Over 15 years of quality project management leadership experience in research and development corporations providing coordination and organization of all aspects of product development, delivery and release. PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification training. RAB Lead Quality Management System (ISO-9001) Auditor and proven implementer. (Also, TL9000 lead auditor). Experienced leader in SEI Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) implementation and assessment. Six Sigma Specialist. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation certification training. Accelerating Breakthrough Innovations for New Product Development (SDLC).
Current Secret Clearance.
Software Quality Consultant/Product Quality
Confidential 6/11 – current
Manage multiple software projects leading in quality and project milestones. Implementing CMMI concepts and six sigma programs. Track and report Quality metrics and KPI to executive management.
Software Quality Consultant
Confidential 11/09 – 6/11
Successfully evaluated existing program data to create a metrics solution proposal. This proposal was
presented to executive division management, approved and implemented.
Sr. Quality Engineer
Confidential – Richardson, Tx
11/07 – 11/09 (& previously 9/98 – 9/01)
Provide leadership, guidance and implementation assistance to projects in areas of quality management throughout the product lifecycle. Develop quality engineering plans, metrics and maintain the risk registor to support product development phases. Ensure that project activities are performed in accordance with plans, standards, and procedures. Develop procedures, policies and systems to support the management system and process improvement efforts. Support and lead internal and external audits, as needed. Develop project metrics and reports for executive management and customers. Provide project, tool and process training as needed. (Oracle, SQL server, Business Objects)
Sr. Quality Engineer
Confidential - Greenville Tx 05/04 – 11/07
Provide upper management with leadership, guidance and implementation assistance to projects in areas of Quality Management via leadership in the SPEG & EPI. Leader in CMMI certification to Level 5 and Six Sigma efforts. Preforming internal and external audits to both CMMI and AS9100 standards. (DOORS, PRET, C++, MFC, SQL, SPC, ClearCase, SEI CMMI High Maturity training).
- Improved customer satisfaction with PD by up to 50% by leading a process improvement team to develop a cross functional procedure for testing and customer demos.
- Set up a reporting and tracking database in DOORS to track and report testing progress at Functional Test Verification Phase for Project Management and customer usage in evidence for payment. Six Sigma specialist project.
- As part of the Product development process team, preformed gap analysis and updates to product development procedures and tools, as need to support the goal of meeting SEI CMMI Level 4 & 5 process areas and goals.
- Provided training on key concepts such as testing, software configuration management and project planning.
- As part of the pilot program, developed metrics to support corporate goals which were also, used as CMMI evidence. Including use of ANOVA testing and PPMs.
Quality Consultant & Adjunct Professor
9/01 – 5/04 Confidential Quality Management Consultant
Assist companies in achieving Quality Management goals such as TS 16949, TL9000 ISO 13485 and ISO 9001:2000 certification.
- Emersion/Fisher - Successfully guided an international manufacturing company in improving it’s quality and project management system to meet ISO certification.
Quality Project Manager
Confidential – Richardson, Tx 9/98 – 9/01
Provide leadership, guidance and implementation assistance to projects in areas of
planning, measurement and compliance for Transport and Access product lines. Directly reporting to the Director of Program & Quality Management, supporting product planning and development. Responsibilities included:
- Led FNC Product Planning effort in successfully achieving TL9000 certification.FNC was one of the 1st group of companies to be awarded TL9000 certification.
- Lead internal Capability Maturity Model (for CSQP) audits and participated in supplier quality meetings. Working with customers on release dates, requirements and issues.
- Represented Quality in the Quality Management Council (QMC). This team is responsible for defining the lifecycle processes for all of FNC using TL9000 quality standard methodology. Key concepts were Time to Market and Release control.
Sr SWE Quality Engineer Confidential – Irving,Tx. & Confidential – Dallas, Tx
9/96 – 9/98
Planned, implemented, and controlled the Quality program for multiple projects within
the Digital Health Imaging Group and the AxSYM medical device from concept phase to product delivery. Responsibilities included:
- Successfully launching two new product releases, and 5 interim releases on these product lines while meeting FDA, customer requirements and schedule demands.
- Lead process improvement team which identified and resolved a major product defect. This fix improved product line revenue by over 30%.
- Preformed supplier audits for product line which included Sun Microsystems
S/W Quality Engineer Confidential - Dallas, Tx
4/94 – 9/96
Develop and design software for the telco product line supporting GTE.
Provide UNIX shell scripts for upgrading existing systems. Assisted in ISO 9000
Environment : UNIX, IBM PC servers, ESQL, C & SQL.
CM Engineer Confidential - McKinney, Tx.
11/ 91 - 4/ 94 Planned, implemented, and controlled the Software Configuration Management and Quality for multiple projects within the Inverse Synthetic Aperture Radar (ISAR) projects of the Defense Systems and Electronics Group.
Software Engineer Confidential – Confidential - Richardson, Tx.
7/88 – 2/91 Designed, coded and enhanced software for the SS7 protocol Man-
Machine Interface programs for switching products using C and Z8000 assembly in a VAX/VMS environment.
Education Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering/Mathematics