Objective: To obtain a mid-level Project Management position in a reputed Professional / IT Services firm/PMO office with a view to use my wide experience for the benefit of the organization and to enrich my skills.
Summary: Certified Project Management Professional, specializing in Project Management, Resource Management, Operations Management and Client Relationship Management with proven managerial, business and people skills developed over 14 years, out of which 12 years in IT Industry (3 years in Project Management, 3 years in IT Operations Management, 5 years in Resource Management and 2 years in IT Sales/Marketing) of performance based management experience.
- Project Management
- Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Contract Management
- Vendor Management
- Account Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Client Relationship Management
- Service Management
- Managed $20m in projects over a 2 year span overseeing 40 on-site, offshore and near shore resources.
- Developed the business process and streamlined operations for a $135m company achieving a cost savings of 20% over 18 months through elimination of redundant positions, automating certain functions and consolidating suppliers.
- Managed a 20 member staffing team effectively, allowing me to get exposed to hundreds of consultants with various levels of experience, skills and backgrounds.
- One of the top performing sales persons nationwide for the year 1998, out of 12 people shortlisted for foreign trip as a sales incentive.
Project Management Experience:
Confidential Feb 2011-Present Client: Dept. of Education San Juan, Puerto Rico
This project is being developed using offshore and onsite project teams and is developed in 3 stages: 1. DoE HRMS System, implementation of Teacher and Employee Performance Appraisal using PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 (ePerformance) 2. DoE Payroll (RHUM) system, resolve current issues and develop real-time interfacing/synchronization between HR application (STAFF) and HR application (RHUM) using SOA architecture. 3. DoE Grants Management, implement COTS module to manage, maintain and report Grants funding both as Grantor and Grantee. Team Size: 19. Budget: $7 million.
- Worked with Senior Project Manager & Technical Project Managers in the planning and monitoring of projects to meet milestones, scope, quality and budget requirements.
- Responsible for reporting all important project updates and provide reporting metrics to Senior Project Manager and CIO.
- Serving as back up to the project management team when necessary
- Collecting and maintaining project documentation deliverables: Project Plan, Progress Reporting, Contracts, Process Flows, System Requirements, Test plan documents and Test Results
- Coordinating and managing the project's communication plan among team members, management, and stakeholders
- Scheduled and conducted most project management team meetings on a weekly basis, which involved setting project agenda priorities, maintaining project minutes and status updates.
- Provided an array of support for the Project Team including administrative duties, project minutes, and distribution of all meeting information, and occasionally assisted with risk mitigation
- Provide support to project managers, collaborate with internal teams to implement and maintain appropriate project-specific procedures, solutions, checklists and instructions.
- Responsible for Resource Management, mentor and monitor the resources, support & coordinate project on-boarding & off-boarding.
- Worked with project managers to build and cultivate skills within the core PM methodologies & tasks in the areas of:
- Scope Estimation using WBS
- Schedule Management
- Project Planning
- Resource Management
- Status Reporting
- Risk/Issue Analysis
- Change Management
Jr. Project Manager Dec 2009- Jan 2011 Client: Confidential Daytona Beach, FL Confidential are leading installers of residential insulation and other residential building products including insulation, fireplaces, gutters, shelving and more. With locations in most major metropolitan cities and 50 distribution sites in the United States, MCS companies combine top-grade building products with superior installation services. This project involves end-end deployment of Masco's Oracle Supply Chain solution (ERP application) across more than 200 Masco divisions in 50 distribution centers spread across 40+ States in the US. Team Size: 80. Budget: $13 million.
- Developed all supporting project documentation such as schedule, scope documents, release notes, and change requests.
- Worked with onshore and offshore project teams, QA and technical teams to track deliverables and ensure the team hits key milestones. Utilized project management tools such as MS Project, MS Visio and Jira
- Track project metrics to be used by management to judge project progress
- Implement change control procedures to be applied to project products such as plans, schedules, requirements, and technical documents
- Responsible for developing and maintaining resource calendar and estimate resource hours
- Administering the contracts with vendor companies
- Act as a coordinator between Division Manager & onsite ERP Analyst (at the Division) & Product Specialist (at home office)
- Coordinate project meeting schedules, agendas, and meeting minutes, tracking action items and updating the status.
