Employment & Professional Achievements:
Confidential (Passaic, NJ) - Lawson Systems Manager (1/09- Present).
Provide functional and technical support for Finance, Accounts Payable, Materials Management, Human Resources and Payroll departments. Conduct training courses for Lawson users as required. Extract data and load files from 3rd party applications into Lawson using MS Add-Ins. Write customized reports using Report Writer and Crystal Reports. Maintain lawapp, lawweb, lawdb, and lawdev servers. Load patches and service packs. Maintain user security.
- Successfully lead a project to upgrade the Lawson application and environment from version 8.1 to version 9.0.
- Successfully lead a project to implement the fixed assets module within Lawson.
- Saved the hospital $35,000 per month by eliminating a long-standing consultant.
- Developed a disaster recovery plan for Materials Management in the event of system downtime.
- Create detailed procedure documents to ensure compliance with MIS auditors.
- Coordinated effort to generate and issue 1099 and W2 forms accurately and on time.
- Create custom reports and queries for senior management.
- Conduct comprehensive training courses for Lawson users on an ongoing basis to enhance their understanding of the system as it applies to their job functions.
Confidential (New York, NY) - Lawson Administrator (6/05-12/08)
Developed and maintained the Lawson financial system. Managed the Accounts Payable function including the supervision and direction of 3 accounts payable staff members. Prepared monthly financial statements and annual budgets.
- Lawson - Provided training and support on the financial system modules for end users. Maintained chart of accounts and company/accounting unit structures. Created and maintained end user documentation. Uploaded monthly payroll files. Responsible for security and new user setup. Troubleshot possible "bugs" within the system and tested possible patch fixes with implementation into production.
- Optimization - Created/maintained either ad-hoc reporting or financial statements for 24 general ledger companies and departments within those companies using Lawson"s Report Writer. Established workflow procedures to increase product utilization and promote end-user acceptance.
- Financial-Responsible for preparation, review and analysis of selected financial statements including detailed working papers. Reviewed and approved accounts payable invoice coding to ensure expenses were properly classified according to budget.
- Compliance -Contributing member of finance team responsible for compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and timely satisfaction of Securities and Exchange Commission reporting requirements.
Confidential (Clark, NJ) - Senior Lawson Accountant (1/04-6/05)
Managed the accounting functions and fixed assets of this group, reporting to the Matrix Accounting Manager. Responsible for monthly closings, cost breakdowns, and specialized financial reports.
- Financial- Tracked promotions, rebates, and licensing fees within the Chain Co-op Program. Developed improved procedures and systems to monitor reimbursement of advertising fees.
- Optimization - Designed cost allocations to disperse posted balances across general ledger accounts for 9 brands. Created new report formats using Lawson Report Writer for each department with breakdowns for 9 brands.
- Administration - Managed the interface between the US financial reporting systems and the OGWin system used by L"Oreal"s corporate headquarters in France. Prepared additions, deletions, and modifications to reports to provide a seamless conversion of accurate and timely information.
- Accounting Systems - Member of project team assigned to convert worldwide financial system from Lawson to SAP.
Confidential (Little Falls, NJ) - Applications Consultant/Project Manager (2/01-1/04)
Project manager, accounting specialist, and consultant to CFOs and Controllers at multimillion corporations. Assessed customer requirements for reporting, processing, and training. Customized design specs for client approval. Setup GL, AP, Fixed Assets, and Project Accounting modules and customized financial reports. Provided training to client users prior to going live on Lawson.
- Financial- Created year-end financials for a financial institution in Pennsylvania at the 11th hour, after client was unsuccessful.
- Consultation - Created a proposal for a Lawson upgrade; generated $36,000 in new revenue.
- Implementation - Customized and implemented Lawson GL, AP and AM modules on time and in budget for various clients throughout the United States.
Confidential (Parsippany, NJ) - Accounting / Business Applications Consultant (2/99-2/01)
Established requirements for accounting and finance departments in client companies. Worked closely with client managers to design and implement Lawson or Peoplesoft GL, AP, and fixed asset accounting systems. Prepared design documents and manuals and trained end-users.
- Accounting Systems - Teamed with programmers to customize an interface between project accounting, billing, and AR for a major retail chain (Williams-Sonoma) in San Francisco. Developed a unique billing solution to replace a disabled billing system and critical revenue loss. Outlined and implemented Lawson"s AR module for a dot com startup on a limited budget.
- Customization - Modified a PeopleSoft billing application for a Major advertising firm based on the customer"s unique billing requirements. Averted a huge billing problem for their business.
- Problem Solving - Identified and resolved a critical error in revenue reporting for a publications company. Discovered certain General Ledger accounts were not picked up by the income statement, due to faulty report setups. Corrected reports stopped a P&L understatement.
Confidential (Hightstown, NJ) - Fixed Assets Accountant (9/97-2/99)
Liaison and subject matter expert for the McGraw-Hill and Lawson implementation team. Also prepared general ledger and financial reports regarding fixed assets for senior management and auditor team. Responsible for fixed assets transactions, general ledger, reports, and reconciliation using the fixed assets system.
- Implementation - Ensured that Fixed Assets was the first module to go into production during the conversion to Lawson. Reviewed fixed assets conversions and advised the Lawson team on fixed assets questions. Expedited implementation and problem solving.
Education & Professional Training
- Master of Science, Jurisprudence
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
- ERP Systems - Lawson, SAP, Great Plains, Peoplesoft, Business Software, Inc. (BSI), API Healthcare, Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX).
- Microsoft Office - Excel, Project, Word, Add-Ins