY: An accomplished senior level information technology professional with a demonstrated track record of success in applying technology to improve business performance for a major multi-national corporation. Career experience in the Full Project Life Cycle development and effective management of teams implementing hardware, software and process improvements to maximize efficiency and reduce costs. Skilled in management, project consulting, vendor management, and strong understanding of data center operations and security. A team leader, leading by example and who can communicate with individuals at all levels.
12/08 – Present Confidential (Contractor) – Dallas, TX
Project Manager for Global Infrastructure Outsourcing Services
- Project Manager for complex, high-risk, strategic projects for regional Utility client and other global customers, meeting business objectives through Strong Project Management.
- Managed other ONCOR Electric Services projects related to their new intelligent metering system.
- Managed projects related to Disaster Recovery/Business Continuity.
- Managed data center migrations and SAN storage remediation and migration projects.
12/07 – 10/08 Confidential– Fort Worth, TX
IT Program/Project Manager, Corporate Project Office.
- PMO Program Manager in charge of managing major corporate improvement initiatives. The enterprise large-scale initiatives address the client’s need to implement a speed-to-market competitive product and IT governance.
- Program manager for financial application.
- Full lifecycle SDLC
- Implementation of locally developed applications and COTS Enterprise Apps
- Interfacing with BAs, BPAs, Developers, customers and stakeholders.
3/05 – 12/07 Confidential.,
Confidential. – Fort Worth, Texas
Technical Project Manager/ IT Infrastructure/Consultant/Technical Account Manager (TAM)
- Technical project manager providing professional project management services for infrastructure, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, Security, and ITIL Service Desk implementation to American Airlines and other clients and internal teams. Effectively managed expectations; planning solutions; developing execution plans and direct resources to complete the timely implementation of projects to a satisfactory resolution.
- Assisted clients with transitions, migrations and implementations of applications and hardware into Savvis data centers.
- Assisted customers during application testing process and ensure a timely and effective transfer to support.
- Experienced in project management principals as well as a strong working knowledge of Networking (LAN & WAN); Open Systems Servers (UNIX/LINUX/Sun/Windows);Network Security; Managed Backup and Storage Services SAN/NAS; Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery; and ITIL Managed Services Processes. When necessary, mentoring and providing project management services directly to the sponsoring business units.
1/94 – 12/04 Confidential. - Dallas, Texas
Application Development and Systems Implementation Project Manager,
- Coordinated requirements gathering, feature specifications, scope, system design, implementation, and project management for multiple company systems and applications. Coordinated the design and implementation of new software applications and hardware systems
- with multiple groups, both internal and external. Participated in planning strategic initiatives;
- researched new systems and technologies; manage software selection and approval process for
- acquisitions; and develop innovative technological solutions to solve business needs. Lead a
- team of 6-10 developer and analysts in the development, maintenance, and on-going support of
- field systems.
- Worked with third party vendors, NextJet Technologies and Baldwin, Hackett & Meeks, on the integration of several of Greyhound’s applications to provide a seamless data flow between legacy systems and web enabled applications to reduce errors and increase efficiencies in for field operations.
- Defined, designed and implemented a $1.5 million software and hardware POS system for the Package Express Division taking them from a manual paper based process to a real-time 24/7 tracking and tracing application that integrated seamlessly with Greyhound’s Oracle AR system.
- Re-engineered Greyhound Canada Express division to increase efficiency, enhance revenue capture, and improve cash management.
- Development training materials and Field Users Manuals.
- Managed Courier Division systems, UNIX based Business Information Management System and Vehicle Dispatching System using a wireless data network. System components include: Order Processing, Billing and Accounting, and AVL/GPS systems.
- Researched and designed an On-Board communication system for buses to provide tracking and intelligent monitoring .
- Work with internal business units, in a consulting capacity, to define their strategies and design, architect, develop, and implement solutions to execute those strategies.
1969 – 1993 Confidential- World Wide
- Emergency response actions and disaster planning for a several major US Air Force bases.
- Command and Control Operations and Communications
- Commander for Ground Launch Cruise Missile
- Commander Titan II Missile Launch Crew
- Auditor with the Air Force Audit Agency