Deputy Project Manager Dec 2009 - Present Confidential, (Division of LGS Global Ltd) Sterling, VA
Confidential is a division of LGS GLOBAL LTD and is a global IT Services provider focusing on strategic initiatives of customers, and delivering customized business solutions that help address their needs. LGS's expertise is in business process improvement, e-Business solutions, upgrades, ERP implementations, testing, as well as application management and support (AMS) helps increase Return On Investment (ROI) and reduce Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). LGS is ISO 9001:2000, 27001:2005 certified and apprised at CMMI ML 3 and headquartered in Hyderabad, India with state-of-the-art competency centers. With our Onsite, Offshore, Offsite delivery model, we serve a global clientele which includes Fortune 500 companies and Government Agencies. LGS bagged 15th place in Technology Fast 50 Program Conducted by Deloitte (2009) and LGS has been awarded 119th rank in Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific conducted by Deloitte (2009)
- Assist Senior Project Managers to tackle and handle various project scopes, timelines, needs and issues, creating and maintaining project documentations pertaining to various on-going IT application projects
- Involved in preparation of Project Proposal documents RFPs and RFIs
- Assist the project management team to build and develop core competencies in project management, which enables Company deliver just-in-time and cost-effective deployment services for the clients
Director-Operations Jan 2007 - Nov 2009 Confidential Irving, TX
Confidential is an IT consulting and staffing firm focused on providing it's clients and consultants a true value addition while making a positive difference with flexible, expert level and wide range of staffing solutions. As company has a large pool of highly qualified IT professionals specialized in ERP (SAP, Oracle and PeopleSoft), Hyperion, Business Intelligence (Cognos and Informatica), Web Technologies (Java and DOT NET stream) and other niche skills, it enables company deliver just-in-time, cost-effective staffing services
- Head of the staffing division. Lead the team for best results in Resource Management with strategic approach and effective leadership and is responsible for resource allocation across related projects/operations
- Developed the Business Process and streamlined the operations with the industry best practices
- Responsible for daily staff management, administration activities, resource management planning, reporting, coordination of all training and on/off boarding activities
- Provided the direction and supervises the activities in the area of Staffing Augmentation with offshore and onsite sales teams to meet the staffing needs of the clients in the areas of ERP (SAP, Oracle and PeopleSoft), Hyperion, Business Intelligence, Web Technologies (Java and DOT NET stream) and other niche skills
- Identified and nurtured the best practices across teams for the better results
Sr. Manager-Business Development Jan 2005 - Dec 2006 Confidential Irving, TX
- Responsible for meeting the staffing needs of the clients and increasing the overall sales of the company in the area of staffing augmentation.
- Responsible for new account acquisition, identifying repeat business opportunities within existing accounts, comprehensive account planning, mapping their requirements & coordinating their requirements for new business development.
Recruiting Manager June 2001- Dec 2004 Confidential Chicago IL
- Recruited & Retained huge pool of resources to meet staffing needs of the clients and made huge contribution to the phenomenal growth of the company
- Hired many college graduates and helped them with career planning and development
IT Sales Manager Jan 1999- May 2001 Confidential Hyderabad, India
- Responsible for IT sales in the areas of selling web based application software
- Played a pivotal role in company's growth while securing the clients like Dr. Reddy's Laboratories.
Area Sales Manager June 1997 - Dec 1998 Confidential Hyderabad, India
- Responsible to handle dealer & distributor network for selling TVs and home appliances for ONIDA & SONY brands
Masters Degree in Business Administration Bachelors Degree in Science Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering (ADSE)
Project Management Professional (PMP) Project Management Institute (PMI) Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) V3 Foundation Office of Government Commerce (OGC)
- Proficient with: MS PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access
- Experience with: MS Project, MS Visio,Jira, CBizSoft, Zoniac Swift, QuickBooks, Peachtree Accounting
- Knowledge on: Java, C++, PLSQL, Oracle, SAP, Oracle Applications, PeopleSoft, MS SharePoint
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Member of Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Member of IT Service Management Forum (itSMF)
- Member of Federal Govt. Contractor Network (TFCN)
Status: Permanent Resident of United States of America Citizenship with Republic of India